What's good to Range?

Drazhor

I'm curious to ask what's good to kill for exp with range? You can mention chinning something but I don't think it'd suit me :P Though if you're specific enough i may consider chinning...

thanks in advance

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Aviansies are good, although not the best Exp around. With 83 Ranged and Ext Ranged Pots, you could get a handsome 50k Exp/hour using the Prayer Method and Broad Bolts.

A lot of people do Aviansies for a few hours, use the money, then chin for a few hours. This is break even tactics. You could also try Chinning Nechs although you said you would prefer not to chin.

Those are about the two best options i can think of. Then there are some weaker options like Darting Green/Blue dragons. It should be pretty fast with a nice profit too.

I remember using something a little like this...

Torag's helm

Amulet of fury

Saradomin body

Torag's platelegs

Snakeskin boots

Gloves -Barrows

Ring of life

Ava's accumulator

Rune crossbow

Toktz-ket-xil

Broad-tipped bolts

Which gives 132 range attack and 301 range defense.

Then I would use a Bunyip and EEE for healing with a couple bones2peaches tabs for emergencies. They also drop swordfish. It is semi afk becuase you don't take an arma item to so can leave it with the sound on and only check back when you hear kills. It is much faster exp and cash to pay attention though.

Inventory should be something like...

EEE, Alch runes, placeholders for coins, feathes, air runes, blood runes and adamant bars, gem bag. Then bunyips, summoning potions for the bunyips and extreme ranging potions for the rest leaving maybe one spot for alchs. Some people bring prayer potions to use the 10% range pray, if you do this replace torags with veracs as well.

Bonecrusher and herbicide if you have them too.

Also, you can play around a little, like not using bunyips and bringing a sara bird instead which would let you take a better range body while meaning you would need to rely more on B2P for healing.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Never tank Aviansies. Its caveman tactics. are better off trying to melee them.

But if you feel like you must tank, with 92 Def, you could get away with Void + BSS or if you must, Dhide with maybe a V Helm (Neit if you want to be cheap).

I strongly suggest the following though.

Monk Robe Top + Bottom, Mitre or Arma Helm, Ranger or Snakeskin Boots, Fury, Barrow Gloves, Unholy Book.

Make sure you have no Arma Item. If you look in the General Guide section (page 4 or 5 i think) theres a Aviansies guide that will basically answer any question you have and those you cant even think of. There is also a location that i highly suggest using. This only has Bandos and Arma folowers so you dont need to worry about any other god item.

The reason i say dont take an Arma item is because the point is to attract them to you. Saves a lot of time and speeds up the kills a lot. I think at 99 Ranged i used to get about 210 - 230 kills an hour before i even had Ext pots. At that time it was wll over 60k exp p/h ( close to 72k i think) and it was also over 1m gp p/h.

Never tank Aviansies. Its caveman tactics. are better off trying to melee them.

But if you feel like you must tank, with 92 Def, you could get away with Void + BSS or if you must, Dhide with maybe a V Helm (Neit if you want to be cheap).

I strongly suggest the following though.

Monk Robe Top + Bottom, Mitre or Arma Helm, Ranger or Snakeskin Boots, Fury, Barrow Gloves, Unholy Book.

Make sure you have no Arma Item. If you look in the General Guide section (page 4 or 5 i think) theres a Aviansies guide that will basically answer any question you have and those you cant even think of. There is also a location that i highly suggest using. This only has Bandos and Arma folowers so you dont need to worry about any other god item.

The reason i say dont take an Arma item is because the point is to attract them to you. Saves a lot of time and speeds up the kills a lot. I think at 99 Ranged i used to get about 210 - 230 kills an hour before i even had Ext pots. At that time it was wll over 60k exp p/h ( close to 72k i think) and it was also over 1m gp p/h.

:unsure:

I think yaks still are good exp.. Probably packed though.

I'd range slay though, or grind some cash and chin it.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)