Spicy Stew

LitterBug

Hey, I was thinking about leveling up herblore. I'm planning only to make super atk/str/def & antifires then the extreme versions and finally the overload potions in the end.

I was wondering if getting spicy stews to help me with my herblore was a good idea - so I had a few questions.

-How many potions (using one unfinished potion + one secondary) can you make in a minute as I understand that's how long a stat boost lasts for? (No scroll of cleansing)

-How many spices can you get in an hour? I'm mainly going for brown so I'd probably be dropping the spices I don't need (unless it's a spice that's pretty useful later on in training)

Thanks a lot guys!

capt%20kevin.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you do not get colored spices from any sort of shop. You must use a (hell)cat/kitten to catch hellrats in Evil Dave's basement in Edgeville.

One tip when using spices is that you can get the correct boost you are looking for, and log out before it degrades to save the boost.

Yeahh, um, you don't buy spices. That would make it too easy.

Spicy stews are only related to one part of RFD, the Evil Dave mini-quest where you get the hellcat. You hunt hellrats for spices, both for the mini-quest and for stews. Protip: do NOT go there with a kitty. Go there with a cat, or preferable a wily cat.

With stews, I've only heard about stewing for overloads. Not like extreme attacks or anything. However, if you ARE stewing, you should log out ever 45 seconds to reset the timer. The stew boosts are NOT reliable in any what whatsoever. You can potentially boost a skill by 6 on the maximum dosage, but you can also lower it by 6. Because it's random, a +6 boost isn't even worth going for because of how unlikely it is.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

when i was boosting for herby using greenman's ales. one beer would last for about a load and a half so about 21 potions. but that was only for 1 lvl of boost. potentialy if you could get a +5 boost you could do more

but it may be more expensive to do it that way. it does however take a very long time to get a reasonable supply of the spice you want.

and since you want to make a large quantity (i assume you do because of what you plan to make in the end) it will take ALOT of spice & ALOT of Luck and patience.) it would also be rather expensive to go from 60 pray to any where near overloads.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

You'd be using the logging trick as described by Squab, and I don't think you'd be making more than two loads with a bank pin and all. Perhaps only one. You can use a timer.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted