The Drow Corner

Jehosaphat

Not availible in your country :thumbdown:

Your country doesn't let you get rickrolled off of Youtube? Man, that's harsh.

On a related note - I love April Fool's Day. It's the one day I can troll my brains out, act like a total moron, and tape "Kick me" signs on people's backs AND GET AWAY WITH IT AHAHHAHAHAHAHA I think I'll stop now

a70c7.png

You would think so...though it wouldn't suprise me if you got a knock at the door...

Last but not least, the Mod staff has noticed an increased amount of "trolling" happening on the forums as of late. It use to be considered and handled by the mod staff as "spamming." From now on the staff will be less lenient and users will be granted a lesser amount of warnings before a permanent ban.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

You would think so...though it wouldn't suprise me if you got a knock at the door...

Last but not least, the Mod staff has noticed an increased amount of "trolling" happening on the forums as of late. It use to be considered and handled by the mod staff as "spamming." From now on the staff will be less lenient and users will be granted a lesser amount of warnings before a permanent ban.

What makes you think I'd be stupid enough to do all my once-a-year trolling here? So far, it's just been this thread and a post with a hidden Navi autoplay over in RS General Discussion, and I think that's all I'll do over on TIF.

So all them mods can breathe their sigh of relief and deal with all the more mild trolling going on.

a70c7.png

Depends how people react:

For example, the silly cursor is really ticking me off, not so much because it looks idiotic, but because there is someone out there with the power and inclination to force their will on me, and there is nothing I can do to stop it.

Ergo, I see that they are also planning to take a harsher line with trolling and I think 'Hypocrits'.

I also think:

[hide]

a3Kw5.jpg

[/hide]

:thumbsup:

Archi, I love that game.

Also, stop being such a conspiracist. :P

On the subject of April Fool's, no one is happy with how the plan ended up, including the perpetrators. <_<

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Huzzah! (says series of very very very unladylike "I hate Justin Beiber comments") Anywho, I managed to scare a friend of mine by saying I was moving to Texas next week. I'm not moving to Texas. But I'm slowly dying........

Didn't get pranked either, Ouyso tried by saying he messed something up on the minecraft server, I just told him to fix it himself then he said he was lousy at pranks before I realized he was kidding. That's a double backfire for him. :mrgreen:

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Hahaha. Here's a prank: THE BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!!!! Seriously, everybody knows that the BSD is absolutly bad, and there are ways of making a prank with it. You can easily make the blue screen of death as a desktop backround, get rid of all of the icons, and my dad somehow knows how to get rid of the bar at the bottom of the screen. He pulled it on a coworker of his and it scared the poor guy. Also try a classic like sticking a sticky note on the bottom of a computer mouse. Or make all the keys on a calculator give off a different number. Or, my favorite, sneak into the shower room while someone is in the shower and then dump a cup full of cold water on them over the top of a shower curtain. It's a garenteed scream and laugh session. :thumbsup:

How about taking someones computer, setting Never Gonna' Give You up on repeat, minimizing it, opening task manager, ending explorer[Caution: Executable File], closing task manager and putting the computer on standby? Can be combined with yours by making BSoD the background image. Also, this way the only way to fix it is with Ctrl+ALt+Del or Win+R, which can be avoided by disabling hotkeys.

And the task bar can be hidden by setting it to hide automatically and movinng it to another side.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Hahaha. Here's a prank: THE BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!!!! Seriously, everybody knows that the BSD is absolutly bad, and there are ways of making a prank with it. You can easily make the blue screen of death as a desktop backround, get rid of all of the icons, and my dad somehow knows how to get rid of the bar at the bottom of the screen. He pulled it on a coworker of his and it scared the poor guy. Also try a classic like sticking a sticky note on the bottom of a computer mouse. Or make all the keys on a calculator give off a different number. Or, my favorite, sneak into the shower room while someone is in the shower and then dump a cup full of cold water on them over the top of a shower curtain. It's a garenteed scream and laugh session. :thumbsup:

Wooo guarenteed sexual harassment lawsuit!

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Yes....

A binlid flying up and hitting someone in the mouth is funny, if you are around to see it.

My point is that a blue screen of death, which may get seen over the next 2 days, isn't funny because, unless you stand next to the computer, you won't see them do it...and unless they are imbecilic they won't come up and say 'Oh I was trying to use the computer and it wasn't working, so I tried restarting it and there was a background like the blue screen of death, I sure hope I wasn't pranked, oh well I guess I will just go and retype that unsaved document.'

It is far more likely that they will spend 5 minutes freaking out, then restart the computer, then see it was a prank, then be angry at you for wasting their time on a trivial thing, and even if you saved all their work before setting it up, they will not know that until after you tell them, which will mean, unless they are very good natured, they will shout at you before you have the chance.

So ultimately, its about as funny as a booby trap in a tome.

Its like getting someone's flute, that they haven't played in years, and are unlikely to play for years more, and sticking something in one of the holes. Unless you ask them to play the flute, in which case they may be suspitious given the request, then the likelihood is that it will be some years before your prank goes off, if ever.

And if you ever happen to be working in the same office as me, in a set of highly unlikely circumstances, what will probably happen is that your backups will mysteriously disappear once I discover the deception and I will get you fired(Or more likely I will just get you shouted at because I, like most people, have zero interest in your wellbeing, and am far more concern with not losing my job because next time you really do delete my files thanks to your idiotic prank)...So ultimately the prank is not terribly funny...Slightly funny for about 3 minutes, then its actually not funny at all.

Further, what is the point of disabling hotkeys? I mean, seriously?

Person sits down, person sees the BSoD, you laugh, joke ends.

Not

Person sits down, person sees the BSoD, you laugh, the person frantically tries to recover the documents, you laugh some more, person restarts computer, you laugh some more, person gets you fired, you lose your job, person laughs at you.

Unless you were somekind of imbecil, or don't actually need the job.

If you happen to be their boss then you will almost certainly lose your job, if you run your own bussiness...Police? I would sue you for discrimination, its the only reason I can think of why you would only target me.

I mean its like you are taking the Sticky Note-Mouse thing(Perfectly reasonable practical joke), and supergluing the stickynote to the mouse, then disconnecting the mouse, opening it up and taking the laser or ball out.

Its not funny, its just timeconsuming and socially inept because they have to ask you to fix the problem, and if someone is angry at you, and have to ask you for help then that makes them mad, and mad people tend to get you fired.

Calculators that give off different numbers, again, its over time consuming and requires you to come and fix the problem. Its also not amazingly funny, at best it is snicker worthy.

Last one...I am meh on it. Mainly because I would never shower at work, but mostly because, as Retech said, Sexual Harressment...or even Voyerism:

In the United States, video voyeurism is an offense in nine states and may require the convicted criminal to register as a sex offender

But hey, as long as you get a laugh out of it.

Not anyhow like that, since most computers automatically recover lost documents, Never Gonna Give You up is running so they'll immediatly know it's a prank and of course you don't do that sort of prank on a work computer, a school computer; maybe, but not a work computer.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I completely forgot april fools day, I was going to bring in a large amount of condoms which I was going to place over chairs and objects around the school but I just damn forgot!

Would anybody be willing to answer my question in the back room.

qTLQRuS.png