Guide to efficient Frost dragon slaying.

xpx

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More and more people are getting 85 dungeon so it'll be harder to get a world/spot.

Which in turn means that this is not as good money making method as it was when this guide was released, still very good though. Just that people who don't cannon will steal some dragons from you when you are cannoning.

I liked personally using elite void with deflector and barrows gloves when meleeing them with cannon, didn't really get much more hit by their meleeattack. I'd recommend it in case you have them already :) Just because it'll give you longer trips with more offensive potential.

Prayer bonuses: Elite void: +8, bandos chest and tassets and neitiznot helm: +5 (+8 if using verac's skirt instead)

• 4 weeks later...

So I did a second trip with Range, and I think I nailed it this time. Eagle Eye was used.

I did my own version of a setup, which is here

[spoiler=Inv + Gear (29 PPots + Tele in Yak)]110127223630.png

I kept things simple yet easy to follow by just redrinking my ExRange everytime I redrank my Super Antifire. Bringing an extra ExRange or two may boost overall kills by 2 - 4 more/hr, but it's so much easier to just dose both at once and not need to focus too badly. Summoning potions are still very vital when ranging, With this setup, the summoning potions lasted me for the entire first yak, and a few minutes of the second. From that point on I put bones in my yak as I withdrew prayer potions

[spoiler=60 minutes in]

110127234624.png

[spoiler=100 minutes in]

110128002737.png

That is after 100 minutes, give or take some seconds. I had supplies to last an additional 10 minutes without cutting anything efficiency wise. It took me 4 minutes to load my yak and get to frosts, and I allowed 2 minutes to spare when I tabbed out. Since Yaks last 58 minutes each, this means you can stay about 110 minutes if you can load up fast.

[spoiler=Final Trip Loot]

110128004314.png

Various details about supplies used, attention paid to, etc., are stated in the chatbox in the above pic. Average kills per hour was ~194.2

TO SUMMARIZE;

Assuming Void deflector + ACP and CCBow with Archer (i), I could assume a rough 200 frosts/hr. Using Overloads, which I honestly don't recommend, or bringing 2 - 3 extra ExRange's could bump it to 203 an hour, with full attention, Rigour, and maxed everything, level and gear wise.

For my next trip I would probably omit 1 - 2 Prayer Potions in favor of Summoning Potions to bank a few extra items to just slightly increase profit/trip.

As i'm preparing to return with free trade I really appreciate getting extra information. Really nice to see that the guide is still helpful to some, almost half a year in.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

• 2 weeks later...

very nice guide, been looking for a good magic slaying guide, but i'm wondering if it would be worth maging these without using overloads?

The problem with no overloads is that you'll be giving up alot of damage and inventory space, and as magic is already much worse than the other classes, it's not worth it in my mind. I'd rather suggest ranging/meleeing and then bursting/barraging atoll skeles for mage xp.

• 1 month later...

What do you think someone my level could expect from frosts?

50 kills an hour, 100, 150?

At 18k ea 100 kills an hour would still mean 1.8m an hour before expenses

I can make super antifires - and even extreme attacks at the time of writing this, and would likely be able to use a rapier would 1.5m gphr profit be a realistic expectation? or should I be expecting higher or lower?

My intention is to use frosts to fund 95 prayer and 91 (or 96) herblore as well as fund bursting lobs for summoning

I think up to around 1.8-2.2m an hour it realistically possible if you can push your herblore up to extreme strengths, but you'll need to use effective cannoning techniques quite often.

• 3 weeks later...

what is your average gold per hour at frosties?

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

what is your average gold per hour at frosties?

with what method? at best, i'd say over 4m

• 3 weeks later...

How much do I need to change the setup if I don't have turmoil or soul split. I'd just be using piety, which would not allow me to use the soul split flicking for healing. Would I need to significantly change the inventory to bring lot more food to compensate?

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

How much do I need to change the setup if I don't have turmoil or soul split. I'd just be using piety, which would not allow me to use the soul split flicking for healing. Would I need to significantly change the inventory to bring lot more food to compensate?

If you have yak, you have to change the inv to allow for much shorter trips(likely one hour) and bring lots of food. Defense bonuses will more pronounced so try using full barrows(veracs skirt and helm). If you can, kite melee attacks as much as you can(similar to kiting 360s in fight caves). Overall, i'd suggest sticking to range in such a situation as it's just so much easier.

If you have yak, you have to change the inv to allow for much shorter trips(likely one hour) and bring lots of food. Defense bonuses will more pronounced so try using full barrows(veracs skirt and helm). If you can, kite melee attacks as much as you can(similar to kiting 360s in fight caves). Overall, i'd suggest sticking to range in such a situation as it's just so much easier.

What do you mean by "kite" as a verb?

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

What do you mean by "kite" as a verb?

Attack as the dragon is maging, then step out of melee range before the dragon is able to use its melee attack. Attack again as it mages/fire breath and step away again before it's able to melee.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious, what would someone with my stats make there? I'm getting 80 attack and 85 Dungeoneering but I don't have any Summoning levels. A friend of mine says he makes ~800k/h without a familiar here (not much, I know, but it's still quite a bit better than almost everything else with my skills).

Fittyfive.png

Just curious, what would someone with my stats make there? I'm getting 80 attack and 85 Dungeoneering but I don't have any Summoning levels. A friend of mine says he makes ~800k/h without a familiar here (not much, I know, but it's still quite a bit better than almost everything else with my skills).

Given that summoning is extremely easy to get to 68, i would suggest doing that before going. It will affect your profits significantly. Other than that, with low levels, ranging is suggested, and i would suggest a range setup with 80+ ranged.

I could last 4 antifire (4) before I got soulsplit although I did have yak. I brough 2 sharks every 3-5 p pots and wore dh body with verac skirt.

Blue_Sock.png

Given that summoning is extremely easy to get to 68, i would suggest doing that before going. It will affect your profits significantly. Other than that, with low levels, ranging is suggested, and i would suggest a range setup with 80+ ranged.

Awesome, thanks a lot. :)

Fittyfive.png

Thanks a lot for the great guide!

I dont have the pray/herb/summon levels, but your tips really helped. I'm restricted to piety, tort and supers for now. Even being full of bots, I'd still make 1-2mil/hr there. I got a visage 2 hours after getting 85 dung, ~100th frostie kill, and frost bones seems to be going back up!

• 4 months later...

Hey, I am going to try and do frosts after every update, and I was wondering if it will actually be worth it for me? My stats are in my signature, and I have rapier and ccb. Any thoughts if it will be worth it for me (anything above 700k gp/hr)? If so, how should I kill them: range or melee?

P.s. First post on forums ever! :D

skldgryplsnt.png

Proud Owner of the Quest Cape

I'd say melee, you don't really need ranged xp. With a yak you wouldn't be able to survive very well without soul split but since you use a war tortoise anyway you can just take a few pieces of food every time you bank,

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted