Rogue Trader

Grim_

Koronus_Expanse_of_the_Halo_Stars.jpg

Welcome, you may be questioning why you are here; it is a rather simple matter to be perfectly honest, you are one of the best and brightest in this ship. You alone are tasked to lead the men women and children on the [Redacted] for Emperor, gelt and Imperium. It is your duty, nay your privilege to explore strange new worlds (to dominate, bring under the control of the God-Emperor and abuse for resources and profit), seek out new life (to exterminate) and new civilisations (to steal new technology from)… to boldly go where no man has gone before (primarily because if they do they’ll have their heads bitten off). Under an ancient Warrant of Trade you and your crew will be able to fly beyond the boundaries of the Imperium and explore the vastness of the galaxy, trade, deal and dominate other worlds, alien or no, and create profit for your starship. Under the same warrant and outside the bounds of the Imperium you are given freedom enjoyed only by the greatest Inquisitorial lords as to how you deal with xenos.

Sessions will be done over maptools.

Resources:

Chargen:

[hide]

So character creation:

For each characteristic go here:

http://www.pbegames.com/roller/#theRoller

Enter your Email, then enter Grim's Email underneath(plus anyone else's)

Fill in the summery as 'RT characteristics' or something similar.

Set show results to both

Number of Rolls: 9

Dice Type: 2d10

Rolls per Line: 1

You should get something that looks like this:

[hide]

---- Signed section - include this line ----

Results sent via email and displayed via web.

Summary: Dice rolls generated by Play by Electron Games

--------------------------------------------------

Roll One

Generating 9 rolls of 2d10+25, 1 per line

Comment:

---- Signed section - include this line ----

Signature: 8c2c37cf83e53e60b634a17e4a48031d

To verify: http://www.pbegames.com/verify/

[/hide]

Copy this to notepad and save it, as the email system can be tempermental.

You now have your 9 characteristics.

Then pick out your path on this grid:

[hide]

0cxn7.png

[hide]

You can only go directly down or directly diagonally down, except when choosing a career, which can go any way, as long as you can come up with an explaination of how it all fits together.

(Use of a rulebook is suggested, or...)

[hide]

Worlds:

[hide]

Void Born

Characteristics: S -5, Wil +5; Fate Points: 3 (1-5), 4 (6-10);

Skills: Speak Language (Ship Dialect);

Untrained Basic Skills: Navigation (Stellar) and Pilot (Spacecraft);

Traits: Charmed, Ill-Omened, Void Accustomed

Death World

Characteristics: S +5, T +5, Wil -5, Fel -5;

Wounds: +2; Fate Points: 2 (1-5), 3 (6-10);

Skills: Survival; Traits: Survivor, Paranoid;

Talents: Melee Weapon Training (Primitive), Jaded/Resistance(Poison)

Forge World

Characteristics: WS -5, Int +5, Choose 1(+3WS +3BS +3S +3T +3Ag +3Int +3Per +3Wil +3Fel +3); Wounds: +1;

Fate Points: 2 (1-5), 3 (6-9), 4 (10);

Untrained Basic Skills: Common Lore (Machine Cult), Common Lore (Tech);

Talents: Technical Knock; Traits: Stranger to the Cult

Hive World

Characteristics: T -5, Fel +5; Wounds: +1;

Fate Points: 2 (1-5), 3 (6-8), 4 (9-10);

Traits: Accustomed to Crowds, Hivebound, Wary;

Skills: Speak language (Hive Dialect); Untrained Basic Skills: Tech Use;

Imperial World

Characteristics: Wil +3; Fate Points: 3 (1-8), 4 (9-10);

Untrained Basic Skills: Common Lore (Imperial Creed), Common Lore (Imperium), Common Lore (War), Literacy, Speak Language (High Gothic);

Trait: Blessed Ignorance

Noble Born

Characteristics: Wil -5, Fel +5; Fate Points: 2 (1-3), 3 (4-9), 4 (10);

Talents: Peer (Nobility), Choose one (Peer (Academics)Peer (Adeptus Mechanicus)Peer (Administratum)Peer (Astropaths)Peer (Ecclesiarchy)Peer (Government)Peer (Military)Peer (Mercantile)Peer (Underworld);)

Traits: Vendetta, Legacy of Wealth, Etiquette;

Untrained Basic Skills: Speak Language (High Gothic), Speak Language (Low Gothic), Literacy

[/hide]

Birthright:

[hide]

Scavenger

+Characteristic: Choose one(Wil +3/Ag +3)

+Talent: Choose one(Unremarkable/Resistance (Fear))

+Trauma: Choose one(1d5 Corruption/1d5 Insanity)

Scrape Grace

+Characteristic: Choose one (Int +3/Per +3)

+Skill: Slight of Hand (Basic)

+Trauma: Choose one (1d5 Corruption/1d5 Insanity)

StubJack

+Characteristic: Choose one(WS +5/BS +5), Fel -5

+Talent: Quick Draw; +Skill: Intimidate

+Trauma: 1d5 Insanity

Child of the Creed

+Characteristic: Choose one (Wil +3/Fel +3), WS -3

+Talent: Unshakeable Faith

Savant

+Characteristic: Choose one (Int +3/Fel +3), T -3

Choose one (+Skill: Logic/+Talent: Peer (Academic))

Vaunted

+Characteristic: Choose one(Ag +3/Fel +3), Per -3

+Talent: Decadence; +Trauma: 1d5 Corruption

[/hide]

Lure of the Void

[hide]

Selected: Tainted

Choose one (Random Mutation (table 14-3)/Select Mutation (table 14-3, no higher than 75) for 200xp/2d10 Insanity, +Talent: Peer (the insane), T +3, and Fel -32d10 Insanity/ +Talent: Peer (the insane), T +3, and Fate Point -1Wil +3, +Talent: Enemy (Ecclesiarchy))

Criminal:

Choose one (Enemy (Adeptus Arbites) and Peer (Underworld) / Per+3 and Enemy (Underworld) / Fel-5 and one poor-craftsmanship bionic limb or implant (can become common for 200xp or good for 300xp))

Renegade

Choose one (+Skill: Concealment; +Talent: Enemy (Adeptus Arbites), Resistance (Interrogation)/Int +3, Wil -3; +Talent: Enemy (Ecclesiarchy)/Per +3, Wil -3; +Talent: Enemy (Ecclesiarchy)/+Trauma: Choose one (1d5+1 Corruption/ 1d5+1 Insanity); +Talent: Dark Soul; +Skill: Forbiden Lore (choose)(basic))

Duty Bound

Choose One (Wil+3 and (if you have at least 40 Wil) the Armour of Contempt talent, -10 on tests to interact with sources from beyond the Imperium; / Int+3 or Per+3, -1 groups starting profit factor; / +1 groups profit factor, gain Rival (Rogue Trader family) talent)

Zealot

+10 on Intimidate tests and -10 on Charm tests

Choose one (You have one poor-quality bionic (upgrade to Common for 200xp or Good for 300xp); / Wil+5, Choose one (Fel-5 or 1d10 Insanity); / Fel+5, T-5, gain thePeer (Ecclesiarchy) talent)

Chosen by Destiny

Choose one (gain the Foresight talent, Wil-3, Enemy (academics or ecclesiarchy); / +10 on Fellowships tests when interacting with xenos, Wil-5 on willpower tests involving alien artefacts; / FP+1 and 1d10+1 Insanity)

[/hide]

Trials and Travails

[hide]

The Hand of War

Choose one: (+Talent: Leap Up/Weapon Training)

Choose any one(+Talent: Hatred (Orks/Eldar/Chaos Worshippers/Mutants/The Imperial Guard/The Imperial Navy/Void Pirates)

You avoid dealing with those you hate at all costs. If you must, Fel -10 on all interactions with them. You lash out violently against them at the slightest provocation (Willpower test to negate).

Press-Ganged

+Skill: Choose one (must meet all prereqs), Common Lore (choose).

The thought of inprisonment is horrifying. When threatened or faced with imprisonment, take a Willpower test. If you fail, you lash out violently.

Calamity

+Talent: Light Sleeper, choose one (Hardy/Nerves of Steel)

Reduce your group's starting profit factor by 1

Ship-Lorn

-1 Fate Point. Choose one(+Skill: Survival+/Talent: Dark Soul)

You may re-roll the dice when you spend a Fate Point to recover wounds, but you must accept the new result.

