A suggestion: Please make crops a *bit* more useful

Bellatrix

One of the problems that (up to my opinion) helps to make farming an unpoplar skill is that there are too many crops that although they require a medium or even higer levels, have nearly or absolutly no use - besides paying npc farmers to watch certain higher crops.

My suggestion to jujex is simple: make new usues for those crops - for cooking, for example.

I will give few examples and ideas:

strawberries and watermelon: require lv 31 and 47(!) to grow - and have very few uses besides paying npc farmers.

why not to add somthing like: strawberry cream cake, or fruit shake (besides the gnome-bar minigame), what about a meat roast with watermelon slices?

and just to make it clear - Im not whining for "extra-healing food" that will heal 25hp. Im just asking for something nice and interesting to do with those crops.

bittercup mushrooms - lv53(!) to grow, and as far as I know, no use besides paying npc farmers.

my suggestion: add a new "wolf pie/stew" that will include raw meet, raw fish, bittercup mushrooms and maybe something available from mortmyre or the haunted wood. Like the infamous redberrie pie&dwarf, maybe it will convince wolfmen npc to talk with you, etc.

and ofcourse - more normal food with the mushroom can be added as well (pizza, pie, toast, etc).

another option is to add new potion involving avanto/kwarm and bittercup, that will become available between lv 54-60.

Papya: this is even more of a sad story - high farming level required, rare and costy seed, etc - and no use (as far as I know) beside paying npc famer for watching the palm tree, Why not to add some tropical desert/other food involving it?

same goes to some other crop with no/very few uses:

- Making candies from orange skins (maybe even the lolipops Dr ford so cruelly refuse to supply :-) )

- Usuing the calquet with other materials (like tar, etc) to make glues and other staff that can be added to flechery and other skills.

and last but not least: It will be extreamly nice, if a new farming-cooking minigame will be added. Why not "one" that involves queen Allmaria (and can be only done after "garden of tranquility" quest is finished), and maybe a new, nasty (Dudley like?) kid of hers?

Im sure that some of those impovements can make farming more popular.

L.Bellatrix.png

Slayer: 85/85, Herblore: 82/82, Farming 81/82, def 99/99.

new goals: full sardomain costum from t.trails (2/6), slayer 87/90, attack 98/99

Dragon drops: 4 half shields, 2 dragon spears | whip drops: 5.

barrow drops: Ahrim's hood

i suggested the same thing...

well, something similar anyways...

to make more cakes (like fruit cakes) for example with all the fruit youre getting

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Here goes 1 detailed suggestion:

Orange-Skin candies

needed: lv30 cooking, 2 oranges, 1 rose (from the monestry's guarden), 1 pta bowl of water, a knife, pestel and mortar and 1 new item: sugar cane (purchasable from the jungle store and shilo general strore).

1. use the rose with mortar, and use on the water bowl.

2. use the cane with mortar and pot, cook it and add to the bowl.

3. use knife with 2 oranges, and add to bowl.

4. boil it on a range.

the result: 2-4 candies, each heals 2-3 hp, and can be sold for a profit in the grand tree.

further option, available after the "Gertrud's cat" quest: The pair of Gertrud's little bastards (Shilop and the other one) will switch 5 candies for random items - some of them junk or low leveled items (from pot to choclate bars, etc), but with rare option to earn a good (proper) thing they had "found" - like a good seed or unid herb, few nature runes, etc.

L.Bellatrix.png

new goals: full sardomain costum from t.trails (2/6), slayer 87/90, attack 98/99

And another one:

Tropical fish dish with wine and season fruits:

neaded:

basic version: lv52 cooking, 2 karambwanji fish / 1 swordfish, 1 papaya, 1 pinapple, 1 jug of wine.

advanced version: the same + lv65 cooking + coconut

1. cook the fish, and slice them with knife, use on the dish.

2. slice the orange and papaya and use with jug of wine, then, use with the dish.

3. cook it on a range (fire doesn't work).

for the advanced version: use coconut milk before cooking.

Basic dish will heal 16-17.

advanced will heal 19-20.

another option: give it to some specific Tai-bwani villager, to gain a big amount of favor.

---

more simple papaya suggestion:

use 1 papaya with a jug of wine and an empty bowl, then cook it.

(needs to heal like 3 more then simple sweetcorn).

L.Bellatrix.png