Food drops in a dungeon.

demby123

I find that higher leveld monsters drop large numbers of medium fish i.e. six web snippers, but that might just be me.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

Don't forget: food drops by monsters also loosely follow a rule with armor/weapons on table (not food, ironically enough).

Food drops never go above salve eel (tier 8) when dropped by a monster. This has something to do with a certain level (cooking? combat? hitpoints? dunno which) being 20 levels higher than the required tier to start receiving it as drops. Since the max level is 99, you don't get anything higher than this. It's predetermined too so boosters don't work.

Just throwing that out there. But yeah, assuming you have 99 in that required skill, monsters of any level can drop anything tier 1-8, at any amount. A 200+ may drop very low tiered food or even nothing while a 4 can drop tons of salves on the ground.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I'm pretty certain it's based on your combat level, team size (this one not so much) and floor difficulty and NPC level doesn't play a huge role in determining what drops you get, but like Sonikku said you cannot get Blue Crabs or Cave Morays as food drops.

On a similar note more often than not Slayer monsters in Daemonheim (such as the Spiritual Guardian or Night Spiders) drop high quantities of Salve Eels so they're worth killing if you're low on food.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

The tier of food also depends on complexity (although I'm sure this doesn't matter in this discussion, it's good to bring it up anyway). If you take a level 18 shade on Complexity 1 and match it with a level 18 shade on Complexity 6, the C1 shade will on average drop better food in larger amounts.

At least this has been my observation from the many larges vs. c1s I've done.