Guide to efficient Frost dragon slaying.

xpx

Yes there are other guides released to date, and yes, they are not a particularly hard monster to figure out, though they can be very deadly if not handled in the right way, but there are still people out there looking for efficient methods of killing these babies, so first, lets meet and get to know our enemy:

[hide=Frost dragon, level 166.]250px-Frostdragon.png

(Image from runewiki)

Despite the fearsome look, if handled with care, they will very easily lay down and die.

85+ dungeoneering is required to reach them, so if you dont have this level or are not planning to get it any time soon, reading this guide will not be of great use, I also advise against reading this guide if you are not 96+ summoning or are not planning to reach that level any time soon- Pack yak and its special ability is what makes frost dragon great, otherwise youd be better off with TDs or maybe even solo Bandos, sure, its still possible and profitable, but not nearly as good anymore.

Frost dragons have 4 different attacks, three of which you will completely defended against:

Magic attack- an icicle flying towards you with some awesome graphics of when it hits you- this is a very accurate attack even against karils with a max hit around 200, though it can be tanked with karils and soul split, you will be severely compromised against another of their attacks. This attack can completely be avoided having protect from magic or deflect magic prayers on, with the deflect curse recommended as it will speed up your hourly kills.

Firebreath attack- typical firebreath attack by dragons, maxes at around 300 without firebreath protection, around 90+ with deflect/protect magic and can completely be avoided with a combination of dragonfire/antifire shield and antifire potion or super antifire potions which are recommended in this guide.

Icebreath attack- similar to the firebreath attack though it will only be used in close combat where as firebreath can be used from a distance. This attack will also be avoided in the same situations as the firebreath attack.

Melee attack- Bite, likely slash based attack, maxes at 214, relatively accurate but not as accurate as the magic attack. This attack will only be used from close combat, so it will only bother you when using melee against the dragons, which, as it happens, is the most efficient way to kill them. Though the attack will deliver some nice DPS on you and using good armor is recommended, with decent skills in soul split flicking you will be completely fine.

So- from reading all that, they might even seem tougher or fiercer, but as previously stated, you will likely only be suffering the damage of one of those attacks, or none of them in case of ranging or maging.[/hide]

[hide=Drops]

Now with all the high requirements and difficulty in killing, youll be interested in the drops, and you wont be disappointed:

100% drops: Frost dragon bones, currently 18,5k each, estimated stabilization price ~20k each, the only real reason you are here.

Other drops:

Draconic visage, extremely rare, estimated drop rate around 1 in 8 000(yeah, my personal visage droprate so far is around 1/5 500), currently worth 33M, so it adds around 4k per every dragon killed(its only fair to account for this as most other moneymakers are much, much less consistent).

Starved ancient effigies- another great reason to camp these, though I dont have an accurate drop rate for these yet, but so far, and I have likely have been lucky, I have had one every ~300 kills over around 9 000 dragons, though other people have reported drop rates over 1/500.

Half keys- extremely rare, drop rate somewhere around 1 in 3 000, but thats it with drops that are worth more than the bones.

Rune longswords, uncommon drops.

Noted grimy herbs, very common drops, ranarr, lantadyme and dwarf weed are the ones worth picking up.

Runite arrows(12), common drop, around 1/15.

Blood(10), Death(15) and Law(10) runes, common drops, I only pick up death and blood runes, you have got to remember, every second you waste picking up low value drops you lose time to kill another dragon and are actually making less money.

Water talismans(2), common, worth picking up, will make up a nice sum of money.

Adamant bars(3), uncommon, but still worth picking up.

Clue scrolls, likely one of the best droppers of these, but certainly not doing right now.

As for charms, the crimson charm drop rate is around 18% and blue charm drop rate around 3,5%, other charms are not efficient to pick up.

Now the reason why these are a great, consistent moneymaker is the fact that the minimum drop is worth 18k while the average drop considering visage is around 24k(18,5+4+1,5), though these estimates are bound to change and the estimated average profit per dragon would be around 24k.