Fel -5 when interacting with other void born or rogue traders that are not personal friends, if they know of your past.

Dark Voyage

Choose one: (+Skill: Forbidden Lore (choose)/+Talent: Resistance (Fear))+Trauma: 1d5 Insanity

High Vendetta

+Skill: Inquiry; +Talent: Choose one (Die Hard/Paranoia)

[/hide]

Motivation

[hide]

Endurance

+1 Wound

Fortune

+1 Fate Point

Vengence:

Talent: Hatred: (Choose)

Renown

Choose one (Air of Authority/Peer (choose))

Pride

Choose one (Random Heirloom Item/T +3)

Prestige

Choose one (Talented (choose)/Peer (choose))

[/hide]

Careers:

[hide]

Astropath Ascendant

Special Abilities: Soul-Bound to the Emperor, Psychic Powers, See Without Eyes

+Skill: Awareness, Common Lore (Adeptus Astra Telepathica), Forbidden Lore (Psykers), Invocation, Psyniscience, Scholastic Lore (Cryptology), Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic)

+Talent: Heightened Senses (Sound), Pistol Weapon Training (Universal), Psy Rating 2

+Gear: Choose one (best-craftsmanship laspistol or best-craftsmanship stub automatic, best-craftsmaship mono-sword or common-craftsmanship shock staff), Guard Flak armor, void suit, charm, microbead, psy-focus

Explorator

Special Ability: Explorator Implants; +Trait: Mechanicus Implants

+Skill: Common Lore (Machine Cult, Tech), Forbidden Lore (Archeotech, Adeptus Mechanicus), Literacy, Logic, Speak Language (Explorator Binary, Low Gothic, Techna-lingua), Tech-Use, Trade (Technomat)

+Talent: Basic Weapon Training (Universal), Melee Weapon Training (Universal), Logis Implant

+Gear: Choose one (boltgun or best-craftsmanship lasgun or good-craftsmanship hellgun), choose one (best-craftsmanship shock staff or good-craftsmanship power axe), enforcer light carapace, multikey, microbead, void suit, injector, sacred unguents, combi-tool, dataslate, one servo-skull familiar

Arch-Militant

Special Ability: Weapon Master

+Skill: Common Lore (War), Dodge, Intimidate, Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis), Secret Tongue (Military), Speak language (Low Gothic)

+Talent: Basic Weapon Training (Universal), Pistol Weapon Training (Universal), Melee Weapon Training (Universal), Thrown Weapon Training (Universal), Sound Constitution

+Gear: Choose one (one good-craftsmanship hellgun OR one best-craftsmanship hunting rifle OR two bolt pistols) one best-craftsmanship mono primitive melee weapon, microbead, void suit, enforcer light carapoace armour, bolt shell keepsake, medikit, manacles, Choose one (data-slate full of wanted bounties OR amrs coffer OR 3 doses of stimm)

Void Master

Special Ability: Mastery of (choose one: Space, Gunnery, Augers, Small Craft)

+Skill: Common Lore (Imperial Navy, War), Forbidden Lore (Xenos), Navigation (Stellar), Pilot (Spacecraft, Flyers), Scholastic Lore (Astromancy), Speak language (Low Gothic)

+Talent: Pistol Weapon Training (Universal), Melee Weapon Training (Universal), Nerves of Steel

+Gear: Choose one (best-craftsmanship mono-sword or common-craftsmanship power sword), Choose one (best-craftsmanship hand cannon or common-craftsmanship bolt pistol, guard flak armour, void suit, microbead, blessed ship token, rebreather, imperial navy uniform or beggar's cloak, 2 bottles of amasec, pict-recorder, vox-caster

Missionary

Special Ability: Pure Faith;

+Skill: Common Lore (Imperial Creed, Imperium), Forbidden Lore (Heresy), Medicae, Scholastic Lore (Imperial Creed), Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic)

+Talent: Basic Weapon Training (Universal), melee weapon training (universal), Pure Faith, Unshakeable Faith

