Better Graphics Card, Better Fps?

Divine_Hero

So I was on my Developer Console, and I typed in "displayfps" and it said it was around 14-17. Now, as I watch people on youtube, and even my gf, they all have fps of 50+.. So I asked her to do the "renderer" command. She has a geforce 6300 or something like that. I have a Radeon 3200. She also has comcast, I have WoW, and a slow connection. Would getting a new Graphics card increase my fps?

EDIT: I play in hd, and I use Directx, about medium settings, if that helps. I'd like to know if it would be the internet or graphics card.

vNewDisease.png vNewDisease.png

~I am a true Hero.~

Yes a better graphics card would increase your fps. The whole purpose of the card is to take the rendering load off of your cpu.

Additionally try updating your current graphics drivers, turn off other uneeded programs, and maybe even taking off some add ons in your brower. This should all increase your fps.

Also by slow connection can you be more specific? Dial up, dsl, broadband. Your connection will affect lag, but really the only things to affect fps are your cpu and graphics cards (drivers and various connections to the motherboard can affect but that's not for your case).

jpegsigtest.jpg

Yes a better graphics card would increase your fps. The whole purpose of the card is to take the rendering load off of your cpu.

Additionally try updating your current graphics drivers, turn off other uneeded programs, and maybe even taking off some add ons in your brower. This should all increase your fps.

Thank you for your response. What type of graphics card would you recommend?

~I am a true Hero.~

The Radeon 3200 is an integrated video card and is most likely the FPS bottleneck.

I'm guessing you own an OEM machine, not a custom build. Most likely your motherboard doesn't have a PCI-e slot, and so you will have to get a new motherboard to upgrade your video card. But if it does, you could get a secondhand video card like a Radeon HD 4850 / GeForce 9800 which would work well with RS.

The Radeon 3200 is an integrated video card and is most likely the FPS bottleneck.

I'm guessing you own an OEM machine, not a custom build. Most likely your motherboard doesn't have a PCI-e slot, and so you will have to get a new motherboard to upgrade your video card. But if it does, you could get a secondhand video card like a Radeon HD 4850 / GeForce 9800 which would work well with RS.

I'm not sure about the motherboard, but if it helps, it's an eMachine, laptop. How much would the motherboard be, if I had to get a new one?

~I am a true Hero.~

If it's a laptop you won't be able to upgrade the graphics card or pretty much any other part.

Also moving this to tech and computers as it's more suited for there. ;)

That's what I was afraid of. Oh well, I'll get a new computer soon. :P

~I am a true Hero.~

Check the GPU load while playing RS with GPU-Z or a similar program. If it is 100%, a better graphics card will help.

According to Jagex, the RS animation system always uses the CPU. Also, multiple CPU cores are not used. That's why you can have 10 FPS in Grand Exchange, even though GPU load is only 20%.