Photos and a few edits

yaff2

Hey guys, its been a long time since i have been on this site, how are all of you doin?

I recently got photoshop again and sat down with it and i have realized how much i have forgotten, i dont remember most of photoshop. I opened up a few pictures of my 1980 Camaro and did some minor touch ups, heres 3 that have been touched up and a few more that are left as they were shot. I just wanted to share

lowrider.png

frontright.png

camarorear.png

DSC04499.jpg

DSC04502.jpg

DSC04536.jpg

DSC04533.jpg

DSC04517.jpg

Incase anyone was wondering about the car

It is a 1980 Camaro with a 350, with a mild cam, hooker headers, edelbrock carb, intake, valve covers, it has a dynomax exhaust system, its bored .30 over with flat top pistons

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust

I have been good, and yourself?

i decided i would try and get back into photoshop, but now i dont remember half of it, so i no longer have the patients

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

So much insightful critique in this thread <3:

The photos don't really have many faults technically, except that the backgrounds are rather messy and detract focus from the car. Unfortunately, one BIG issue with most digital cameras are that the skies blow out and create chromatic aberration (link- the blue edges on objects next to the light). Overall- not bad, but not too visually appealing. :)

• 2 weeks later...

okay well to start, these were all taken during the last summer, at my house, with my own car :) i didnt care about the background so, i placed it in a nice spot in my yard and shined it up a bit and took pictures with a Sonny Cybershot 15x zoom and 8.1 mega pixels. i took the pictures more because i wanted some of my car, it was not done by a pro either :P

i just like how the pictures turned out, being the owner of the car :P

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

Im not a GFX genious, but Im smart enough to know that is one hell of a nice car. How much horsepower is that pushing? Ive been looking at camaros, but I want an early 70's model :P

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

Im not a GFX genious, but Im smart enough to know that is one hell of a nice car. How much horsepower is that pushing? Ive been looking at camaros, but I want an early 70's model :P

well right now the car is only pushing 230 horse, but it only has a 350, bored 30 over with flat top pistons, edelbrock intake, carb, and valve covers, edelbrock hooker headers, its got a th350 transmission with a stage 2 shift kit, but the tranny is very weak. It has true centerline rims with a full dynomax dual 3" mufflers

I plan on ripping out the 350, and turning it into a 383 stroker, pushing 550 horse ready for boost. Which in the end will probably be a super charger. But im going to wait on the super charger cause that will make it 750+ hp and thats a lot.

it needs quite a bit of body work, all the interior work, and things here and there

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

Okay, I guess it's time for me to step in and be the party pooper.

First image: Green-cyan car, green grass, green trees, cyan sky. This whole image is cyan, I don't know where I'm supposed to look, and it's boring. Furthermore, there's no room to breathe; the photo is squashed and cluttered.

Second image: Definitely better than the first as far as crop goes, and there's more breathing room, but it's still boring and the only focus point I can think of (the right-hand(or starboard) light) is almost centered and isn't anything special.

Third image: I realise what you were trying to do, but it didn't really turn out too well. Firstly, this is a portrait-oriented shot with way too much head and foot room. Secondly, you can't see the left side of the car, which is really annoying. I find mysef trying to visually rotate the car to see the left side. I really do not like this photo.

Fourth image: Same as the first two, but at least you've separated the car from the background a little.

Fifth image: Extremely cluttered; I have no idea where to look or what this photo is trying to achieve. Then again, I know nothing about cars.

Sixth image: Focal point should be the center of the logo, and you should probably think about cleaning it of dust first.

Overall thoughts: You need to separate the car from the background. Put it on a bitumen road, at sunset or during twilight, turn the headlights on and take photos with the angles used in #2 and #4. Try to keep the lights as dim as possible. Do not use flash when doing this. You may also want to have the car facing the sunset(although I would probably do the opposite).

I'm assuming you're using a point-and-shoot(bad chromatic abberation, huge depth of field on every shot, invariable focus, relatively soft edges and a less-than-desirable dynamic range). I haven't commented much on the depth of field, dynamic range etc. since it's your camera's fault and not you. Really, these photos look like they belong in a car thread, not the gallery.

Hope I didn't offend by saying I didn't like the photos; I'm pretty much the wet blanket of The Gallery's photo threads and will point out the negatives in EVERYONE's photos.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots