01-Dec-2010 - Do No Evil

Tim

Ok I've done 25 deliveries now and now the king stops expanding the colony. Now he only gives blood/death/bananas.

At 20 deliveries, he gives you nothing.

At 25 he changes the normal guard monkeys with his elite knife figthing monkeys. These cannot be pickpocketed though.

Here's a overview picture of the camp.

[hide]101202154252j.png[/hide]

What a stupid reward, you loose one of the options to get fast thieving xp... :angry:

No, I think the knife monkeys on ape atoll still stays there.

But I havn't check'd yet.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I've done 25 deliveries now and now the king stops expanding the colony. Now he only gives blood/death/bananas.

At 25 he changes the normal guard monkeys with his elite knife figthing monkeys. These cannot be pickpocketed though.

What a stupid reward, you loose one of the options to get fast thieving xp... :angry:

I'm interested as to what route you are using?

Since several have been suggested now (eagles, shanty/sarim jail > hot air baloons etc.)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Since several have been suggested now (eagles, shanty/sarim jail > hot air baloons etc.)

I assume he uses the balloon route, since he had magic logs in his inv in an earlier picture.

I havent seen anyone really talk about it, so i thought I would share this.

10-12-01235042.png

Not only did accumulator get a quick-buy update but the upgraded version (the alerter) also got a +1 range attack and +1 magic def boost over the accumulator. It's not a big boost, but every extra bonus point is nice.

Damnit! And I have 27 accumulators from preparing for Nomad!

i personally liked using the hot air balloon for chimp ice deliveries

since it took me straight to gnome stronghold.

When I did it for the quest I walked the WHOLE way, across desert/alkaharid/lumby/varrock/fally/taverly/wwm/catherby/camelot/fish guild/gnome stronghold.

Wasn't until after the quest that I found out you can run to nardah carpet-->shanty, get thrown to port sarim jail-->craft guild baloon to gnome stronghold.

I cried a little bit.

Ooo. Does that work better then Eagles?

Hopefully now this means we can talk to dead monkeys, cat ghosts, and camel-monkey-cat radioactive mutants.

Correction. cat-monkey-camel mutants that have died and are now ghosts.

Time to go hit the fat guy on the head...68 theiving atm :/

Btw is using spellbook swap practical for w/e needs ancients?

No.

Man this quest is the most annoying quest to come out in recent memory. They forgot all they've learned about not requiring a metric ton of random items, not requiring a ton of running around without providing teleports, AND they made us run across the entire map for no real narrative reason.

This is horrible.

I used spellswap the entire time. Between my bank, Shantay pass and the GE I had no trouble with items. Although I admit, without the GE and without the bananas in my bank, this would've been more annoying. Also, you just need imagination and a few extra quests/skills to not run around the map. And people have mentioned a bunch of different ways to get to Ape Atoll.

Note: if using spellswap, turn on ancients right after you freeze it. Spellswap lasts longer then a frozen choc-ice. Irony is, I did the choc-ice with spellswap then switched to ancients for the 2nd boss.... Ah well, I plan to finish off the monkey camp anyways.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I tried a series of different routes.

First I went shanty > port sarim jail > brimhaven > ardougne then ran to gnome stronghold.

After I tried the Shanty > Uzer > Eagles > south of fishing colony > gnome stronghold.

Then for last 10 I used Shanty > port sarim jail > entrana > gnome stronghold with baloon.

First was slowest, then 2nd and 3rd was clearly faster.

Anyway. I hope a quest requires to do this so I can sit back and realax :D

Ah so you havent tried the:

Shanty>portsarim>craft guild > gnome stronghold

I would assume it must be faster than entrana as the run to boat/guild is about equal distance. Meaning the craft guild route cuts out the boat time and the extra run from boat to balloon

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I thought you only could chose your destination on entrana.

Like the gnome gliders. If you took the gnome glider from white wolfs mountain you could only go to gnome stronghold, and not like al kharid.

Edit: why look at that...

Eh, what's done is done.

Nope balloons go anywhere you pick as long as u have the right log.

Its why people do manual plank making with them, take a willow log to the balloon just outside cwars to fly to varrock.

You only have to unlock them from entrana; after that as long as both are unlocked you can go direct.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I looked at the map looked on the different routes.

The running distance on the Entrana route is little bit shorter.

But that route slows you down a little too when talking to the monk and waiting to be able to get off the ship.

But on a plus side, during that time and when in conversation, the ice doesn't melt.

Anyway, I say it's not a very big differance on the routes, but I havn't tried the crafting guild one so I can't be sure.

So, if anyone is gonna do this, then do the entrana/crafting guild route with baloons, It's much faster then any other route.

I looked at the map looked on the different routes.

The running distance on the Entrana route is little bit shorter.

But that route slows you down a little too when talking to the monk and waiting to be able to get off the ship.

But on a plus side, during that time and when in conversation, the ice doesn't melt.

Anyway, I say it's not a very big differance on the routes, but I havn't tried the crafting guild one so I can't be sure.

So, if anyone is gonna do this, then do the entrana/crafting guild route with baloons, It's much faster then any other route.

Definitely doing this once I get around to upgrading the camp.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

So... Does teleporting with a spirit tree work? If so, I got mine planted at Port Sarim...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

So... Does teleporting with a spirit tree work? If so, I got mine planted at Port Sarim...

Surely you answered your own question when you said "teleporting with"?

Spirit Trees are a form of teleport, teleports do not work.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Spirit Trees are a definite "no no".

Likewise, I had NO luck whatsoever with Fairy Rings despite what people say.

I found the best route to simply use the carpets out of the desert and to run overland from Shantay to Port Sarim, take a boat to Port Khazard, and then run north through Ardy to the Gnome Stronghold, and then speak to Daero and take the Glider to the Ape Atoll.

Of course, I used roughly 50 Ice Barrage Spells along the way, but still ...

nyuseg.png

I found the best route to simply use the carpets out of the desert and to run overland from Shantay to Port Sarim, take a boat to Port Khazard, and then run north through Ardy to the Gnome Stronghold, and then speak to Daero and take the Glider to the Ape Atoll.

Of course,I used roughly 50 Ice Barrage Spells along the way, but still ...

Fairy rings was a bug at first release.

But yeah the only non-teleport transports in-game are:

Boats

Canoes

Balloons

Carpets

Eagles

Gliders

Mine Carts

Train

The Shanty Pass Jail transfer to more secure Port Sarim

For chimp ices gliders are disabled, then due to palcing/timing only

Boats

Balloons

Eagles

Carpets

are of use.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Of course, I used roughly 50 Ice Barrage Spells along the way, but still ...

That's the exact method I used during the quest.

But afterwards I started experimenting.

I believe it's even more then that.

Anyway, yes, I say it's one of the best small updates in a long time.

Altar X was one of my favorites, although YMMV on that. My wrists just can't handle the rapid-fire clicking needed to get the ludicrous xp rates Zarfot got, although many people don't have that issue.

td2sig.jpg

OK, I finished the quest a few hours ago and I started thinking about the new magic carpet destination. Is it of any use at all? The only attraction in the area that I can think of is the pyramid to change to ancients, and the Bedabin camp seems to be just about the same running distance.

Can anybody think of a useful purpose for it?

OK, I finished the quest a few hours ago and I started thinking about the new magic carpet destination. Is it of any use at all? The only attraction in the area that I can think of is the pyramid to change to ancients, and the Bedabin camp seems to be just about the same running distance.

Can anybody think of a useful purpose for it?

nope, i'd rather just use a bandit teleport scroll. Carpets take too long anyways.

Naaxi.png