[/hide]

[hide=Getting there]

Another important thing still to consider is getting there. As most of you know, they are placed at the resource dungeon in Asgarnian ice dungeon, the same place you used to go to kill wyverns, only the entrance is placed north instead of south in the dungeon. The most commonly used method to get there is to use a fairy ring from edgeville to teleport to the mudskipper point, but to be honest, I prefer using chipped house tablets to teleport to the rimmington house portal and run from there. As evidenced by some pro-tort slayers, the chipped-rimmington tablets are actually the fastest way to get there, in addition to being able to recharge prayer or summoning points on the way there.[/hide]

[hide=Killing and Cannoning]With all this information, we should get to the real business, the killing. As this is an efficient killing guide, a cannon is assumed for every method, and as it increases the number of kills by a great deal(150%+) it is still efficient to use.

Most of the guides I have seen have been using the north side of the dungeon as its bigger and has more dragons in it(7 vs 5), but actually, the smaller place and dragons being packed more together is what you want. I dont guarantee that the spot I use to place the cannon is the best, but certainly better than any of the ones in the northern side.

cannonspot.png

This spot(circled in orange) is easy to spot in the min/software setting, but might not be as easy for some other graphics setting. As a general rule when using melee at this spot, the cannon will do around as much damage as you are doing with melee, and more than you are when maging or ranging. It is important to note that when a cannon attacks a dragon on the east side you should run as far west as possible to get the cannon to hit it many times per round. There are 3 dragon spawns in a triangle around the cannon and as they are large monsters, your cannon will frequently hit the dragon 2-4 times per round, or hit the dragon constantly when its placed just inside the cannon(very fast kills that way). You shouldnt worry about finding dragons to attack as the cannon will have atleast one, attacking you almost constantly. The dragons are a bit bugged right now and many dragons(up to 4) can attack you at the same time if the cannon hits them in close succession, so you will have to find the dragon that is actually in combat with you, though it might not be very easy.[/hide]

[hide=Luring]

Luring is an essential part of cannoning if a cannon out-damages your main attack, which is true for every combat class at frost dragons, but particularly important for lower damaging methods like maging and ranging. First, lets examine the monster respawn positioning at this particular position:

cannoning.png

As you can see, the cannon is beautifully placed in the middle of 4 dragon spawns to be able to equally damage them all, and that's what you'd be looking for. There are 2 more dragons located in the bottom part of the dungeon and they will be considered later. Now lets examine the damaging zone of the cannon:

cannonzone.png

This is a very rough representation of how many times per full rotation the cannon will hit a dragon at that particular position. As you can see, having dragons diagonally facing the cannon is much better than having the dragons vertically face the cannon, so this should be considered. When maging and raning, the dragons should always be in the red zone, when meleeing, the dragons should atleast be in the blue zone but not too far from the cannon. Now lets get into the 4 particular lures primarily used at the spot. If you are looking to melee, only the first lure is enough, if you are raning, luring should be as much as a priority as attacking the dragon, if you are maging, luring should be your first priority.

1) East lure.

luring.png

The most important lure- once you kill all the 4 dragons around you the cannon will attack far off dragons which is bad as respawning dragons will block the cannon hitting them again- run to the western most point or behind the rock(explained later) to get them off you or closer to you. This lure should be used even on melee or the dragon should be dealt with fast via dragon claws specs.

2) North lure.

lure2.png

This is a very common lure and should always be used with magic, but can be ignored with the other 2 classes. The dragon is only attacked once per round by the cannon so should be gotten a little closer- run a small loop south-east and it should be in place.

3) South lure.

lure3.png

This is likely the easiest lure- run behind the north-western rock for 2 seconds and the dragon should walk to place very fast. The rock can also be used for the west lure as you can't be attacked while behind it, so the dragons will get closer to you very fast.

4) West lure.

lure4.png

This is likely the most frustrating and time consuming lure, but should still be always used with magic, if the dragon is already ~70% hp, skip it with range.

Remember, when you get 2 dragons on you, you can still lure them both, so lure them both into place and be ready for when you know which dragon you can attack. If you lure the dragon right inside the cannon or if the cannon attacks the dragon at the right position, the cannon will damage it 6 times per round, likely resulting in an insta-kill, with speeds up training by alot.[/hide]

[hide=Melee]

Now lets get to the most commonly used combat style at the dragons, melee.

Requirements:

90+ melee skills, 95+ recommended.

96+ summoning.

70+ prayer, 95+ recommended.

84+ herblore(extreme pure set and super antifires), possibly 91+(super prayers and overloads)

Equipment (what I use):

armoroa.png

Helmet: Neitiznot>veracs

Cape: Soul Wars>Ardy cloak 3>Fire cape

Amulet: Fury>glory

Weapon: Rapier>>Zamorakian spear>~Longsword(will explain later)

Body armor: BCP>barrows plate

Shield: Rune defender > dragonfire shield

Leg armor: Tassets ~ Veracs skirt(both very, very close)

Gloves: Dark gloves

Boots: Dragon boots

Ring: Berserker (i)>Berserker>Onyx (i)

Why is the spear better than CLS? Firstly, zamorakian spear doesnt cost 120k an hour to maintain, so you will be saving money with it, and secondly, because of its speed, the DPS is actually a bit higher when you consider deadly hits. Because these dragons have extremely low stab defense, the difference in accuracy between spear and longsword is barely noticeable, and as these dragons are 6 speed, will make SS switching much easier and less dangerous.

The setup should look something like this: (this is what I personally use)

setups.png

This is a setup for a 1 hour 40 minute trip, which is around the maximum amount of time you can spend on a trip and still be efficient. The summoning potions are to restore the summoning special bar to bank more bones, and 9 of them are enough for me to bank ~335 bones in that time, you can bring a few more if you are faster. The super prayer potions are not a must, but I just like using them as they require less clicking, but normal prayer potions will easily do the trick. 22 four dose prayer potions are enough for the 100 minute trip, bringing a few more (as I have) is just in case I happen to accidentally bank one. In that 100 minute trip you will use around 2,5k cannonballs and 300 special scrolls, so bring atleast that many.

Now, this setup requires some very high levels(96 herblore 95 prayer) but is certainly the most efficient way to kill them. When using overloads, its recommended to have dragon claws at hand to spec dragons that the cannon only hits 0-1 times per round, this will give you around 4-8 dragons more an hour, Im currently not using them as I like to relax a bit more. Certainly, extreme potions coupled with Enchanted Excalibur special is enough, but you will lose around 10-20 kills an hour and use more prayer for berserker (if you are using it on curses, which you should). Piety is the bare minimum of what is needed to kill them but in that case you will often need to use sidestepping and will lose even more kills an hour. As I havent tried killing the dragons with any of the lower requirements or levels for obvious reasons, I cant report how many of what potions you will need, but if you are level 120 without turmoil, summoning potions will certainly not be required, but will be replaced with food.

Now I hear you, and I have already heard this comment: ''How in the world are you staying there for 100 minutes with only 1k LP worth of food when you are at 500 LP constantly and getting hit 214s.'' But actually, if you are using this particular setup, and are any good, you wont be needing any food at all. HOW??? Soul Split. HOW?? Soul split flicking. Its a common method used at many boss monsters to use soul split together with a protection prayer and gain the bonuses of both. When the dragon is hitting you, you will have deflect curse on, and when you are hitting the dragon, you will hale soul split on. Yes, its not very easy at first, but with a bit of exercise (mithril dragons are likely the best place to exercise this) this will be an extremely useful asset in any bosshunting. This is also why the spear is better than longsword, as when flicking, you want to preferably use a weapon with the same speed as the monster, and as the dragons are 6 speed, longsword will me less protected from their magic attack. Do be warned, if the dragon is hitting one game tick after you are, you will still receive damage, but that is an uncommon occurrence.

