Old School Hardcore Player Returns, Point me in the right direction

Briez

Hey guys... I was an old LOOONG time RS player. I played well before F2P, remember paying 4mil for Bluerose to make a R2H, etc. I played competitively well until "RS2". When this was released, I felt the game lacked ALOT. It's initial appeal to me was that it was old school, good fun, and still catered to hardcore players. This was also of course when WoW came out, so I joined up when some EQ friends, started WoW, etc. NOW, I've played off and on a bit, simply leveling stats etc. but never really got back in to the game. Well, now I've logged in recently to discover my account was hacked. Nonetheless, I've managed to work up and earn full rune, 200k gold etc... nothing major, but its enough to keep me alive while I kill stuff. I am combat level 118. Of course combat, magic, ranged, and prayer is up. But Slayer is only 60, Hunting is 1, Carpentry 1, etc. etc. I will of course level these with time, but as of now I'm focusing on gearing as efficiently as possible. I'm not asking for a item by item best in slot, but more or less a link to such a chart, as well as what steps I should start taking to get there most efficiently. I don't want to end up going through 3 sets of gear over a month and wasting precious time and gold. Thanks in advance!

Yeah in you situation you are basically new to the game again. Don;t worry about whats best for now, just explore have some fun and learn the ropes again.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Do a ton of quests to get to know the new areas etc. Tip.it has some very good guides, should you need it.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

There is no Carpentry skill.

Old school ftw

Hardly old school to call a skill by the wrong name.

Yes in RSC pre-Agility there was carpentry on the skill menu, but it was untrainable and was removed with agility's arrival.

But random untrainable skill name bears no link to the new construction skill

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Ok, sorry, from the time that POHs were first discussed in 2002, it was known as the Carpentry skill. I called it that by accident, my bad.

Anyhow, I'm taking the advice on starting out Dungeoneering to get a feel for the combat system, then will continue on to some of the new quests.

Ok, sorry, from the time that POHs were first discussed in 2002, it was known as the Carpentry skill. I called it that by accident, my bad.

Anyhow, I'm taking the advice on starting out Dungeoneering to get a feel for the combat system, then will continue on to some of the new quests.

just note that dungeoneering is VERY slow at early levels.

you might be better off doing tears of guthix (it's a weekly minigame that's unlocked from a quest called tears of guthix)

That will boost your level up without actually training dungeoneering, and let you get past the excruciatingly slow early levels

I would definitely recommend catching up on quests. That's always the first thing I do after I go on a runescape hiatus.

Naaxi.png