Computer Shutting off

Dizzle229

Gotta type this quick so before it goes again

This has happened twice now, I was browsing and my computer just abruptly died. I restarted, and after a few mins it died again. I have to assume it will happen again. HALP! I've checked all cables and everything, it all appears to be fine.

Any help appreciated.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Out of that, I think the computer is most likely overheating.

Is it a desktop or a laptop?

The best way to clear this is if it's a desktop, open it and remove the dust with a can of air, as using your vacuum is potentially pretty dangerous for your computer.

If it is a laptop, it would be better to bring it to a computer repair shop, but until then, you can spray some air in the vents with a can of air.

The same thing keeps happening to me, about 10 minutes into playing rs the pc reboots itself. Yes my pc is quite old (5 years) but it is regularly maintained and has had the dust removed etc. Have wondered if there is a bug in the rs program. It only ever seems to do it twice on each switch on.

As others have advised it is most proabably from dust build-up. Before I got my current computer, my previous one (of around 5 years age) would at the end of its life regularly fail duing startup, or after ~30 minutes of use. Due to the fact that I didn't know how to open the old case it wasn't cleaned, and once it was torn apart there was 3 cm of dust fully encasing the motherboard, and several other parts.

Try opening your case and looking inside the tower (if applicable), use a small paintbrush to remove resistant dust (after applying the previous posts' suggestions). However if you have a laptop (or mac) the only method of fixing the problem (assuming that it is a dust overload) would be to clean your vents and take it to someone with expertise in the cleaning of these products.

Good Luck :^_^:

1yrb49.jpg

Thanks guys, I blew out the vents and now it appears to be ok.

Then I read the label on the can that says it contains a bitterant to discourage inhaling. Now my fingers taste weird. FML.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.