Summoning

LitterBug

After reading a few things on slayer - I was advised to get prayer up to 70 and summoning up (at least to bunyips)

I'm having a super horrible time training this skill - my summoning level is 31 right now

For the moment, I'm making granite grabs mostly - waiting a little bit more before I use my greens on Beavers and then will make Bull Ants/Macaws

However, I'm having a HUGE trouble getting enough of these summoning charms. I'm trying to keep my melee exp/charm drop ratio high since I don't want to be level 120 before I even get a chance at using Bunyips/Unicorns and the likes.

So basically, what are some good monsters that drop charms often? I spent a few hours at hill giants and moss giants and they just end up dropping tons of golds. Green/Crimson come in every 50-75ish golds and that's pretty slow.

The runescape wiki site is totally off for most of the monsters (maybe it's outdated) but both the charm ratios as well as the charm drops rates are totally off. So I was hoping maybe you guys could give me good suggestions on where to get:

-Green charms

-Crimson charms

While maintaining a good exp ratio.

Thanks for your time!

Edited by Quyneax
Changed title.
capt%20kevin.png

1. He cant do dusties because of his slayer level

2. He could probably do waterfiends but they will be extremely slow and costly with his stats

3. Could do with prayer and prossy gear

4. i guess he could try but again it would be super slow and ineffective.

Spikestr1ke.png

Or you could always try rock lobs if you have enough money to burn >.<

Which I somehow doubt >_>

I know I used a salamander at giant rock crabs when I was a lower level, back when they dropped 10 charms at a time. Almost nothing but golds, but damn you got a lot of charms.

These days however, they drop them 3 at a time so I'm not sure if they're worth it anymore.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

As long as you have the prayer level, prossy, and a cannon id say black demons are your best bet. That and the added benefit of an effigy ~every 1.5 hours. To get to 68 isn't that many charms so it shouldn't be terribly expensive, especially if you utilize farming herbs/mtk/dailies every day.

As said don't ever use anything but crimsons to level. Greens are terrible exp/gp, golds are just too little exp to be worth it, and blues are best saved for higher level familiars such as geyser titans.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

It seems that everybody thinks I should go hunt for crimsons

Should I be leveling with crimsons at my level?

Most of the guides I read said to make granite crabs until you can make use of some greens - like compost mounds or something.

Should I be training with Honeybadgers instead?

capt%20kevin.png

I was in your boat recently. I would recommend getting attack to 80, then doing waterfiends. You'll get about 45-50 crimsons/ hour. I'm ~83 att/def/str now, and with saradomin sword + piety + super pots I get about 60-65 crimsons/hour.

The second thing is to keep doing penguin points, it's an easy way to get to mid 50's. I spent mine to get from 1 to mid 50's dungeoneering, and I'm assuming its the same xp boost across all the skills.

Hope this helps.