My Photoshop work

SanityCore

Hey everybody! I finished up a Photoshop class at my community college. The final was to make 5 possible album covers. I tried really hard with Number's 1, 3, and 4. Number 2 I hate, Number 5 is alright. So I tried my best to make some! Here they are:

1. Miles of Machines

tigerrobot+copy.jpg

2. Girl Explosion

girlred+copy.jpg

3. Explosion

dudeexplosion.jpg

4. Eclipse

jump.jpg

5. Rock On!

rockon.jpg

Please comment! Thanks

"I'm like a hermit in my own head"

2enx1ro.jpg

Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

MY CAPES!

sig1.pngsig2.png

Dragon drops: Draconic Visage, Dragon Plateskirt, Dragon Med Helm, Dragon Platelegs

Other drops: Dragon Chainbody

e5lft5.png

Loot

↓↓

Verac's flail, Verac's skirt x2, Guthan's platebody x2, Guthan's warspear x3, Dharok's helm x2, Ahrim's hood, Ahrim's robeskirt, Torag's platelegs, Karil's top, Karil's skirt, Karil's crossbow x2

Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

Thanks!

1 and 4 were my favorites. 2 is pretty good, just seems a bit empty.

Yeah, I followed a tutorial to help me. I couldn't really think of anything to add D:

5 Reminds me of the Windows logon icon. D:

Yay Windows! :D

"I'm like a hermit in my own head"

2enx1ro.jpg

These seem shabbily put together. It really seems as if you have got a stock, overlayed on another stock and out on overlay. While putting stocks upon stocks into one image isn't inherently bad, arranging them in a manner which looks tacky is. I reccommend you look at a few Photoshop/Gimp tutorials to help you improve. It generally looks like you haven't done much ot the image - On 1. Did you just overlay a pattern, then call it a finished work? Number 4 or 5 are your best. The effects are somewhat interesting (though very low quality) and they have hugely improved on the horror of number 3. Number 3 is overcontrasted, the motion blur is tacky, as is the overlayed stock. The dull colour scheme and the cloud layer don't help either.

I hope you take this on board and improve!

lampost_sig_stark.png

Really Great work dude!

It is posts like this I despise. Not only is it barely true, but it isn't telling anyone how to improve.

i like his work, so what... and btw I don't know what to tell him to improve on because I'm not experienced in graphics...

You don't need to have experience in art to give him advice to improve. You go to the cinema's to watch a movie. At the end you don't go 'I can't say anything about the movie that needs to be better because I am not a director or w/e', right?

It's fine to like his work, but there will be aspects of it that you don't like in some pictures. Telling him what you don't like helps artists to improve. Sounds harsh but it works the best.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Really Great work dude!

It is posts like this I despise. Not only is it barely true, but it isn't telling anyone how to improve.

i like his work, so what... and btw I don't know what to tell him to improve on because I'm not experienced in graphics...

You don't need to have experience in art to give him advice to improve. You go to the cinema's to watch a movie. At the end you don't go 'I can't say anything about the movie that needs to be better because I am not a director or w/e', right?

It's fine to like his work, but there will be aspects of it that you don't like in some pictures. Telling him what you don't like helps artists to improve. Sounds harsh but it works the best.

true :P

None of them are really something I would want on any of my albums, but 4 and 5 are the best like shiny said. His post is everything I had to say.

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

Really Great work dude!

Oh god, the hypocrisy..

First one is actually really nice, though I think it could do without the big diagonal stripes overlaying the whole piece. If you removed them, and made the text more appealing, it would be improved loads.

general tips- don't increase the exposure on some of these; you'll lose detail and it'll look a bit shabby. The girls in 2 and 5 are too bright. ^^

Also, if i were you i'd stay away from fractal brushes (or at least until you are really confident in PS). They make things very messy and are rather hard to implement.

Really Great work dude!

Oh god, the hypocrisy..

First one is actually really nice, though I think it could do without the big diagonal stripes overlaying the whole piece. If you removed them, and made the text more appealing, it would be improved loads.

general tips- don't increase the exposure on some of these; you'll lose detail and it'll look a bit shabby. The girls in 2 and 5 are too bright. ^^

Also, if i were you i'd stay away from fractal brushes (or at least until you are really confident in PS). They make things very messy and are rather hard to implement.

Its not hypocrisy if he already posted his c/c.

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

Really Great work dude!

Oh god, the hypocrisy..

Its not hypocrisy if he already posted his c/c.

I also see nothing wrong with being appreciative of someone's work. There are people who browse these forums who aren't art aficionados and who merely come here to take a look. Myself, I've seen many things that I really like - so I've complimented the person on them, saying that I like them - but as I'm not an artist by any means I refrain from pretending to have some useful c/c.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

lampost_sig_stark.png