01-Dec-2010 - Do No Evil

Tim

OK, I finished the quest a few hours ago and I started thinking about the new magic carpet destination. Is it of any use at all? The only attraction in the area that I can think of is the pyramid to change to ancients, and the Bedabin camp seems to be just about the same running distance.

Can anybody think of a useful purpose for it?

It's useful if you haven't completed A Love Story and don't have chipped Pollnivach tablets and it's a closer location to the Desert Mining Camp. But with the release of the living rock caverns, the lack of a deposit box in any area close to this makes this a very poor perk. Can't really think of anything else useful for this carpet route.

hzvjpwS.gif

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I've done 25 deliveries now and now the king stops expanding the colony. Now he only gives blood/death/bananas.

At 20 deliveries, he gives you nothing.

At 25 he changes the normal guard monkeys with his elite knife figthing monkeys. These cannot be pickpocketed though.

Here's a overview picture of the camp.

[hide]101202154252j.png[/hide]

What a stupid reward, you loose one of the options to get fast thieving xp... :angry:

No, I think the knife monkeys on ape atoll still stays there.

But I havn't check'd yet.

I'm interested as to what route you are using?

Since several have been suggested now (eagles, shanty/sarim jail > hot air baloons etc.)

I used the carpet to shantay pass, run due north to lumberyard balloon, to gnome stronghold, to Daero to ape. Then to jail on ape and to the king route. Has anyone else tried that route to see if it is faster?

Ok I've done 25 deliveries now and now the king stops expanding the colony. Now he only gives blood/death/bananas.

At 25 he changes the normal guard monkeys with his elite knife figthing monkeys. These cannot be pickpocketed though.

What a stupid reward, you loose one of the options to get fast thieving xp... :angry:

Since several have been suggested now (eagles, shanty/sarim jail > hot air baloons etc.)

I used the carpet to shantay pass, run due north to lumberyard balloon, to gnome stronghold, to Daero to ape. Then to jail on ape and to the king route. Has anyone else tried that route to see if it is faster?

The running route from shanty all the way up to sawmill is much longer then being thrown into jail and arrive at port sarim and take the Entrana/Crafting guild baloon.

But that route is still better then many of the other people take.

Yeah.

But saving energy is a better option, right? Also, I think saving clicking is very important.

I can't confirm which one is faster:

carpet>eagle transport>eagle's peak>stronghold

OR

carpet>port sarim jail >entrana>stronghold

Can anyone tell me?

Keep on!!

Everything will be fine =]

Started in 20/8/10

Go membership 28/8/10

1500 total 16/10/10

1600 total 31/10/10

1700 total 26/11/10

kagamin_hi.png

BUT now don't play over the real-time work!

I just tried the Ape colony - Shantay - Port Sarim Jail - Crafting Guild balloon -way, and man, was it way faster than using eagles! Went through 5 tasks faster than I probably did 2 routes before. I'm sure I'll be doing my 25 trips like this.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Gah. Started attempting to run Chimp Ice, got all the way to Ape Atoll, made a mad scuffle to the long grass to ice it again and not a second after I dropped it, it melted on me.

*ragequit*

Next time I'll use the Crafting Guild instead of the Varrock Balloon, the way I used for the quest.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I'm going to take time on how long it takes with the crafting guild balloon when I get out from work. I got more death runes than I spent on the ice spell, so if the king gives 30 death runes it's like under 15 casts. Naturally the tenth choc took a bit more deaths.

Pirkka.png

signatureteksti.png

No bonuses

[hide]

[/hide]

Yeah.

But saving energy is a better option, right? Also, I think saving clicking is very important.

I can't confirm which one is faster:

carpet>eagle transport>eagle's peak>stronghold

OR

carpet>port sarim jail >entrana>stronghold

Can anyone tell me?

The baloon route is much faster.

On the eagle's peak route, you run very far, which means you will run out of energy, which also mean you will have to rest/walk.

I tried both routes and eagle's was both slower and used more ice spells.

I found the best route to simply use the carpets out of the desert and to run overland from Shantay to Port Sarim, take a boat to Port Khazard, and then run north through Ardy to the Gnome Stronghold, and then speak to Daero and take the Glider to the Ape Atoll.

Same route I took and worked the first try....

Quest was fun and easy, only real hard part was the banana placement and the second boss was a tank! I tryed to melee him but that was a complete fail, I then range him that worked pretty well even without a safe spot.

Thank god I could use my yak on the third boss..

Overall the quest was fun and some parts made me laugh!

queenvalerie.png

5 mins 40 seconds with unlimited running from Oo'glog when flying with hot air balloon from crafting guild. Then slayer ring tele back to Polnivneach, fly from south to colony and repeat. Going to get the better guards now.

Pirkka.png

signatureteksti.png

No bonuses

Don't suppose anyones got some ballpark figures for Xp/hr, gp/hr for thieving the new monkeys?

RS Wiki reckons at higher thieving levels you can get around 300k xp/hr, though it's still early days so that figure might change a bit.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

OK, I finished the quest a few hours ago and I started thinking about the new magic carpet destination. Is it of any use at all? The only attraction in the area that I can think of is the pyramid to change to ancients, and the Bedabin camp seems to be just about the same running distance.

Can anybody think of a useful purpose for it?

nope, i'd rather just use a bandit teleport scroll. Carpets take too long anyways.

I use my Camulet (Cramulet) to telly to Enakhra's temple and then run to the Ancient Pyramid from there to switch

nyuseg.png

I hope the people who got all statues and better guards will be somehow rewarded later on.

Pirkka.png

signatureteksti.png

No bonuses

Don't suppose anyones got some ballpark figures for Xp/hr, gp/hr for thieving the new monkeys?

RS Wiki reckons at higher thieving levels you can get around 300k xp/hr, though it's still early days so that figure might change a bit.

Doing a bit of math, yes, you can now top 300kxp/hr.

Blackjacking Menaphite Thugs caps at about 280k xp/hr. These new monkeys are about 8% faster. 280x1.08= a little over 300.

Making it something like 25% faster than PP as well, I believe.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't think you could get randoms on Ape Atoll. I might be wrong, but I don't recall ever getting one and I've never seen monkeys in places like ScapeRune Jail or Maze. Anyway, that's another plus, if it's true.

5 mins 40 seconds with unlimited running from Oo'glog when flying with hot air balloon from crafting guild. Then slayer ring tele back to Polnivneach, fly from south to colony and repeat. Going to get the better guards now.

I never ran out of energy while doing it. Don't need the pool with high enough agility and the right path. Also, I used Polinveach tabs and Etrana. Although, once nice thing about crafting guild is you can use water staffs...

To above: Nope, no randoms on ape atoll. That'd get too messy with running around as a monkey.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Blackjacking Menaphite Thugs caps at about 280k xp/hr. These new monkeys are about 8% faster. 280x1.08= a little over 300.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't think you could get randoms on Ape Atoll. I might be wrong, but I don't recall ever getting one and I've never seen monkeys in places like ScapeRune Jail or Maze. Anyway, that's another plus, if it's true.

I tried it and with 99 thieving it seems you never fail to knock out the monkeys. So the only way to get stunned is to misclick "pickpocket" instead of "punch". Lobsters are common loot from them, so even at lower levels you probably wouldn't have to bring any food.

I tried it and with 99 thieving it seems you never fail to knock out the monkeys. So the only way to get stunned is to misclick "pickpocket" instead of "punch". Lobsters are common loot from them, so even at lower levels you probably wouldn't have to bring any food.

I'm level 73 theiving, never got a lobster from them during the quest and they hit me a lot -.- I wouldn't consider 73 a particularly low level either. It sounds great for say.....80/85+ because I'm guessing you wouldn't get smacked too much at those levels. I didn't keep track of how many times they hit me, but I had to go fetch and eat bananas to get all of the knives. They had to of done a minimum of 1300LP on me when I was getting the knives. Maybe I'm just unlucky...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Thought I'd do some thread necromancy and bump this with a little trailer Jagex made for the quest:

http://www.runescape.com/title_video_popup.ws

Really? I think Zarfot's RSOF guide said the max was around 410k.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.