Rise Against: Endgame

Guest Rob

So, Rise Against's new album "Endgame" was released today. What do you guys think of it? I've only heard about half of it (Still listening to it), and I love it so far. I'll update this post when I'm finished listening to it.

Your thoughts on it?

Edit: I finished listening to it. I really like it - The vocals are sort of raw, and they sound un-processed (A good thing). It sort of sounds like a cross between appeal to reason and revoultions per minute, almost. The lyrics in many songs are nothing short of poetic. It's not my favorite album by them so far, but I'm not disapointed.

Meh, I'll probably give it a listen eventually. I didn't like Appeal to Reason and it sounds like they went even further that direction.

Edit: Listened to parts of a few tracks and I'm really disappointed. I don't think I'll ever take the time to fully listen to it to be completely honest.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I've listened to Help is on the Way, Architects, and Make it Stop, and if those are any indication this album seems like it will be just as boring as Appeal to Reason. Savior's the only song I can even listen to off that album any more. And to think that this is the same band that made Revolutions per Minute, Siren Song, and Sufferer and the Witness...

I've listened to Help is on the Way, Architects, and Make it Stop, and if those are any indication this album seems like it will be just as boring as Appeal to Reason. Savior's the only song I can even listen to off that album any more. And to think that this is the same band that made Revolutions per Minute, Siren Song, and Sufferer and the Witness...

Those are actually some of my least favorites off the album - i think the other songs are better than those. I think the album is a step up from Apeal to Reason, but a step down from RPM/SS/SatW

"Make it stop (Children of September)" was pretty good, as was "Sateilites". "Endgame" (The song, not the album name) was good too.

do not, want.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I like Architechs, thank its a real good song. I havn't heard all tracks off the album yet, only about 5, I'll try to get my hands on it though.

From what I hear its better then Appeal to Reason.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Meh, I'll probably give it a listen eventually. I didn't like Appeal to Reason and it sounds like they went even further that direction.

Edit: Listened to parts of a few tracks and I'm really disappointed. I don't think I'll ever take the time to fully listen to it to be completely honest.

full agreement here, except ive listened to the whole thing. you'd probably like my review

I'm really, really disappointed with it. Their best album is still Revolutions, and always will be, judging by the direction they've been taking with the last few albums.

Still, when the tour eventually works its way around to my neck of the woods (won't be until at least August, judging by their tour schedule), I'm gonna be seeing them as often as possible. Seen them twice already, they're one of my very favourite live bands. Tim McIlrath is nothing short of a manic frontman.

Seeing as Rise Against is my favourite band, I've been looking forward to this album a lot.

Then.. Help Is On The Way got realised, I think it sounded okay, but now, 2 months later it just bores me.

Architects however, is I think a good song and along with Satelites and Make It Stop the best of the album.

Overall (Listened to the album like ~10 times now), I'd say it's a decent/good album, but not perfect anymore like Sirens Songs, Sufferer & The Witness, Unraveling and Revo's Per Minute. Not let down, but not happy with the album either.

As for the way they perform it live.. I'd say it's [bleep]ing amazing. (Sadly, the show I went to had a horrible crowd... and worst of all.. Tim was ill, so they played 1h 30m skipped Hero Of War (Which I do not mind, it made me smile to hear like 30 people walking out saying.. 'Why they didn't play hero of war... why!?'). Best song of that night was by far, Alive 'N Well (13 march, tilburg). However, the live broadcast in London @ Electric Ballroom, Tim had gotten better again and Rise Against threw a amazing show. Enjoyed every minute of it, even when they were playing Appeal To Reason songs. Must say, I love the instrumental extra bit in Savior, even though it's for me, the worst Rise Against song.

Oh well, I'll just wait patiently (and hope) for another more raw album, more hardcore!

Seeing as Rise Against is my favourite band, I've been looking forward to this album a lot.

Then.. Help Is On The Way got realised, I think it sounded okay, but now, 2 months later it just bores me.

Architects however, is I think a good song and along with Satelites and Make It Stop the best of the album.

Overall (Listened to the album like ~10 times now), I'd say it's a decent/good album, but not perfect anymore like Sirens Songs, Sufferer & The Witness, Unraveling and Revo's Per Minute. Not let down, but not happy with the album either.

As for the way they perform it live.. I'd say it's [bleep]ing amazing. (Sadly, the show I went to had a horrible crowd... and worst of all.. Tim was ill, so they played 1h 30m skipped Hero Of War (Which I do not mind, it made me smile to hear like 30 people walking out saying.. 'Why they didn't play hero of war... why!?'). Best song of that night was by far, Alive 'N Well (13 march, tilburg). However, the live broadcast in London @ Electric Ballroom, Tim had gotten better again and Rise Against threw a amazing show. Enjoyed every minute of it, even when they were playing Appeal To Reason songs. Must say, I love the instrumental extra bit in Savior, even though it's for me, the worst Rise Against song.

Oh well, I'll just wait patiently (and hope) for another more raw album, more hardcore!

You got tickets to the London show? Lucky bastard.

You got tickets to the London show? Lucky bastard.

Did not. I've seen the live broadcast as I said. :P