Can I play Xbox games copied to my flash drive on my xbox 360?

tedbundty

Meaning can I copy games to my flash drive on my computer and then plug it into the xbox 360 and play the games (i.e. use flash drive instead of cd)?

If you can link me to an article about this that would be great.

................................[Currently Have - 1300M].................................

............tedsignature.jpg............

My Beginner's Merchanting Guide - My Youtube Channel - My Twitter

My guess is no, because that means that the gaming companies would lose revenue.

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

The only reason you'd be doing this is to pirate. Even then, the hardware isn't able to emulate discs off of a flash drive. It just isn't fast enough, which is why it only works with the hard drive, because it's actually got a strong enough connection.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

The only reason you'd be doing this is to pirate.

That's not true at all. It's more convenient to carry around a small flash drive than a bunch of discs, flash drives don't break or get scratched like cds and if the files get corrupted somehow do you can always recopy the files onto it.

The main reason I want to do it is because my Battlefront 2 cd broke so I want to download it online (which is completely legal since I bought the game) and play it through my flash drive.

................................[Currently Have - 1300M].................................

............tedsignature.jpg............

My Beginner's Merchanting Guide - My Youtube Channel - My Twitter

The only reason you'd be doing this is to pirate.

That's not true at all. It's more convenient to carry around a small flash drive than a bunch of discs, flash drives don't break or get scratched like cds and if the files get corrupted somehow do you can always recopy the files onto it.

The main reason I want to do it is because my Battlefront 2 cd broke so I want to download it online (which is completely legal since I bought the game) and play it through my flash drive.

Even then, the 360 won't let you do that.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

People, I suggest you all keep legal issues aside and just help him answer the question (I say this because I was tempted to bring up legal issues, but then I realized it wouldn't contribute to the topic in any way).

Just a friendly reminder.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

You can install games to flash drives and use them, but that'd be the only way.

And you'd still need the disc.

That wouldn't work either. There's some very specific encoding that is done with the xbox discs, and without that encoding, the discs will not work.