Post your Electric Guitar setups here!

RPGoof

I love my electric guitar. I just got this Epiphone Demon V on Christmas and its got amazing tone.

imag0041.jpg

I also have a KGA10FX Kustom amp but I hate it so I won't bother to take a picture of it. I'm saving up for a AD30VT Valvatronix VOX amp. That baby is amazing.

I'm also saving up for a BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone pedal and a Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah pedal.

If anyone has an ACIDplanet account, could you post those too? I'd be glad to listen to you play :) I'm Dr. Guitar if you could try and search me. I just uploaded a new song- 'No Title' today, recorded with my new guitar.

Yes, I've been playing just barely over a year. Don't bash me and say I suck. I'm actually pretty good for how long I've been playing. Some of the stuff on my ACIDplanet account sounds horrible... Well thats becuase I used my old FIRST ACT guitar. That thing has a dead bridge pickup and horrible tone.

worldmapsig.png

newscape300x50qz7.gif

rssig.png(40 crafting, 40 range)

How come? I know two really good guitar players that I really trust to give good advice use it.

Depends what you're after i guess. A mate of mine got an MT2 for xmas and he loves it, but he plays a lot of thrashy, downtuned metal.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

How come? I know two really good guitar players that I really trust to give good advice use it.

The MT-2 is alright for bedroom practice. In any other situation it WILL let you down. It sounds like a jar of bees being unleashed into your amp, the fuzz is just unbelievable. If you really refuse to use amp distortion, check out other pedals, like the Line 6 Uber Metal.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

The MT-2 is alright for bedroom practice. In any other situation it WILL let you down. It sounds like a jar of bees being unleashed into your amp, the fuzz is just unbelievable. If you really refuse to use amp distortion, check out other pedals, like the Line 6 Uber Metal.

Eh, my guitar doesn't buzz at all, just a small amount of FUZZ. I hate my amp distortion. I'm not going to buy it unless I can try it out first, of course...

worldmapsig.png

newscape300x50qz7.gif

Eh, my guitar doesn't buzz at all, just a small amount of FUZZ. I hate my amp distortion. I'm not going to buy it unless I can try it out first, of course...

I never said your guitar buzzed, but the distortion you'll get from the MT-2 will. It's fuzzy and undefined, look at other pedals.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Grinning wide

One of my friends uses a MT-2, he plays thrash metal and it sounds sweet. No buzz at all. (He uses EMG pickups)

I have no clue what Danabis is on about. Its a cool pedal. Sure there are better pedals. Havent tried the above suggested Uber Metal yet. But line 6 makes good stuff so it is probably allright. Boss DS-1 and OD-3 is good for solos.

And an Ibanez Tube Screamer is always good to have.

My guitar set up:

Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster with noiseless pickups and maple fretboard.

Fender Classic 50's Stratocaster also with noiseless pickups and maple fretboard.

VOX AD120VT (A big brother of the amp youre getting) with the floorboard.

Boss CS-1 (compressor)

Boss OD-20 (It a multi effect with only distortions. Maybe you should try it out, got plenty of good distortions if you know how to set it up.)

Dunlop Cry Baby Wah Wah

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have small purple pet elephants named Jack. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who like to do the fandango on Wednesday afternoons

Here's a pic of my amp, and one of my guitars. I don't have my pedals set up yet because i just moved house, but i'll get a pic of it all soon.

guitar4mq.th.jpg

One of my friends uses a MT-2, he plays thrash metal and it sounds sweet. No buzz at all. (He uses EMG pickups)

I'm guessing your friend also has a high end amp? Maybe a Peavy Triple X or even a 5150?

Obviously the pedal is going to sound good with high end gear. And, if you know how to use it, it can sound ok. But the sad truth is, people buy this pedal, and run it into the clean channel of their amps with the gain set at 10, full bass, full treble and no mids.

I do know what I'm talking about, there are much better pedals on the market.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Grinning wide

Obviously the pedal is going to sound good with high end gear. And, if you know how to use it, it can sound ok. But the sad truth is, people buy this pedal, and run it into the clean channel of their amps with the gain set at 10, full bass, full treble and no mids.

I'd agree with all that. The mate i was talking about has been playing guitar since he was about 10 (so 12 years), and is well versed in pretty much all styles of playing. Not only that, he knows how to set his kit up to get the sound he wants, and he won't buy shabby equipment.

Personally, i liked the pedal, but you do have to tweak it quite a bit to get a really nice sound.

Another alternative is MXR. They make pretty high quality pedals if you don't mind spending a bit more than you would for a Boss or Ibanez.

I'd agree with all that. The mate i was talking about has been playing guitar since he was about 10 (so 12 years), and is well versed in pretty much all styles of playing. Not only that, he knows how to set his kit up to get the sound he wants, and he won't buy shabby equipment.

Personally, i liked the pedal, but you do have to tweak it quite a bit to get a really nice sound.

Another alternative is MXR. They make pretty high quality pedals if you don't mind spending a bit more than you would for a Boss or Ibanez.

That the mate that can almost do Eruption?

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

Yeah, and he actually pulled off the whole thing the other night, sounded really good.

Yeah, and he actually pulled off the whole thing the other night, sounded really good.

Eruption is way overhyped. Some of it is kinda tricky, but I bet the guy can pull off better stuff than that, no?

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Grinning wide

Eruption is way overhyped. Some of it is kinda tricky, but I bet the guy can pull off better stuff than that, no?

Yes, I've heard better, as in more complicated. But the thing about it is that it sound so raw, so powerful, and stands very well by itself as just a solo.

Note that I don't play guitar, but from someone who has played for 8 years, I know a lot for someone who doesn't play :P.

sigon4.jpg

handed me TWO tissues to clear up. I was like "i'm going to need a few more paper towels than that luv"

Yeah, definitely. Eruption sounds good but it's all just tapping, so by comparison to any decent metal/rock solo, it's really not that great.

The sort of stuff he does that really impresses me are fast arpeggios and sweeps - i can't even begin to comprehend my fingers moving that fast along the fret board.

Rizla you should listen to "Black Star", "Far Beyond the Sun" and "Eclipse" by Yngwie Malmsteen. They are all fast with lots of sweep and arpeggios.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have small purple pet elephants named Jack. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who like to do the fandango on Wednesday afternoons

Becker, Friedman, Gilbert and Rusty Cooley are all more interesting 'shred' players than Malmsteen if you ask me.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Grinning wide

Becker, Friedman, Gilbert and Rusty Cooley are all more interesting 'shred' players than Malmsteen if you ask me.

Yeah Malmsteen's just about the speed really, he likes to show off. That's cool, but i'd rather listen to someone like Satch who plays with some feeling.

Yeah Malmsteen's just about the speed really, he likes to show off. That's cool, but i'd rather listen to someone like Satch who plays with some feeling.

That is almost true. He is like that now, but he was not in the beginning in heÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôs career. (And its that era the songs I suggested comes from.)

And hereÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôs an awsome shredder: http://www.deanguitars.com/angelo/mab.html klick on "See Michael tear it up on speed lives"

Cool, I haven't been here in a while and I changed my mind about some stuff. I've decided on getting a 65W Crate with DSP and a crybaby from one of my friends. As for the MT-2 I'll see how the dist. on the amp is first.

worldmapsig.png

newscape300x50qz7.gif