Slayer Questions

yuyu13

Right, which of the following would be the best to block and why, considering I have 99 Summoning, maxed melees, 92 Herblore, 85 Prayer, and am currently working on getting a chaotic rapier?

Black Demons

Fire Giants

Kalphites

Living Rock Creatures

Skeletal Wyverns

Waterfiends

Also, what is a good setup for Dark Beasts. I'll be getting 90 Slayer in the near future and would like to know the best way to tackle these.

Finally, is there any good place to cannon Hell Hounds (resource dungeon?) and if so how does the xp rate compare to killing in Kuradal's cavern.

Thanks,

~yuusuke

I'd block Kalphites for definite. Since you don't need the charms I'd consider blocking Black Demons and Fiends as well, neither are particularly great for money and Fiends are fairly slow (at least that's what I've found in the past) unless you do them in the CTs.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Wyverns are awful, and waterfiends are pointless at 99 summoning. If you don't cannon, kalphites are bad too. The rest that you listed are excellent slayer exp and I wouldn't block them even if I had nothing else to block.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I don't particularly need to do Waterfiends, seeing as I'm already 99 Summoning. Same deal for Black Demons; the only positive note I've heard about them is they have a decent crimson drop rate. I'm leaning towards keeping Skeletal Wyverns or Fire Giants unblocked and blocking the others at the moment.

Well, one major positive point of black demons is that they're one of the fastest slayer exp tasks you can get. If that counts for anything. Same deal with living rock guardians.

Meanwhile, wyverns are a slow, miserable task. I'm not sure why anybody would willingly go there.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Well, one major positive point of black demons is that they're one of the fastest slayer exp tasks you can get. If that counts for anything. Same deal with living rock guardians.

Meanwhile, wyverns are a slow, miserable task. I'm not sure why anybody would willingly go there.

Would that be cannoning them in the Wilderness portion of the Edgeville Dungeon?

I used to cannon mine in Taverley dungeon, but that would probably work too. You can also take a combat familiar to the resource dungeon in the chaos tunnels, which is slower but cheaper.

Yeah, dark beasts are a great AFK task. You CAN use SS, but they require very little attention if you just turm and protect melee and sit back.

Wow you named my blocklist except for Fire Giants.

Black Demons are rather boring, and used to be very crowded. They're like Abyssal Demons that hit harder and don't drop Abyssal Whips.

Kalphites are crowded, kinda slow, no good drops... KQ solo is still difficult even with full amenities.

Living Rock Creatures are a very slow task, even if they are good XP. They have no particularly good drops except their own corpses.

Skeletal Wyverns hit hard, have decent Defense, and their typical drops are poor. All-in-all, they are a miserable task.

Waterfiends are... Slow. Even with CM, EXT, TURM, everything... I would only do them if I bothered to do the triple charms event, but I don't, so I blocked them. Then again, you can go to Chaos Tunnels, so maybe they're quicker for you.

2dgucz6.png