Player Websites

tefda

For Members, each and everyone of them would have a single webpage dedicated to their player.

It would entail the following. A picture (using Javascript or PHP to dynamically put it there) of the characters current equipment (of when they last logged out). A list of their highscore stats. When they joined the game and when they joined membership (also how many months they have been a member.) Perhaps even their last location (This could be done because of the Music being played. It knows which area you are in and therefore could be converted back into the name of the area you are in).

When Clan support is implemented then it could also include our Rank in the clan, the number of Player Kills we've had, and perhaps a link to a RS clan website (provided by Jagex).

I think everyone else believes that Jagex NEEDS to be more community oriented and help the players out. Putting in an item database would help, revamping the RS client to match those of the third party programs would help also. The clan support is the step in the right direction but giving us each a website (with an ad on it) is just as helpful (allowing us to view other's characters stats and equipment also letting us know where they are and how long they've been playing).

A website for the thousands of members would not be that hard (Really). Using PHP and Javacript all of it can be automated. Plust with an ad on each page Jagex could easily afford it.

With the ammount of server space that would tak up, I'm pretty sure it would make the universe explode.

[nerd] But here's the thing. Using a PHP page and simple arrays of information all of which can be stored in a text file the information could be read and then processed into that page. The page would then dynamically create itself using the information given.

It's just like the High Score pages. That page doesn't actually exist until you type in the username.

[/nerd]

Then it would definitely render the highscores near-obsolete.

I might also add there isn't just "thousands of members", but about... I forgot... I think half a million.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

With the ammount of server space that would tak up, I'm pretty sure it would make the universe explode.

close to 500,000 members, times 1 meg each page - 500,000 megs plus bandwidth.

this would cost everyone another $5 per month to pay for all the bandwidth :cry:

Hitman247m.png

He did say they only load when you click on it.

But I don't think JAGeX would do it, because why should they use up howver small amount of money to do something that won't really make them gain profit?

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

close to 500,000 members, times 1 meg each page - 500,000 megs plus bandwidth.

this would cost everyone another $5 per month to pay for all the bandwidth :cry:

How do you think they pay for the Hundreds of thousands of non paying members? Through showing advertisments. If this were to be a page with an advertisment then they could get their cash for doing that (Because what PKer wouldn't want to be looking at a page where it tells exactly where they last logged off and what equipment they were carrying?)

I like this idea, it would be a good replacement for the current highscores page (which is kind of boring). It would only require that the template page for the current high scores page be changed to reflect the new "players webpage" and a little bit of code on the server to generate the players picture (with php this would be extremely simple and add a miniscule load to the server).

qwerty4242.png