Tormented demons or dragons with my combat stats?

AHappySeeker

My stats are the only things in question as I am fairly capable of combat against tormented demons without any major mistakes. I recently gained the ability to profit from them as I have finally finished my journey towards 79 summoning but my lack of a chaotic weapon, extremes and other high-level benefits worries me.

This is my loadout for TDs:

Elite Void with melee and ranged helms

Korasi's sword

Rune xbow w/broads

Dragon defender

Ava's Alerter

Dragon boots

Amulet of Glory

Ring of Wealth

I'm currently using super strength and attack, ranged potions, a fire titan and sharks. I am considering initially bring a tortoise loaded with sharks and leaving the titan at the bottom of it to significantly lengthen my journeys, though.

My question is simple. Should I use TDs as primary money-making method or stick to crashing green dragon bots in the Chaos Tunnels?

In case anyone reads this before I change my RSN in my Tip.it profile, my current RSN is "AHappyBunyip".

Tormented Demons would be a better choice IMO because there is a certain feeling, a.k.a d claws and dragon armour lump chances, and otherwise that you can never get with Green Dragons. Sure D Bones are 6k ea, but with so many bots it gets annoying killing the dragons and competing with them at same time.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

I'm not competing with them at all. I'm using them to my advantage by dealing more damage than any bot could deal before moving on to another dragon. I can fill an entire inventory in a couple of minutes.

Remember that I specified "crashing" as my activity of choice. Bots do not gain a single drop when I choose to use them.

I'm not competing with them at all. I'm using them to my advantage by dealing more damage than any bot could deal before moving on to another dragon. I can fill an entire inventory in a couple of minutes.

Remember that I specified "crashing" as my activity of choice. Bots do not gain a single drop when I choose to use them.

You don't have to linger on to what one thing I said in my post. End result, you will make more $ at TDs than Green Dragons.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

The wiki lied to me again? Unimaginable!

Since I have no reason to accept a proposition without evidence, what's your reasoning behind that statement?

Same applies to the wiki. However, I see it as been more credible than nothing due to this particular piece of information having been visibly uncontested for a long period of time.

they are weak to stab, but its negligible enough that its not worth it to use anything but the best DPS weapon. You should also use karils xbow or a hand cannon for range.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

100's of hours of players on this forum testing dps on them. Of course if you dont find them to be a reliable source dont post here for help :thumbup:

I merely made a reasonable request for evidence. I never decried the credibility of this forum's players. Please do not insinuate anything of the sort.

I've switched to using a whip but am sticking with broad bolts due to the huge price leap when switching to anything higher-tier than that. I have also acquired the enhanced excalibur and am now actually having to drop a large amount of my food to accommodate all of my drops. Thank you four the assistance, everyone.

Broad Bolts = Slower kills, more supplies used, less loot over time

Karils Crossbow = Noticeably faster kills, less supplies used, more loot over time

Take your pick, Karils Crossbow is much better.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Yeah, or Karil's. With a whip, though, wielding a ddef can really help. Either setup will be a lot better than broad bolts though. Like the poster above me said, killing demons slower just means spending more prayer potions per kill, which isn't helpful.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Think of it this way- you get one claw drop every 250 kills, and that's 20.6M. That means 82.4k per kill just from claw drops. Figure in armor pieces and general rune drops and that's gotta be at least 110k per kill average, to say nothing of effigies. If you can spend 220k more per hour to just kill 2 more demons, you're breaking even. Karil's doesn't cost very much (probably around 150k per hour) and will almost certainly get you more than an extra 2 kills an hour over broads, so it's worth it.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Quick update. I'm managing 22-28 kills per hour using Karil's and a godsword. Worth continuing?

EDIT: I picked the godsword in the end because it makes inventory and attack style management far easier when used in conjuntion with Karil's. Darklight becomes slightly less accurate but it's not that noticeable.

Quick update. I'm managing 22-28 kills per hour using Karil's and a godsword. Worth continuing?

EDIT: I picked the godsword in the end because it makes inventory and attack style management far easier when used in conjuntion with Karil's. Darklight becomes slightly less accurate but it's not that noticeable.

Every other user here has said to use a whip.

Why the [bleep] would you go out of your way to use a godsword.

If you can't switch, learn to.

You're not going to get better at tds, or anything for that matter, without practise.

Stop being a fool.

Buy a whip.

A whip is much better than a godsword in, almost every, nay, ALL places that i can think of.

Moreover, i have no idea how you're going through a full inventory of sharks and then using a titan to heal.

When i solo tds, i take ONE brew and a steel titan for the combat ability.

One brew is all i need, and that's only for emergencies.

This again is probably why you're only getting 22 kills an hour, (which is very slow). You spend half your time eating rather than fighting.

You need to get better at switching prayers by the sounds of it.

Always switch prayers before switching your armour/weapons.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

I never eat until after a kill while waiting for a respawn and I drop a large number of the sharks for drops. They're there for security since half of the TDs' roars seem to end up with them staying on the same attack and hitting me for 200+ before I can switch my prayer back.

Godswords seem to be better for DPS than a whip with just supers. I originally went with it because I was sick of my ddef flying to the other side of the inv when I switched weapons so a two-handed weapon seemed appropriate. However, if the extra two ticks of attack speed (albeit with a lower total str and accuracy) from a whip really is unanimously agreed upon as being important, then I'll stick with the whip.

Just to confirm, are you sure that 90 attack with super attacks will result in the whip and a ddef being a better overall choice than a godsword?

EDIT: Please don't tell me that your demons consistently change their attack style when roaring. If that's the case, there are some serious issues that I need to look into.

Stats and pot types don't change which weapon is better. Whip is always better.

Demons will ALWAYS change attack style when roaring UNLESS:

A) You had the wrong prayer on when they roared, in which case they stay on the same style, or

B) You're not standing next to them, in which case they might switch to melee, realize they can't reach you, and switch again to either magic or ranged (50% of the time this looks exactly like not switching).

What you should be doing is guessing the next prayer each time they roar and switching your prayer ahead of time.

If they're on melee, guess magic when they roar

If they're on magic, guess ranged when they roar

If they're on ranged, guess magic when they roar

Then after they attack, you can adjust it if you guessed wrong. That way you only get hit by magic specials if they were on magic, and you only get hit once by the new attack style 50% of the time.

Yes, I'm entirely aware of how to switch prayers. If I wasn't, I would even be getting 22 per hour.

Would it help if I recorded a video of a typical trip? I'm not sure where I'm making mistakes since I'm pretty peachy-keen when it comes to prayer and equipment switching.

EDIT: I assumed that a weapon's atk bonus is added to a player's based atk, resulting in players with lower levels and bonuses benefitting more from weapons with higher atk bonuses, therefore making slower but more accurate weapons like godswords worth experimenting with.

A video would be great. My suspicion, though, is that your problem is just having the wrong prayer on sometimes, which would result in the demon not switching styles and also you taking a bunch of damage. Pretty much every time you get hit at TDs, it was a small mistake of some kind. Even the wrong prayer guesses can be avoided if you're FAST- you have a tick (.6 seconds) where you can see what attack was used and still have time to put the right prayer up. That's really hard though.

And yeah, that's not how equipment bonuses work. IIRC there's a lot of interesting info on that sort of thing in Grimy's Spreadsheets on the AoW.

This might sound lazy but I have no idea as to what I'm searching for while you do. Is there any chance of a link of thread title to point me in the right direction? As a rabid efficiency freak, I'd be VERY interested in finding out exactly how equipment bonuses work.