Overall, melee is easily the best method to kill these in terms of efficiency but the worst in terms of ease. With the best setup, dragon claws and fast killing(and killing speed depends a lot on how active you are) 210+ kills an hour is possible. With my usual trips without claws and a bit of laziness, 200 kills is around what you will be getting. Without overloads, 185-195 an hour is the usual figure[/hide]

[hide=Ranged]

Requirements:

90+ ranged, 95+ recommended.

99 firemaking(for hand cannon).

~70+ prayer (if you have rigor, definitely use it).

96+ summoning.

87+ herblore(for extreme ranging and super antifire, but can be without either)

Equipment (what I would use):

rangedsetup.png

Void range(deflector)>Void range(traditional)>maximum range attack setup

Helmet: Armadyl >archer

Cape: accumulator (picking up will take too much time) or SW cape(for prayer bonus)

Amulet: Fury>~ranging (depending on other equipment and prayer bonus)

Arrows/bolts: diamond~broad with crossbow, other ammunition depending on the weapon

Weapon: Hand cannon>Rune crossbow(runite bolts)> Magic shortbow(rune arrows)

Body armor: Armadyl> black hide

Sheild: unholy book

Leg armor: Armadyl> black hide

Gloves: Mercenary> dark gloves

Boots: Ranged boots> snakeskin

Ring: Archer (i)> archer(as there is no reason to use onyx(i) when you can use archer(i))

Traditional prayer(rigor/eagle eye + protect magic) > Curses

The first thing you have to note about ranged is that you will certainly not be getting as many kills as you would with melee, but its still efficient as your cannon will account for around 110 kills. Also, as your cannon DPS is bigger than the normal range DPS, you should spend a fair bit of time to lure dragons closer to the cannon, or get away from dragons that the cannon cant hit at all.

For the setup, as I havent done much ranging there(no reason to either) I dont have an accurate account for what you need, but the setup will still be similar to the melee one. Certainly more prayer potions are needed, so take around 28-30, summoning potions arent needed(as you arent killing them fast enough) and neither is food, as while staying out of melee range you will only be hit with magic and dragonbreath, both of which you are protected against. Overloads are not worth using as you only need the ranged boost, so bring 6-7 ext ranging ones and pot every 3-4 levels with berserker curse. With ranged you also have the luxury of doing even longer trips with super prayers, but then you will have to figure out the setup by yourself.

Overall, with diamond bolts you should be getting around 180-190 kills an hour with some nice ranged xp.

Edit: a likely ranged setup:

rangew.png[/hide]

[hide=Magic]

This is the worst of the three combat classes to use here as these dragons have substantial magic defense, but its still nice to use if you are finishing off those last few magic levels.

Requirements:

95+ magic(fire surge).

70+ prayer(82+ is very helpful)

96+ summoning.

91+ herblore(overloads are strongly recommended)

Equipment (what I would use):

magesetup.png

Helmet: 3a mage hat > farseer

Cape: Ardougne Cloak 3 > Soul Wars >~ mage arena cape(depends on your other equipment)

Amulet: Arcane stream necklace (if you dont have one at 85 dungeoneering, you are doing something horribly wrong).

Staff: Staff of light ~ chaotic staff (depends on if you like xp or profit more)

Body armor: ahrims

Shield: Arcane > unholy book

Leg armor: ahrims

Gloves: Dark gloves

Boots: Infinity

Ring: Seer (i) > Seer(yet again, there is no reason to use onyx when you can have seer(i))

Curses(deflect magic+ leech range and defense) > Traditional prayers

Using magic against these dragons is much like ranging, only the DPS of the main attack will be even higher and the portion of cannon damage grows even larger, so luring should likely be very important when the cannon cant get to a particular dragon. Certainly, you will also be making less money as the spells cost a fair bit of money, but I dont think battle robes will be too good as you lose quite a bit of magic attack and thus hourly kills, and lose a lot of killing time in recharging them, so if you are efficient, dont use them. With good speed, 155-170 kills an hour is be possible even with magic.

For the setup, you will need around 26 prayer potions, the overload and super antifire amount stays the same as for melee, but yet again, you wont need any summoning potions, as well as food(as you wont be taking any damage). Unfortunately, extreme magic potions are next to useless for their drain rate, so overloads are recommended and will save a huge load of space and clicking. You can consider doing ~160 minute trips assuming you have super prayers.

Edit: a likely mage setup:

magev.png[/hide]

[hide=Profit]So, now you will be looking for some efficiency figures, and sure enough, here they are:

costp.png

This is from the 100 minute trip of what you need to bring without overloads and chaotic weapon. Currently, one 3 dose overload costs around 76k to make, but gives fast 2,2k xp, and at 30 gp per xp(the accepted price for fast xp) so its 10k per 3 doses, ~70k for the 5 four dose pots, around 120k for the rapier repairs, so the actual figure is around 1,5m for 100 minutes, 900k an hour.

The profits? at my usual pace of 335 dragons per trip and the current 24k per dragon, that is 3,9m an hour, 3,1m of which is guaranteed. At a maximum pace of 210 dragons an hour, 4,1m an hour is possible even now, when the prices are low.

I will be adding efficiency figures for range and magic as soon as i have the time to.[/hide]

[hide=Experience]As for the hourly xp the the dragons, well, its not great, but still much better than most monster hunting moneymakers except for mithril dragons and possibly DKs. The dragons give a bit higher base xp than normal monsters(around 0,44 attack xp per DP).

The hourly experience rates are as follows:

Melee: 70k attack 38k ranged

Ranged: 94k ranged

Magic: 96k magic 32k ranged

The experience rate for melee is quite average, but better than other great MH moneymakers, the ranged xp is quite pitiful, but considering ranged isn't too much worse for kills an hour than melee, it's reasonable. The magic xp, however, is great, even better than alching and with the ranged xp added in, a nice way to train those two combat skills, but is balanced in terms of magic being by far the least profitable method of killing these monsters.

[/hide]

[hide=Killing tips and Rewards]As for general tips for killing, the more active you are, the more kills you can get. You shouldnt usually wait for the loot to appear after the dragon dies as the animation takes a long time- more on to the next dragon and pick the loot up later. When meleeing, never let your hp drop lower than 214, as this is their max hit, but when you should die and have a reasonable gravestone you will certainly get your stuff back. The dragons drop Sharks(1,2) very often and they should be eaten to heal a bit of the overload damage, or stored for when you need them, but be sure to not crowd your inventory too much. Also, when picking up drops, always consider the time it takes- around 1 second per drop, and 18 seconds per dragon, youd actually lose money picking up drops worth less than ~1,5k, and the picking can take even longer as the dragons are quite far apart. I will likely be adding a Q/A to the guide if I can get some constructive feedback.

And if you do everything right, you should end up with something like this

reward.png

Well okmost of the bones are bought, but the longswords are legit, and with around 1/110 drop rate, means Ive killed quite a few of these babiesno visage yet, but Im not there for the money anyway.

Edit:

visage.png

Yes, my first visage after around 10k frosts and 20-30k other dragons for slayer, got the drop while researching information for this guide for magic(more detailed luring, spawns and more exact kills an hour).

Edit2:

visage2.png

My second visage from frosts. Got this while testing the effectiveness of ranged at the dragons, around 1k kills after the first visage.

[/hide]

This is my first guide so Id be grateful for useful feedback, and I hope you enjoyed reading this guide. Thank you.

[hide=Frost dragons with war tortoise]

Note, this is not my guide and i don't take any credit for what you will see on the guide, however, this is by far the best guide to kill frost dragons efficiently without a pack yak, and as this has been a popular request on the topic thus far, i feel i should include it here(better explanation of the guide on youtube).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdm5cn1RZCQ

(credits to RonBest)

[/hide]

[hide=Credits]

DutchPlease (Latin in game)- for helping me get 1250 conquest ranking.

bedman - for correcting some mistakes in the guide.

[/hide]

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice guide, although I personally won't be using it for a while (Only 112 Combat). Just a note for everyone without Super Antifires, Protect from Magic and and a regular Antifire completely negates the Dragonfire attack, making Super Antifires uneccesary (as you're praying Magic anyway).

Nice guide, although I personally won't be using it for a while (Only 112 Combat). Just a note for everyone without Super Antifires, Protect from Magic and and a regular Antifire completely negates the Dragonfire attack, making Super Antifires uneccesary (as you're praying Magic anyway).

There are actually 2 reasons why i'd advise against using normal antifires(though yeah, they will be as good as super ones for 99% of the time).

Fristly, You will get 2 messages for dragonfire with the method, so it will be even harder to spot the important messages you need to spot- cannon decay(every 20 minutes), antifire running off(every ~6 minutes) and overload running off(every 5 minutes), and coupled with the constant: You are already under attack message! you would be very likely to miss more of those messages.

Secondly, as you are using soul-split flicking, you will be hit for more damage.

Also, if you already have the level for super antifires you should already have a great stock of those in your bank as they are free to make. Another small reasoning is that i don't suggest using anything lower than extreme pots anyway, as it's just not efficient.

Very nice guide, I enojoyed reading it. I'm about to get 85 dungeoneering so I might try it out. Constant soul split flicking sounds a bit tiresome though, especially when having to pick up drops, load up cannon and send bones home. We'll see how it goes :-)

Very nice guide, I enojoyed reading it. I'm about to get 85 dungeoneering so I might try it out. Constant soul split flicking sounds a bit tiresome though, especially when having to pick up drops, load up cannon and send bones home. We'll see how it goes :-)

It's not really constant flicking, the dragons don't do much damage at all, maybe around 700 LP per 5 minutes which is less than 3 full dragons. The constant clicking is somewhat tiresome, but is nothing like the major competition to frost dragons- cannoning DK's or TD's(which is alot more click heavy).

True. Somehow I don't mind the clicking at TD's though (and do mind the clicking for banking, filling cannon, flicking soul split, and attacking new monsters). Also, is it me, or did soul split flickering get more annoying because of the wall of text it has now.

There are actually 2 reasons why i'd advise against using normal antifires(though yeah, they will be as good as super ones for 99% of the time).

Fristly, You will get 2 messages for dragonfire with the method, so it will be even harder to spot the important messages you need to spot- cannon decay(every 20 minutes), antifire running off(every ~6 minutes) and overload running off(every 5 minutes), and coupled with the constant: You are already under attack message! you would be very likely to miss more of those messages.

Secondly, as you are using soul-split flicking, you will be hit for more damage.

Also, if you already have the level for super antifires you should already have a great stock of those in your bank as they are free to make. Another small reasoning is that i don't suggest using anything lower than extreme pots anyway, as it's just not efficient.

Just thought I'd point out, if you put your Game messages on filter then you'll get the important messages (cannon decaying, potion wearing off etc) but the junk ones like your shield/pot protects you from the dragons breath.

True. Somehow I don't mind the clicking at TD's though (and do mind the clicking for banking, filling cannon, flicking soul split, and attacking new monsters). Also, is it me, or did soul split flickering get more annoying because of the wall of text it has now.

If you haven't seen it yet then you'll be happy to know that they fixed that problem and the curses work as they used to, though the text covering soul split was really just an annoyance rather than a real worry. I personally can't stand the clicking at TD's and surely wouldn't be able to concentrate that much for 8 hours a day, but frosts seem much easier with no real worry of dying.

Thanks for all the positive feedback so far and the few tips, keep them coming in. I also added a little more eye-candy in the rewards section and i'm currently working on giving more detailed information about luring and suggesting ranging/maging setups while giving more accurate numbers for kills an hour.

