Range Slaying?

Xems

Well I've finally began my goal of 99 slayer; but most guides for slayer doesn't apply to me considering I'm a range tank. I did find a decent slayer guide with a short ranging section added to it here on TIF but I was hoping someone could give any further advise.

I realize most people are melee slayers, but any thing you can add for ranging may be helpful.

My Stats relating to Slayer:

110415171825.png 110415171901.png 110415171949.png 110415172008.png 110415172110.png 110415172049.png

So I extreme range pot everything; I cannon any task that I can.

My Slayer gear is:

Full slayer helm

Armadyl top

Armadyl skirt

Barrows gloves

Snake skin boots (can afford rangers, just waiting for it to fall in price)

Fury

Wealth/Furocious ring

Ava's accumulator

Chaotic Xbow/Magic Short/ Dragon Darts (depends on task)

DFS/Zammy book (depends on task)

Broad bolts/Rune arrows (depends on task)

Current Perm block list:

Jungle Strykewyrm

Desert Strykewyrm

Terror Dogs

Skeletal Wyvern

Not enough Quest Points for 5th

Canceled list:

Living Rock Creatures

WaterFiends (sometimes)

I haven't unlocked Aquanties

Haven't done quest for Warped Terrorbirds or Torts

Haven't done quest for mutated Bloodvelds

Dragon Darts on:

Aberrant Spectres

Bloodvelds

Blue Dragon (cannon)

Dust Devils (cannon)

Fire Giant (cannon)

Greater Demons

Gargoyles

Hellhound (cannon)

Kalphite (cannon)

Spiritual Mage

Magic Shortbow on:

Abyssal Demon

Black Demon (cannon)

Suqah (cannon)

Chaotic Crossbow on:

Black Dragon (cannon)

Iron Dragon

Mithril Dragon

Steel Dragon

So any information that you can add or I should change to my current method would be great.

Some questions I already had:

Should I switch to regular prayers and spend the extra money to rigour all my task?

Is my current perm list okay?

Should I cancel any other task?

Ring of Wealth or Archer's Ring?

Once again, any advise is much appreciated; Thanks.

2496.png

104273167.png

A very well written thread you have made here.

Your perm list looks fine, just make sure not to unlocked Aquanties or do the quest for Warped Terrorbirds or Torts. I have never personally unlocked the Aquanties but from those who have I have heard nothing good from them. As for the warped...they are just a pain in the ass and I had to add them to my Perm list.

I would suggest you wear an Archer ring unless you care more about drops than speed. Personally I still made plenty of money from slayer w/o a ROW, granted however I got 99 slayer before the ROW update.

Everything else looks fine, you could get an Ava's alerter but that does require a bit of questing on your part.

sigre4.png
999r.png

A very well written thread you have made here.

Your perm list looks fine, just make sure not to unlocked Aquanties or do the quest for Warped Terrorbirds or Torts. I have never personally unlocked the Aquanties but from those who have I have heard nothing good from them. As for the warped...they are just a pain in the ass and I had to add them to my Perm list.

I would suggest you wear an Archer ring unless you care more about drops than speed. Personally I still made plenty of money from slayer w/o a ROW, granted however I got 99 slayer before the ROW update.

Everything else looks fine, you could get an Ava's alerter but that does require a bit of questing on your part.

Thank you,

Yes, I've heard the same about Aquanties and those two Warped tasks, luckily I never unlocked them in the past :^_^:

Speed is more important to me, so I'll go ahead and upgrade to an Archer's ring, as you've stated, I'm sure I'll do just fine without the Row.

As the above poster mentioned I should do, I'll now rigour every task, Thanks!

From what I remember when glancing at the quest when it first came out, I think one of the pre quests required or rewarded lots of attack or strength xp which I shy away from.

Edit: one of the prequest rewards 7k strength xp, so I may go ahead and do the quest for Ava's alerter. Thanks!

2496.png

104273167.png

Oops, yeah I meant Ava's alerter; Edited it.

Oh yeah, the cannon and I are best friends lol. I cannon any task possible :thumbsup:

I went ahead and added all the task that I cannon.

2496.png

104273167.png

just want to say that you think just like me in that you keep your melees equal combat with your mage/range cbl wise :thumbsup:

never really came across anyone like me who keeps thier melee/mage/and range equal even when maxed

Back to original thread, cannon everything and replace msbow with karils xbow, keeping msbow for special

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Back to original thread, cannon everything and replace msbow with karils xbow, keeping msbow for special

If you were going to keep a weapon just to spec wouldn't a Dark Bow be a better spec weapon than a msbow?

Hmm, someone else suggested a Karils xbow which means I could replace the accumulator for a Soul wars cape on those task, but is Karils xbow cost effecient where it greatly speeds up the task like a cannon would? Basically would the Bolt racks put a great dent in my bank gp wise lol? or is it nothing compared to the price of cannoning task?

And a Dark bow for the Spec would make sense if I did that; would using up an Invent spot for the Bow + arrows be worth it?

2496.png

104273167.png

I think the X Bow would be worth it, although I dunno how pricey it actually is. I wouldn't bother with a dark bow for spec because your changing weapon and ammo just for one special.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Should I switch to regular prayers and spend the extra money to rigour all my task?If you have the money yes

Is my current perm list okay?looks ok

Should I cancel any other task?If you want more effigys cancel/block spirtual mages

Ring of Wealth or Archer's Ring?Archers ring since range is slow

Do quest for mutated bloodvelds so you can cannon

Same for abby specs

Karil's crossbow is certainly worth it. You should also use rune bolts with your ccbow, or diamonds on mithril dragons even.

You probably want to cannon irons and steels w/ ccbow OR use kxbow in Kuradal's.

Don't do waterfiends or spiritual mages.

Tasks you use a soul wars cape on, you can use an amulet of ranging. You don't need much prayer bonus.

Unlock mutated bloodvelds if you can, they are great xp & effigies with cannon + ranged, too.

Do No Evil unlocks a better kalphites spot, might want to get that. Also, cannon greater demons in the wilderness.

I am not totally sure whether kxbow is better than dragon darts on some tasks you posted, can't help you there.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted