the tip.it website and CPU perf.

bot1

this has probably been mentioned before but i dont want to search just to piss people off..

has anyone noticed that when browsing the tip.it website it it slows their cpu performance by around 50%? this happens on both my pc and my laptop - and they are both fairly well spec'd

Could be a coincidence or it could be related to the adverts running on tipit.

Can you post your system spec and perhaps a description of the ads being displayed

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

i remember you merciful, you knew my brother giant fingaz. back in the scapeboard/ rs original days.

i reckon its those facking flash smilies ads, cos when theres two on a page cpu usage almost doubles.

i just solved it myself. anyway, why is this thread more appropriate in this forum? surely it belongs in:

Website Discussion & Suggestions

Discuss any ideas, discussions, issues, or suggestions regarding the website here

Heheh yeah i remember you and Phil :P

How ya both doing?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

not bad thanks

i dont think we really ever talked. phil got banned off scapeboard we both quit rs, restarted it again about a month ago, and phil was banned off here about a week ago..

i know scapeboard was tip.it forum, but why doesnt scapeboard the domain exist anymore? wasnt it the most popular forum?

not bad thanks

i dont think we really ever talked. phil got banned off scapeboard we both quit rs, restarted it again about a month ago, and phil was banned off here about a week ago..

i know scapeboard was tip.it forum, but why doesnt scapeboard the domain exist anymore? wasnt it the most popular forum?

Phil sounds like a pretty cool guy then...

This forum was considered more approriate for helping to answer your question because it was about a technical issue. Also the domain scapeboard.com was lost when Tipit left their free forum hosting, the owner of the domain would not release it nor the old forums. So Tipit started a brand new forum of their own. Which is very nice :-) And it was about time they got rid of the Temperary Forum link on the website :D

not bad thanks

Phil sounds like a pretty cool guy then...

This forum was considered more approriate for helping to answer your question because it was about a technical issue. Also the domain scapeboard.com was lost when Tipit left their free forum hosting, the owner of the domain would not release it nor the old forums. So Tipit started a brand new forum of their own. Which is very nice :-) And it was about time they got rid of the Temperary Forum link on the website :D

sorry, the what forum link?

Tipit used to have a link on the index page that pointed to scapeboard.com. But the link was called Temperary Forum. It was quite funny because it was called that for quite a few years before they actually made their own forum :)

yeh sorry i know.. i was picking at your spelling