+Gear: Choose one (good-craftsmanship chainsword or best-craftsmanship staff), Choose one (good-craftsmanship flamer or best-craftsmanship lasgun), best-craftsmanship guard flak armour, ecclesiarchical robes, aquila pendant, sephulcre, censer and incense, microbead

Seneschal

Special Ability: Seeker of Lore

+Skill: Barter, Commerce, Common Lore (Underworld), Deceive, Evaluate, Forbidden Lore (Archeotech), Inquiry, Literacy, Speak Language (Low Gothic, Trader's Cant)

+Talent: Basic Weapon Training (Universal), Pistol Weapon Training (Universal)

+Gear: Choose one (best-craftsmanship hellpistol or common-craftsmanship inferno pistol), choose one (best-craftsmanship hellgun or common-craftsmanship boltgun), xeno-mesh armour, autoquil, dataslate, microbead, multikey, two sets of robes, synskin, chrono, cameleoline cloak

Navigator

Special Abilities: Warp Eye, The Boons of Lineage, Navigator Mutations

+Skill: Common Lore (Navis Nobilite), Foridden Lore (Navigators, Warp), Literacy, Navigation (Stellar, Warp), Scholastic Lore (Astromancy), Speak language (High Gothic, Low Gothic)

+Talent: Navigator, Pistol Weapon Training (Universal)

+Gear: Choose one (best-craftsmanship hellpistol or good-craftsmanship hand cannon), best-craftsmanship metal staff, best-craftsmanship xeno-mesh armour, Emperor's tarot deck, silk headscarph, charm, microbead, Nobilite robes

Rogue Trader

Special Ability: Exceptional Leader

+Skill: Command, Commerce, Charm, Common Lore (Imperium) Evaluate, Literacy, Scholastic Lore (Astromancy), Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic)

+Talent: Air of Authority, Pistol Weapon Training (Universal), Melee Weapon Training (Universal)

+Gear: Choose one (best-craftsmanship laspistol or good-craftsmanship hand cannon or common-craftsmanship plasma pistol), Choose one (best-craftsmanship mono sword or common-craftsmanship power sword), microbead, void suit, set of fine clothing, xeno-pelt cloak, Choose one (best-craftsmanship enforcer light carapace or storm trooper carapace)

[/hide]

[/hide]

Once you have done all that, post your completed Origin Path, preferably with other people's paths also included, and then look for 'intersections', aka where lines meet. These occasions give you a point of commonality, like being press-ganged to the same ship.

This is one of the ways to flesh out your character to more than just the stats (and descriptions of the classes if you have read the manual)

Next, ask yourself six questions:

What is Your Demeanour?

Why Are You a Leader Aboard a Rogue Trader Vessel?

Why Does the Koronus Expanse Call to You?

What Will You Sacrifice for Success?

What Is Your Ambition?

What Are Your Hatreds?

[/hide]

[/hide]

TO BE CLEAR, YOU START WITH 4500 EXPERIENCE THAT MUST BE SPENT.

Equipment aquisition modifiers:

[hide]

Availability Modifier Example

Ubiquitous +70 Ration Pack

Abundant +50 Knife

Plentiful +30 Void Suit

Common +20 Lasgun

Average +10 Micro-bead

Scarce +0 Demolition Charge

Rare –10 Krak Grenade

Very Rare –20 Heavy Bolter

Extremely Rare –30 Digital Weapon

Near Unique –50 Tempest Bolt Shells

Unique –70 Archeotech Power Armour

Scale Modifier Example

Negligible +30 Single Man

Trivial +20 Squad (3–5)

Minor +10 Platoon (10–30)

Standard +0 Company (50–100)

Major –10Regiment (500–1,000)

Significant –20 Division (2,000–5,000)

Vast –30 Army (10,000+)

Craftsmanship Modifier Example

Poor +10 Corpse Starch Ration Pack

Common +0 Typical Clothing

Good –10 Finely Crafted, ForgeWorld Bolter

Best –30 Exquisite Power Sword with Noble Family Crest

[/hide]

Maptools(Note we will be using 1.3.b81):

http://www.rptools.n...wnloads#MapTool

Token packs that I may or may not be using:

Rule book:

