Question on deleting music from iTunes + PC

Skully

I'm sorry, but what is this I don't even...

Which of the following are you attempting to accomplish:

Remove Both iTunes Library + the .mp3's on the hard drive

Remove Library, Keep .mp3's

Keep Library, remove .mp3's (can't see why this one, but i'll offer it anyway)

Keep both (see parentheses above)

After further examination it seems that you are trying to remove the .mp3's associated to the songs in the library as they can't locate the file (usually cause you moved the .mp3) if this is the case you've got to reloacte the .mp3 files and open them up again with iTunes

1yrb49.jpg

AFAIK, you have to two-step it (delete it from the library and then delete it from your drive).

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I'm sorry, but what is this I don't even...

Which of the following are you attempting to accomplish:

Remove Both iTunes Library + the .mp3's on the hard drive

Remove Library, Keep .mp3's

Keep Library, remove .mp3's (can't see why this one, but i'll offer it anyway)

Keep both (see parentheses above)

After further examination it seems that you are trying to remove the .mp3's associated to the songs in the library as they can't locate the file (usually cause you moved the .mp3) if this is the case you've got to reloacte the .mp3 files and open them up again with iTunes

Wtf lol? I just wanna delete some [cabbage] from my PC without having to remove it from both my library and my music folder seperately.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Delete them from your music folder, then highlight all the songs in your iTunes and delete them all, both require a simple highlight all and delete.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Then do as Vulxai suggested but only with the songs you want to delete. If I remember correctly, when you delete a song from iTunes it asks you if you would also like to delete the file. Select "Yes" when given that option.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Then do as Vulxai suggested but only with the songs you want to delete. If I remember correctly, when you delete a song from iTunes it asks you if you would also like to delete the file. Select "Yes" when given that option.

I thought that too, but I must've disabled the pop-up or something because it doesn't come up, know how I can get it back?

I just tried deleting a song and got two popups:

First asking me if I'm sure I want to delete it. This one had the option to be disabled.

The second popup asks: "Do you want to move the selected song to the Trash, or keep it in the iTunes Media folder?" This one did not have an option to be disabled.

For the second you select to move it to the trash.

If you don't get either of those popups go to Preferences > Advanced > Reset all dialogue warnings. Then try again and see if you get the popups.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

Tried it, i'm still not getting it. Is there maybe a hotkey I can press to open the location of the song I am selecting in iTunes?

I don't have my PC with me so I can't check to see if it's the same on PC as it is Mac, but on Mac it's Shift+Apple+R so I'd imagine that on PC it would be Shift+Control+R. However pre-iTunes 10 it was just Apple+R / Control+R so it depends which version you have.

Posted Image

It worked, thanks. Another idea, you know how after you delete songs from your PC itunes comes up with a little exclamation mark error sign next to those songs it cannot find to play, is there a way to make iTunes display only those songs?

If the file isn't located in the iTunes folder, iTunes wont prompt you to delete the file.

Best option would be to delete all the files you want gone from your drive, and then skip through all your music. The songs that aren't on the drive will get an ! beside them. All you have to do then is delete them.