Dragon Slayer and other ramblings

punkdynamix

One of my f2p friends just recently completed the dragon slayer quest at level 34. He claimed that it was a breeze.

This brought me back to my memory of old Elvarg and how much of a pain in my rear she was.

I was combat lvl 32 when I attempted Dragon Slayer but things were different in 2004. A lot of players take for granted the convenience of eating during combat. Back then, being in combat and eating food was comparable to trying to change your graphic settings today. Good luck with that. This in turn makes me curious as to just how many things we take for granted today. POHs with gilded alters makes prayer infinitely easier to level. Banking in general is just ridiculously easy compared to rsc. Being a neat freak with your bank is rsc was nearly impossible because your bank was organized by the order things were deposited in. I was f2p during rsc so my bank was small, I can only imagine the migraine I would have had with a p2p bank.

Skilling anything back in rsc was a chore because you would have to make every single item. There was no make all/X.

A lot of people bash updates from Jagex but as someone who has played for over 7 years (with several long hiatuses), the game is far more enjoyable and the end-game content looks so sweet.

I have been feeling rather nostalgic lately though. There was just something about those cheesy 3d renderings that just got me, but it turns out that I missed the boat on getting my old rsc account from Jagex. I found an emulation of rsc but I really, really don't want to start a new character. *sigh*

fd1aed0ba2.png

~~~Goals~~~

70 prayer

75 Construction

99 Woodcut

Interesting. Although with your comment about prayer, there were less prayers to use and F2P still have the same problem. However at those low levels, it is still relatively simple to level up to 45, whcih is about as high as you'll ever need.

I'm not an efficienado.

Interesting. Although with your comment about prayer, there were less prayers to use and F2P still have the same problem. However at those low levels, it is still relatively simple to level up to 45, whcih is about as high as you'll ever need.

Yeah, I managed to get 43 prayer from the bone yard. Also, no eating/combat? Really? What stops you? 'o.O

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Yeah, I managed to get 43 prayer from the bone yard. Also, no eating/combat? Really? What stops you? 'o.O

Probably the "you cant do that while in combat" message :lol:

no eating/combat? Really? What stops you? 'o.O

I can't remember if there was a message or not but it's pretty much what FooK-A-Ji said. I was fortunate enough to hide behind something for a breif moment and eat 1 lobby during my fight with Elvarg before she walked around my hiding spot.

Just found a vid on youtube. You could eat but you had to run away first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qaSw49E6LU&feature=player_detailpage

fd1aed0ba2.png

~~~Goals~~~

70 prayer

75 Construction

99 Woodcut

• 1 month later...

But as far as eating goes I never found it irritating in fights, one could spam click food and eat up to 4 slots before a monster/player could attack you again.

In all honesty I disliked eating in combat when rs2 came out hehe.

Also while pking you could prevent your opponent from eating by quickly retreating and re-clicking attack, increasing chances of a 3 hit!

• 10 months later...

Oh lordy, the memories! I think Elrag must have killed me atleast 10 times. I remember trying to kill it once with a R2H, which the eagle-eyed amongst us will realise that means without the dragon breath shield hahahah. When I finally did it, and I remember this well, I woke up early before school to do it, and I did a lot of damage to the dragon before I succumbed to the beast. Alas, I was running back to Port Sarim, when suddenly I was teleported outside the cave in the volcano on Karamja. Someone fought him straight after I did and killed, but because I had done most damage to it, it counted as my kill haha. I bet that guy was annoyed. I was late for school that day because it was imperative I bought my rune plate!

proud owner of bunny ears and scythe (rsc fo lyf)

muska007.png

• 2 months later...