I know you already answered this on the other Frost Dragon guide thread, but Im just checking if your opinion changed after more time there.

So it's just not worth going there if you dont have a yak? I have basically every other requirement though, although Id imagine yak would greatly increase profit.

I have chaotic rapier, 99 att/str, extremes, turmoil, and best gear to use. Only missing out on the yak, which is probably the most important.

superway26.png

I know you already answered this on the other Frost Dragon guide thread, but Im just checking if your opinion changed after more time there.

So it's just not worth going there if you dont have a yak? I have basically every other requirement though, although Id imagine yak would greatly increase profit.

I have chaotic rapier, 99 att/str, extremes, turmoil, and best gear to use. Only missing out on the yak, which is probably the most important.

In my opinion, and because this is an efficient slaying guide, it's not worth it, BUT, if you were to leave the cannon down the dungeon(which i'm not sure works) and bank quickly(~3 minutes) you should still be able to rake in more than 150 bones an hour, but it will be even less enjoyable. Can be done, not efficient, worth it if you can't cannon DK's or kill TD's efficiently.

Edit: added a more detailed insight of luring at this spot and added some useful experience rates for training at the spot. I also tested the usefulness of range and mage at the spot and found ranged to be better than expected and magic worse than expected. I'd certainly appreciate some of your numbers for any of the combat classes.

Say I wanted to kill like 5k dragons, how many cballs would I need?

Around 40k with melee, more with range or mage.

ooo thanks very much Full marks 100/100 Well Done! :thumbsup:

Hey I am a Level 102 combat in Runescape with 99 Woodcutting and a few near feel free to pm me anything as I will reply.

yours sincerely George :)

• 3 weeks later...

What does 99 summ have anything to do with it?

You only take a yak.

Edit: Why does it look like a mod posted from the index page on this topic.

I was gonna ask the same thing, lol. Your name is green.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

What does 99 summ have anything to do with it?

You only take a yak.

Edit: Why does it look like a mod posted from the index page on this topic.

I was gonna ask the same thing, lol. Your name is green.

I think it's a little glitchy, and whoever posted with a colored name will stick there (with only the usernames changing). It happened on OT, where someone got an Orange name too.

Edit: My name is green, yay!

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

Quite a nice guide, I get bored here after an hour usually, simply because my yak is too slow :P

Yeah, as far as i can tell this is the biggest problem with frost dragons- It is relatively boring. But realistically, when comparing it to the other ~consistent good moneymakers of TD's and DK's it would look something like this...

Frost dragons- 90% consistent money, average charms, great effigies, no risk of death, a bit boring.

Tormented demons(steel titan)- relatively inconsistent money, good charms, great effigies, average risk of death, very attention intense.

Dagganoth kings(solo tribrid with cannon, on task)- relatively consistent money, no charms, no effigies, relatively high risk of death, very attention intense.

The money is relatively the same for all these three, it's a slight advantage that demons and kings drop elite clues, but as far as i can tell they aren't worth doing for money. As a general ''best'' moneymaking in the game apart from merchanting is to alternate between TD's and frosts, DK's are only worthwhile to do on task(while training slayer).

Would this be worth doing even without 99 sum?

I'll assume that you meant 96 summoning(pack yak) in that post. Yes, it is worth it to kill frost dragons with a war tortoise, but because you'd only make ~70% of the money, it is not efficient, and thus not mentioned in this guide. For frosts without yak, you just leave the cannon at the dungeon and set it up again every trip.

I've been looking forward to updating the guide and language in it for a while but havn't got the time to do it as of yet. I've also been researching the best equipment to use but have yet to come across a reasonable deal for zammy god bow to test it out(the elemental damage is why it has to be zammy). I've also found that the best cape to use there for magic is actually ardy cloak 3 as it offers a great compromise between sw and mage arena cape(+6 magic +6 prayer).