Guide to efficient Frost dragon slaying.

xpx

If I'm using a rune defender, deflect magic, and a regular antifire potion, what attacks will I be hit with? Just melee, still? And if so, then what's the point of even using super antifires?

Sorry, I'm just a little confused, I'm probably just over-thinking (or under-thinking...) lol.

What about range? Should I use my deflector/ACP setup, and same for mage, deflector/Ahrims?

Sumondskull6.png

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frost Dragons breath attack despite being ranged, is like most other "leather" dragons rather than metal.

The only reason you'd use super antifires is if you already have them and just incase your magic prayer runs out for whatever reason (Dc/not paying attention) and for 100% protection during soul-split flicking..

Otherwise antifire + magic prayer is 100% protection without dfire shield.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

(sigh) ive gota be doing something wrong -.- can only get 100-110 kills per hr with range and 125 with melee(in guthans armour with extremes rapier, and turmoiling :/, i bring guthans because i cannot soul split flick, due to lag. the largest factor in my speed is having to pick up bones -.-

I can only get 100 kills per hr with range in full void with broads and extreme ranges, praying mage and berserker

meamzed.png

Even without doing much luring at all, 140+ kills an hour should be achieveable with that range gear and cannon.

Range is honestly the easiest and trumps melee in every way apart from max kills per hr with overloads & summoning potions etc.

Guthans will slow you down a lot, melee is only viable with soul split flicking and all the max gear. Range is just so much easier and is well worth the slightly reduced kill rate.

Also do you find yourself ever waiting for spawns?

And with ranging, you should consider swapping to normal prayers and even using the 10% range prayer which has a low drain rate will help a bit.

Basically cannon should be doing 50% of your total damage if not more for range.

Luring will speed up kills a great deal, just getting most to be double-shot will give you probably 120+ at least an hr.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

The man knows what he is talking about, I don't even know why I'm still here <_<

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

What about range? Should I use my deflector/ACP setup, and same for mage, deflector/Ahrims?

And once I have super antifire pots, do I even need to pray mage when ranging/maging? And for melee, can't I just use protect melee and have 100% protection from the breath?

Sumondskull6.png

And once I have super antifire pots, do I even need to pray mage when ranging/maging? And for melee, can't I just use protect melee and have 100% protection from the breath?

Super antifires are never a must. But as anyone with 85 herblore will tell you, because they don't cost anything(basically free herblore xp), there is no reason not to use them. Void mage is terrible. You pray mage to protect you from magic attacks, not dragonbreath.

Super antifires are never a must. But as anyone with 85 herblore will tell you, because they don't cost anything(basically free herblore xp), there is no reason not to use them. Void mage is terrible. You pray mage to protect you from magic attacks, not dragonbreath.

I never thought of it that way, but the feathers are free and un-trade-able, so it makes sense. Unless you value your time ;p (Which I don't.)

And you ALWAYS need protect from magic, as I understand it now, as it protects from their magic attack AND 50% or their fire-breath attacks? While the antifire / super antifire protect from the other 50%, or full 100%. But the super antifire gives you the ability to take no damage, from their breath attacks, while SS flicking.

Do I get it now? lol

Sumondskull6.png

Yep, you got it now. And well, since you get some nice herblore xp and don't pay anything, it doesn't even have a high cost of time(if any).

Yep, you got it now. And well, since you get some nice herblore xp and don't pay anything, it doesn't even have a high cost of time(if any).

Now, I know this will be nearly impossible to tell, but, do you have any idea how many 4 dose potions I'd need for 95 range and mage to 99? along with collecting probably near or more than 10k bones with melee, and then some left over for 93-99 slayer? Along with probably going back to Frosties every so often for some cash?

Would it be safe to say I need more than 3k? 5k? How many would YOU make, to be safe and never have to make them again?

Sumondskull6.png

From my calculations, by doing mage first and then range(to conserve ranged xp), you should need around 220 (4) super antifires. I wouldn't make more than 1k super antifires as it takes alot of time to use them(max 11-12 doses an hour).

Nice guide, hopefully I'll be able to get 85 dung before everything is done for.

Arrows/bolts: diamond~broad with crossbow, other ammunition depending on the weapon

Weapon: Hand cannon>Rune crossbow(runite bolts)> Magic shortbow(rune arrows)

In the ranged section, ^ , you say diamond/broads then rune c'bow with runite.Might want to make it a bit more clear.

I understood what you wanted to say but I still feel it should be a bit different.

Goodluck with keeping the guide updated.

From my calculations, by doing mage first and then range(to conserve ranged xp), you should need around 220 (4) super antifires. I wouldn't make more than 1k super antifires as it takes alot of time to use them(max 11-12 doses an hour).

So If I make 1k 4 dose pots I should ve set for a LONG time?

Sumondskull6.png

So If I make 1k 4 dose pots I should ve set for a LONG time?

Definitely. I have around 2k and I doubt I'll ever use them all.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

So, xpx, what do you think about the Amulet of Zealot? Worth it instead of Rigour?

Against rigour? definitely not. Against 15% prayer(hawk eye, i think it was)? borderline, but the inconvenience of carrying loads more potions are a major drawback. I wouldn't recommend buying one, that's for sure.

So, xpx, what do you think about the Amulet of Zealot? Worth it instead of Rigour?

Against rigour? definitely not. Against 15% prayer(hawk eye, i think it was)? borderline, but the inconvenience of carrying loads more potions are a major drawback. I wouldn't recommend buying one, that's for sure.

Uhh, I'm not sure if we're on the same page here.

Amulet of zealots - 40k tokens

Available to all players. Requires a Prayer level of 48 and a Dungeoneering level of 48. The amulet of zealots reduces your Prayer bonus, but adds small bonuses to each of your attack stats. While the amulet is worn, the effects of your prayers and curses are increased by 5%. The amulet of zealots will not work on multiple stat-boosting prayers.

I believe that means 15% prayers are now 20% prayers, unless the fury's accuracy boost is that good, should be quite comparable

The loss in ranged attack bonus is not very significant, but still there(either 8 or 13 ranged attack bonus). The loss in prayer bonus(13) is VERY significant, more than likely, because ranged armor has low prayer bonuses, you'll also have a negative or low prayer bonus, meaning you'll waste alot more prayer potions. The fact that it costs 40k tokens is also somewhat of a setback, and as it won't be significantly better(or not better at all) than eagle eye, not worth it in my opinion. Rigour is definitely alot better and worth it for loads of other things.

Well, considering I already have elite void, it shouldn't be that bad... especially if I'm using Hand Cannon and Red Cape. I dunno, the main reason I'm thinking it's worse than Rigour is the fact you can die and lose the thing.

You got +20 prayer and +15 ranged attack from your amulet with elite void + sw cape and ranging ammy. Assuming rigour drains as much as turmoil (as the wiki claims), and you are using protect mage, your drain rate becomes 1/2 points/second. That is 1/2 + 1/3 points/second reduced by a factor 30/50.

With AoZ, +12 prayer and whatever ranged attack AoZ has. Eagle eye + protect would be 10/21 drain rate. 1/3 + 1/3 reduced by 30/42.

Assuming the formula is 30/(30+pray bonus)

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Well, considering I already have elite void, it shouldn't be that bad... especially if I'm using Hand Cannon and Red Cape. I dunno, the main reason I'm thinking it's worse than Rigour is the fact you can die and lose the thing.

How can it be better than rigour? Rigour will always have 13 ranged attack and 8 prayer points over it, so it will ALWAYS be better. Eagle eye, by my accounts, is about as good.

Thanks for the great guide, I made a couple mil so far :D

I only have 92 prayer, should I use leeches? If yes, all 3 att/str/def?

If you can click fast enough to kite the dragons, piety is much better than the leeches. Otherwise, i'd suggest ranging before you get turmoil.

Thanks for the great guide, I made a couple mil so far :D

I only have 92 prayer, should I use leeches? If yes, all 3 att/str/def?

If you can click fast enough to kite the dragons, piety is much better than the leeches. Otherwise, i'd suggest ranging before you get turmoil.

kite?

I would rather not range because I got a rapier specifically for frost dragons, and I would rather be getting melee xp since I already have 99 range.

yondercopy.png

FD_Yondergod.png