Prayer - Summoning

purekilljoy

Ok, here's the deal:

My stats are in my sig. After dnging with DG Sweepers I've really started to see why I would need prayer atleast 92 preferrably 95 ASAP for both DNG and slayer, but I also got a lot of charms banked.

The problem is though, that atm there is no way in hell I'd have the money for 92 prayer, also not enough charms for 96 summoning. I also am not big on camping stuff for money so it would be kind of a slow process. My main money makers are MTK, slayer and farming. (I do the odd clue every couple of days but this will never get me there so we'll just discount that.)

So should I get 92 prayer first or lvl summoning as high as I can? (atm got prob up to lvl 90 summoning charms)

I have a feeling every1 will say prayer, but better safe than sorry. :P

IF it is prayer, then how much is the difference if I do it in my own house as opposed to sum1 elses with burners lit? (I really really like my hunter and constr lvls at 1, but if need be then I can get constr up - what lvl do I need?)

Also, could anyone give me a figure on about how much pray xp could I get from quests? I absolutely loathe questing, but if it is a lot of xp I am missing out on, then I might even do it.

And lastly: are dragon bones the most efficient way to do it, or should I pay more and do frosts or sth? Cause taking into account my effies, I am looking at roughly 20-21k dragon bones for pray 92, which is a lovely 120M+

Thnx a bunch!

Purekilljoy.png

Personally, I've been getting up summoning before prayer because I figure that with 96 summoning I will be able to make the cash for 95 prayer much more quickly. Getting charms isn't too bad because there are a variety of different places you can camp to make sure it doesn't get too boring. Black demons (cannoning), rock lobsters (once they get fixed), both types of waterfiends, black dragons and even TDS all drop decent charms or effigies.

Also once you unlock a yak at frost dragons then getting 95 prayer with their bones is more efficient then with any lower bones.

Edit: Wanted to answer some more. You don't need turm and SS to be good at dung, if you are smart in other ways you can still have more then enough food and not drag your team down.

You can get a boatload of prayer exp from the quest "Blood Runs Deep," I'm not as sure about the other quests though.

And you can use other peoples houses on the party world to level prayer almost as quickly as if you used your own house.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I know that I dont NEED pray 92to be effective at dg per say. But it would also prob speed up my slayer and in the end I want to lvl the skill anyway.

The thing with summoning tho is that I would need about twice as many charms as I have atm.

So I'm thinking - camping frosts with war turtoise for 80M = less time than camping any other mosnter for charms, lvling up summoning to 96 and then camping frosts with a Yak for 80M?

Purekilljoy.png

If you plan on NEVER training up summoning, but realistically, you will want to eventually so you might as well do it first since it will help with your other goals. In the long term you will save time.

And 92 prayer won't speed up slayer, 95 will speed it up.

PM me in game anytime

If you plan on NEVER training up summoning, but realistically, you will want to eventually so you might as well do it first since it will help with your other goals. In the long term you will save time.

And 92 prayer won't speed up slayer, 95 will speed it up.

It will save some time with certain tasks, but that's not the point. The main thing is, that unless im gonna go ahead and do some RWT (which i won't) 95 prayer atm seems a bit too far to aim for, and 92 would be a nice inbewteen point.

Purekilljoy.png

Well it seems to me you came here with your mind already made up to get prayer, best of luck to you with that.

PM me in game anytime

you will need around 120m for 92 prayer and about 200 for 95. My first initial plan was to get 96 summoning but I couldnt be bothered to get the charms, so I just went ahead and have been camping frosts.

Well it seems to me you came here with your mind already made up to get prayer, best of luck to you with that.

No need to get your feelings hurt, it just seems to me that summoning past where I am now will be really useful only when I get to 96. (no need for uni cause I dont MH)

At the same, with prayer every lvl will help with my everyday slaying (pietying) and prayer will be useful at lvl 92. Am I mistaken?

Summoning. End of story.

Eerm, why do you say that, any specific reason? Cause looking at your sig I am kind of under the impression that with your lvls you might not have sufficient knowledge to be giving advice on high lvl slaying, prayer or summoning..

Purekilljoy.png

No need to get your feelings hurt, it just seems to me that summoning past where I am now will be really useful only when I get to 96. (no need for uni cause I dont MH)

At the same, with prayer every lvl will help with my everyday slaying (pietying) and prayer will be useful at lvl 92. Am I mistaken?

You are, it is stupid to give up piety for soul split and the small boost day by day is negligible. In the long term getting prayer first will only waste time, but it's your call.

My feelings don't get hurt, it just pisses me off when people come here with their minds already made up and waste everyones time.

PM me in game anytime

Get a unicorn and go tds for prayer. Continue farming while getting a chaotic maul, rigour and possbily a void set (if you don't already have it).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Get a unicorn and go tds for prayer. Continue farming while getting a chaotic maul, rigour and possbily a void set (if you don't already have it).

This. Also, get 91 summoning for t10 bloodragers. You'll get a lot of blues from TDs, too.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

You are, it is stupid to give up piety for soul split and the small boost day by day is negligible. In the long term getting prayer first will only waste time, but it's your call.

Now THAT was what I was looking for, since I have never used curses I totally neglected the fact that I'd be giving up piety as well. That ofcourse flips pretty much everything upside down.

Thank you for that!

So, summoning it is.

No prayer unless I can afford to go all the way to 95.

Any mods looking - got my answer you can close the topic.

Purekilljoy.png

This. Also, get 91 summoning for t10 bloodragers. You'll get a lot of blues from TDs, too.

TDs prob not gonna happen, I'd rather take a blunt knife and start chopping off my legs than do another one of Jagex's awesome quests. Frosts ofc might be a viabale option.

I'll just go for 91 summoning for now.

Purekilljoy.png

TDs prob not gonna happen, I'd rather take a blunt knife and start chopping off my legs than do another one of Jagex's awesome quests. Frosts ofc might be a viabale option.

I'll just go for 91 summoning for now.

While I agree that most quests are [developmentally delayed]ed, WGS is actually very good, both in terms of lore and content. TDs are really fun, IMO.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

While I agree that most quests are [developmentally delayed]ed, WGS is actually very good, both in terms of lore and content. TDs are really fun, IMO.

I bet they're fun, I'd have a lot of fun with them. BUT in order to do WGS I need 270 qp, atm i'm sitting on 167 or sth. No way in hell I'm gonna ever hit that 270 QP mark. Last time I did like 4 quests for farming i think, like 6 months ago. That was the worst 2 days ever spent on RS. :S

Purekilljoy.png