Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

01-Dec-2010 - Do No Evil

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

Pirkka
[ Display Name History ]

Pirkka

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,165 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
5 mins 40 seconds with unlimited running from Oo'glog when flying with hot air balloon from crafting guild. Then slayer ring tele back to Polnivneach, fly from south to colony and repeat. Going to get the better guards now.
Posted Image
40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

Posted Image

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

BloodAngel
[ Display Name History ]

BloodAngel

Retired Website Crew

• Website Crew
  • 3,645 posts
  • RSN:Severa

Don't suppose anyones got some ballpark figures for Xp/hr, gp/hr for thieving the new monkeys?

RS Wiki reckons at higher thieving levels you can get around 300k xp/hr, though it's still early days so that figure might change a bit.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts
  • RSN:Blyaunte

OK, I finished the quest a few hours ago and I started thinking about the new magic carpet destination. Is it of any use at all? The only attraction in the area that I can think of is the pyramid to change to ancients, and the Bedabin camp seems to be just about the same running distance.

Can anybody think of a useful purpose for it?

nope, i'd rather just use a bandit teleport scroll. Carpets take too long anyways.

I use my Camulet (Cramulet) to telly to Enakhra's temple and then run to the Ancient Pyramid from there to switch

nyuseg.png

Pirkka
[ Display Name History ]

Pirkka

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,165 posts
I hope the people who got all statues and better guards will be somehow rewarded later on.
Posted Image
40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

Posted Image

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

LambShankz
[ Display Name History ]

LambShankz

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • RSN:Mirko Vosk
It will probably be like how getting 100% in the mummy quest was optional and then it became a requirement for this one.

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Danqazmlp
Is there nothing after 25?
Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image
Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Demoli
[ Display Name History ]

Demoli

TET Hampster

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • RSN:Demoliboy2

Update FAQ said no.

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@

Don't suppose anyones got some ballpark figures for Xp/hr, gp/hr for thieving the new monkeys?

RS Wiki reckons at higher thieving levels you can get around 300k xp/hr, though it's still early days so that figure might change a bit.

Doing a bit of math, yes, you can now top 300kxp/hr.

Blackjacking Menaphite Thugs caps at about 280k xp/hr. These new monkeys are about 8% faster. 280x1.08= a little over 300.

Making it something like 25% faster than PP as well, I believe.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't think you could get randoms on Ape Atoll. I might be wrong, but I don't recall ever getting one and I've never seen monkeys in places like ScapeRune Jail or Maze. Anyway, that's another plus, if it's true.

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • RSN:Sir Squab

5 mins 40 seconds with unlimited running from Oo'glog when flying with hot air balloon from crafting guild. Then slayer ring tele back to Polnivneach, fly from south to colony and repeat. Going to get the better guards now.

I never ran out of energy while doing it. Don't need the pool with high enough agility and the right path. Also, I used Polinveach tabs and Etrana. Although, once nice thing about crafting guild is you can use water staffs...

To above: Nope, no randoms on ape atoll. That'd get too messy with running around as a monkey.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Try
[ Display Name History ]

Try

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 96 posts

Blackjacking Menaphite Thugs caps at about 280k xp/hr. These new monkeys are about 8% faster. 280x1.08= a little over 300.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't think you could get randoms on Ape Atoll. I might be wrong, but I don't recall ever getting one and I've never seen monkeys in places like ScapeRune Jail or Maze. Anyway, that's another plus, if it's true.

I tried it and with 99 thieving it seems you never fail to knock out the monkeys. So the only way to get stunned is to misclick "pickpocket" instead of "punch". Lobsters are common loot from them, so even at lower levels you probably wouldn't have to bring any food.

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • RSN:Sir Squab

I tried it and with 99 thieving it seems you never fail to knock out the monkeys. So the only way to get stunned is to misclick "pickpocket" instead of "punch". Lobsters are common loot from them, so even at lower levels you probably wouldn't have to bring any food.

I'm level 73 theiving, never got a lobster from them during the quest and they hit me a lot -.- I wouldn't consider 73 a particularly low level either. It sounds great for say.....80/85+ because I'm guessing you wouldn't get smacked too much at those levels. I didn't keep track of how many times they hit me, but I had to go fetch and eat bananas to get all of the knives. They had to of done a minimum of 1300LP on me when I was getting the knives. Maybe I'm just unlucky...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Bier
[ Display Name History ]

Bier

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bier
You can only get lobsters after the quest. At 87 thieving they gave more lp in lobsters than they hit me, even with some missclicks.
Posted Image

Den
[ Display Name History ]

Den

Movie Director

• Members
  • 8,257 posts
  • RSN:Rainy
Thought I'd do some thread necromancy and bump this with a little trailer Jagex made for the quest:
http://www.runescape..._video_popup.ws

Krampell
[ Display Name History ]

Krampell

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,306 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Krampell
  • RSN2:Echo Toast
If only players could make such movies :P
Weird angles and film cutscenes like that :P

Proud owner of the following skillcapes: Defence, Hitpoints, Strength, Attack, Magic, Summoning, Ranged, Slayer, Prayer and Herblore.
I drift in and out, trying some update that interests me.

amitoz
[ Display Name History ]

amitoz

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,390 posts
  • RSN:Amitoz
  • RSN2:Energytheory

Really? I think Zarfot's RSOF guide said the max was around 410k.

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

timmmmm83
[ Display Name History ]

timmmmm83

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 552 posts
Nice quest, enjoyed it from start -> end.

Someone got a pic of the finished colony? Seems a lot of work to finish... :unsure:

amitoz
[ Display Name History ]

amitoz

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,390 posts
  • RSN:Amitoz
  • RSN2:Energytheory

No.

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users