How to range frost dragons?

Kirbyallstar

I just unlocked them last night, and I want to kill some. Option A or option B?

Option A:

101002133353.png

Option B:

101002133553.png

Also, fury or range ammy? In the pic I have the range ammy.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

My guide is somewhat out of date, but the latest posts should give you every bit of information you need.

Some observations:

1) Don't use chaotic crossbow.

2) If you have a decent enough firemaking level, always use hand cannon.

3) Prayer bonus is important. Use sw cape with hand cannon or broad bolts.

4) No need to go crazy with the prayer bonus, use ranging amulet for hand cannon/broad bolts, fury with runite bolts(along with accumulator).

I would suggest 3 efficient methods of killing them in the order of best to worst:

Hand cannon > Runite crossbow(runite bolts) > Magic shortbow(runite arrows)

I'ver personally not yet completed(working on getting rigour right now) my research of ranging frost dragons yet, so i'm not going to update my guide with this information as of yet, but i've been getting 195 consistent kills an hour with hand cannon/eagle eye, almost as much as with melee.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

My guide is somewhat out of date, but the latest posts should give you every bit of information you need.

Some observations:

1) Don't use chaotic crossbow.

2) If you have a decent enough firemaking level, always use hand cannon.

3) Prayer bonus is important. Use sw cape with hand cannon or broad bolts.

4) No need to go crazy with the prayer bonus, use ranging amulet for hand cannon/broad bolts, fury with runite bolts(along with accumulator).

I would suggest 3 efficient methods of killing them in the order of best to worst:

Hand cannon > Runite crossbow(runite bolts) > Magic shortbow(runite arrows)

I'ver personally not yet completed(working on getting rigour right now) my research of ranging frost dragons yet, so i'm not going to update my guide with this information as of yet, but i've been getting 195 consistent kills an hour with hand cannon/eagle eye, almost as much as with melee.

Yeah, I was quite confused on what to bring because I read your guide and watched a couple of vids of people ranging frosties. Some of them used cbows and others used hand cannon.

Tzhaar Own just came out with his range frosties guide and he was "theoretically" getting over 200 kills per hour with the hand cannon. He was probably using rigour however. I'll do what you said and use an ardy cloak 3 instead of a sw cape since I can't get one, hand cannon, and range ammy. Thanks a lot everyone for the advice.

Watched his guide and really, it's more or less a video version of my guide, only he has no idea what luring is. As i said, 195 consistent(this word is here for a reason) is possible with eagle eye, more than 200 with rigour, but it's still somewhat less efficient compared to melee because of the weapon cost(375k an hour for hand cannon, 100k an hour for rapier).

Btw, you should use fury(for prayer bonus). I have absolutely no idea why tzhaar own was using accumulator...

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Watched his guide and really, it's more or less a video version of my guide, only he has no idea what luring is. As i said, 195 consistent(this word is here for a reason) is possible with eagle eye, more than 200 with rigour, but it's still somewhat less efficient compared to melee because of the weapon cost(375k an hour for hand cannon, 100k an hour for rapier).

Btw, you should use fury(for prayer bonus). I have absolutely no idea why tzhaar own was using accumulator...

Ya, it wasn't really a guide, it was just him killing the drags haha. He never bothered explaining his methods and whatnot. It was more of a "Watch me kill frosties with range" video.

You confuse me :blink: First you say use range ammy then you want me to use fury now? But nevertheless, you're right, I'll use the fury along with the ardy cape.