Pm me for where to buy it

LNYvk.png

33 weapon skil

41 Ballistic Skill

35 Strength

39 constituion

42 Dexterity

41 Intelligence

38 Perception

43 Will

29 Fellowship

ForgeWorld (-5 WS +5 INT)

Child Of The Creed (+3 WIl)

Duty Bound (+3 Wil -10 interact with sources beyond imperium)

Ship-Lorn -1 FP(May reroll), -5 FE(when interacting with other void born or rogue traders that are not personal friends, if they know of your past) Survival+

Pride Random Heirloom Item

Astropath Ascendant

+Skill: Awareness, Common Lore (Adeptus Astra Telepathica), Forbidden Lore (Psykers), Invocation, Psyniscience, Scholastic Lore (Cryptology), Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic)

+Talent: Heightened Senses (Sound), Pistol Weapon Training (Universal), Psy Rating 2

+Gear: Choose one (best-craftsmanship laspistol or best-craftsmanship stub automatic, best-craftsmaship mono-sword or common-craftsmanship shock staff), Guard Flak armor, void suit, charm, microbead, psy-focus

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

33 weapon skil

41 Ballistic Skill

35 Strength

39 constituion

42 Dexterity

41 Intelligence

38 Perception

43 Will

29 Fellowship

ForgeWorld (-5 WS +5 INT)

Child Of The Creed (+3 WIl)

Duty Bound (+3 Wil -10 interact with sources beyond imperium)

Ship-Lorn -1 FP(May reroll), -5 FE(when interacting with other void born or rogue traders that are not personal friends, if they know of your past) Survival+

Pride Random Heirloom Item

Astropath Ascendant

You're going to need to spend 4500 experience and choose some psychic powers to boot.

LNYvk.png

I'm out. Sorry, but no SRD, and a system that looks more tossed-together and complicated than Pathfinder is simply unapproachable.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I'm out. Sorry, but no SRD, and a system that looks more tossed-together and complicated than Pathfinder is simply unapproachable.

System is percentile based with little to no classes (it requires the book [which I have bought or someone copy and pasting a massive number of charts) and using experience to buy things. Also I thought you were not going to play anyways because "You are better than us" and "shouldn't waste your time on the internet but work to improve your life".

LNYvk.png

#-o

That was D&D, though I suppose this game could have the same problems.

I never said I was better than you, and I do wish I'd pick up my own lazy ass and wander around town taking pictures or something. Photography is one of the few outdoor activities I find very interesting, I've got some really cool sky pictures.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

For reference:

Profit rating is 41

Ship:

Name: The Prince Regent

Class: Sword

Speed: 8

Manoeuvrability: +20

Detection: +25

Hull Integrity: 35

Turret Rating: 2

Shields: 1

Armour: 18

EC:

Class 2 Engine

Warp Drive

Warpsbane

Geller Field

Void Shield

Clemency Pattern Life Sustainers

Clan Kin Quarters

SC:

Rune Caster

Teleportium

Emergency Field

Deep Void Auger

Complication:

Martial Hubris

History:

Xenophilious

Background Package:

Reaver of Unbeholden Reaches

Weapons:

Sunsear Laser Battery *2

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

• 2 weeks later...

How many people play this, and is there any LEGAL way I can figure out how to play this without wasting my lack of money on books?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

To summarize the session for icu:

The crew of the Prince Regent set out from Port Wander to Lucin's Breath to satisfy the requirements of their contract. That is to say they needed to bring mining supplies to the world. After a quick stop at the Hermitage they picked up an Archeologist Calixis Jones, who had a proposition. He has a contact in Silverhammer who found a massive trove of artefacts, both archeotech and relics that could only be sold on the cold trade and he needed passage on a ship, as payment he was willing to split the artefacts 50/50 with the rogue trader in question. After picking up Dr. Jones they made their way to Lucin's breath and delivered their cargo to the winterscale dynasty, who had been embroiled in war with the Chordan dynasty for five years over the deposites of Nephium (A promethium additive) on the planet. They then decided to take a mission from a winterscale representative to discover just what was going on in the cities built by the dead xenos around the Nephium pools and why workers kept disappearing from them.

LNYvk.png

• 2 weeks later...