Runescape Lagg :S

GodTrickstar

Does anyone know how to make a old computer run runescape faster? it lags on safe mode, i tried clearing history caches and cookies but that didnt seem to help much. can someone help? and i dont have enough money atm to buy a new computer so thats not an option :P

My current runescape graphic settings

http://forum.tip.it/gallery/album/195236/361-runescape-graphic-settings/

My computer specs (after i looked at them they suck)

2GB Ram

32 bit operating system

Windows 7 Ultimate

Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz

Reinstall it. If that doesn't help, a new computer is the only way, I'm afraid.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

not sure, i can play it on the laptop no lag at all, its when i go on that computer it is really jumpy, i upgraded the video card, ram, hard drive space, and upgraded to windows 7, and we have high speed internet with nothing usually going wrong, i have no clue what is going on

not sure, i can play it on the laptop no lag at all, its when i go on that computer it is really jumpy, i upgraded the video card, ram, hard drive space, and upgraded to windows 7, and we have high speed internet with nothing usually going wrong, i have no clue what is going on

What's your computer specs? Like RAM, CPU Speed, etc.

Does everything else lag as well?

j0xPu5R.png

post a photo of your current runescape settings.

post a photo of your current runescape settings.

added

Did you try changing it to 'safe mode'?

i cant find the safe mode option, but i put all the options to the least amount of graphics i could find and its still jumpy...

That's odd. I just looked at the screenshots you provided and can't find a safe mode option anywhere. Did you try any of the other options such as 'Software' or 'OpenGL'?

Also, I stated in a previous post if anything else lags? It could be a compatibility problem with the hardware that you upgraded with.

j0xPu5R.png

I had issues with my laptop as well (only 2 years old). I switched it to software and it works fine.

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

Did you try changing it to 'safe mode'?

i cant find the safe mode option, but i put all the options to the least amount of graphics i could find and its still jumpy...

That's odd. I just looked at the screenshots you provided and can't find a safe mode option anywhere. Did you try any of the other options such as 'Software' or 'OpenGL'?

Also, I stated in a previous post if anything else lags? It could be a compatibility problem with the hardware that you upgraded with.

I had it to direct, i think that is what was wrong, i switched it to software now, its not the best ever speed but it runs nice and smoothly so it will be good until i buy a whole new system :P

Ultimate on 2GB of RAM is a bit much. You might try deactivating the windows functions that you don't need.

actually, my mom just told me like a hour ago that she can get a deal from her friend to get my computer upgraded on 5 gig RAM so im hoping this will solve most of my problems

Did you try using a program like Tune-Up Utilities to clean up and optimize your system?

Programs like that will help you clear up unnecessary files, delete unneeded registry keys, and find programs that are installed that you rarely or never use.

Did you try using a program like Tune-Up Utilities to clean up and optimize your system?

Programs like that will help you clear up unnecessary files, delete unneeded registry keys, and find programs that are installed that you rarely or never use.

How much i would love to do that, i can't because the computer I'm on has a lot of personal files like, photos, music etc. and resumes so if any of it get deleted by that program, I am literally dead, but what im doing atm is im going through everything all 200gig of space and im deleting what needs to be deleted, and organizing the music deleting duplicates, and temporary files from firefox and internet explorer.. so hopefully that will make it go by faster

Ultimate on 2GB of RAM is a bit much. You might try deactivating the windows functions that you don't need.

actually, my mom just told me like a hour ago that she can get a deal from her friend to get my computer upgraded on 5 gig RAM so im hoping this will solve most of my problems

There's no point in 5(?) GB of RAM of you are on a 32 bit OS, just install 4 in Dual Channel and you will see better performance.