A couple fight caves questions

vettro

This is my first time giving Jad a legitimate shot so any simple advice that you may think I already know should be repeated please!

I've messed around in there before (I reached level 25-30 without food or prayer pots) but haven't really tried to go far and get the cape. I learned the italy fairly well and think I am going to try to range it. One little question would be if I should bring a whip or not. It seems that it could speed up some of the kills but I don't know if it is worth the inventory space or not. Also, if I do bring the whip should I bring a defender for it or just use the shield I'm using for range? Also, again, if I should bring a whip and melee some which of the monsters should I melee? I'm guessing 45s, 90s, and 360s but not sure. I will be ranging Jad for sure.

Here's my setup so far. Suggestions are welcome.

Helm: Neitzot (may upgrade to veracs as I am worried about running out of prayer)

Chest: Black dragonhide (could get karils but doesn't seem worth it)

Legs: Verac's

Necklace: Fury

Boots: Snakeskin (better than dragon right?)

Ammo: 3K broad bolts. 200 enchanted diamond for Jad.

Ring: Archers

Hands: Regen brace (don't have barrows gloves)

Cape: Accumulator

Weapon: Rune c'bow

Shield: Granite or spirit shield?

Inventory

6 brews (I may want more as I'm probably going to make a lot of mistakes)

2 super restores

Wrench (better than an extra prayer potion?)

Whip?

3 range potions (I presume pot on 360s and Jad?)

Rest prayer potions

How does this look? Any tips are very welcome.

Thanks!

EDIT: First attempt was unsuccessful. Not too surprised.

I did really well up to Jad. None of the levels getting to him bothered me.

During the actual fight I messed up a couple of times on the prayer switching but tanked about 5 of his hits.

After a minute or two I got his attacks down. Then he summoned the healers. And this is where I died. I was trying to pay attention to Jad's attacks while attacking them but, I when I switched prayers once I second guessed myself and switched it back at the last second. Boom. Dead.

I don't know if I need to do anything differently or not. I had lots of supplies left going into Jad. 5 brews, 3 prayer pots, a range pot and a super restore.

I'm going to try him again. Maybe tomorrow.

vettro.png

Looks good. I'd bring whip, defender and barrows plate and see if you are comfortable doing everything melee. If you're not dependant on a task, you can just mess about and practice kiting and stuff.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

This is my first time giving Jad a legitimate shot so any simple advice that you may think I already know should be repeated please!

I've messed around in there before (I reached level 25-30 without food or prayer pots) but haven't really tried to go far and get the cape. I learned the italy fairly well and think I am going to try to range it. One little question would be if I should bring a whip or not. It seems that it could speed up some of the kills but I don't know if it is worth the inventory space or not. Also, if I do bring the whip should I bring a defender for it or just use the shield I'm using for range? Also, again, if I should bring a whip and melee some which of the monsters should I melee? I'm guessing 45s, 90s, and 360s but not sure. I will be ranging Jad for sure.

Here's my setup so far. Suggestions are welcome.

Helm: Neitzot (may upgrade to veracs as I am worried about running out of prayer)

Chest: Black dragonhide (could get karils but doesn't seem worth it)

Legs: Verac's

Necklace: Fury

Boots: Snakeskin (better than dragon right?)

Ammo: 3K broad bolts. 200 enchanted diamond for Jad.

Ring: Archers

Hands: Regen brace (don't have barrows gloves)

Cape: Accumulator

Weapon: Rune c'bow

Shield: Granite or spirit shield?

Inventory

6 brews (I may want more as I'm probably going to make a lot of mistakes)

2 super restores

Wrench (better than an extra prayer potion?)

Whip?

3 range potions (I presume pot on 360s and Jad?)

Rest prayer potions

How does this look? Any tips are very welcome.

Thanks!

That's a pretty good setup for it, Neitzot and Verac's helm have same prayer bonus, but Verac's has more defence. You'll only need 1.5k broad bolts at absolute max. Snakeskin boots are better than dragon as they give a range bonus. Use a granite shield if you feel you need more range defence, spirit if you need prayer. You don't really need the whip and wrench is a maybe. Ranging all the way will do fine, meleeing on your first attempt may be too difficult, your choice though.

I manged to get my first cape today with nearly the same setup as you but with an inventory of:

.200 diamond (e)

.9 brews

.3 super restores

.3 range pots

.rest prayer pots

And I still had plentiful supplies left at Jad. Better safe than sorry. :thumbup:

For range potting I used a spare brew-restore-range before I went into the caves and started using range pots at the 180, 90, 90 wave and had spare doses for Jad. I think that you'll have a fairly comfortable time getting to Jad with your stats. A lot of damage will come from the 90's when with the 360's. I found that I messed up in trapping monsters (mainly 180) behind others, so took melee damage as well. The guide in the AOW is very detailed and gives excellent info about killing Jad and dealing with healers. You can either stand in the very N.E corner or at the N.E of Italy at the start of wave 63, either works fine.

Prayer switching is the most likely thing to kill you, especially when the healers come. If you can watch videos and just say to yourself what attacks Jad is using to get used to them it will help no end. Just remember to keep calm and don't focus on Jad's hp, just focus on his attacks. Letting the healers hit you is the best way to deal with them IMO, just as long as one is hitting you, turning steel skin on helps a lot also.

Oh and the best of luck. :thumbsup:

"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they dont shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein

Looks good. I'd bring whip, defender and barrows plate and see if you are comfortable doing everything melee. If you're not dependant on a task, you can just mess about and practice kiting and stuff.

I'm not comfortable meleeing everything. I was just wondering if it would help me during parts of the caves. I'll just skip it.

@JGHCeltic Thanks for the advice. I like your inventory. I'll use it. I'm fairly confident about the prayer switching but the whole healers thing is going to be interesting.

vettro.png

Do you have an ee? If so, it's the most useful item you can bring. I literally used 2 doses of brew for the entire fight caves using the ee. Also, I got by easily without any ranged pots, but that's your call.

No, I do not have an EE. It's a little too far off to get before attempting this.

vettro.png