What have I missed? (2 years inactive)

darkspyder4

In terms of NON MEMBERS, is there anything that I have missed significantly during the years of 2009-2010?

Examples including quests, trading items, places, and etc.

Im hoping to go back into this game since I was a fan of the whole mining and smithing business.

Any info is appreciated.

"Nothing's ever easy- I just make it look that way"

Romeo and Juliet was replaced with a new quest. Lumbridge/Draynor now have Tasks you can do and you can complete 4 levels of tasks to ultimately obtain the Explorer Ring which gives you a handy tele spot south of fally. The clan camp is a good tool for f2pers and p2pers alike that was just recently released.

Uhhh..

Ah hell just read here:

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/2008

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/2009

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/2010

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/2011

>_>

hzvjpwS.gif

jublex has also totally given up on banning bots in the 2 years that you have taken off so that will affect all your ftp training.

They haven't given up. They just can't keep up. So gathering skills on f2p are even worse than before. The only thing largely unchanged in pricing is probably coal mining, but that's hardly worth the effort to begin with.

hzvjpwS.gif

jublex has also totally given up on banning bots in the 2 years that you have taken off so that will affect all your ftp training.

They haven't given up. They just can't keep up. So gathering skills on f2p are even worse than before. The only thing largely unchanged in pricing is probably coal mining, but that's hardly worth the effort to begin with.

When 30% of active players in the game are bots, I call that giving up. The program for a runescape bot is so fragile that even the slightest change in game code will throw all the bots off. Jagex could kill the bot industry in 1 hour if the wanted to. But that's the problem, they don't want to. If they kill bots I figure they would lose around 300,000$ (usd) per month. From an economic standpoint that isn't worth it.

Not to mention java coders are a dime a dozen these days and I know tons of people who would write a bot catch program for free. Jagex just doesn't care.

chrisman638.png

When 30% of active players in the game are bots, I call that giving up. The program for a runescape bot is so fragile that even the slightest change in game code will throw all the bots off. Jagex could kill the bot industry in 1 hour if the wanted to. But that's the problem, they don't want to. If they kill bots I figure they would lose around 300,000$ (usd) per month. From an economic standpoint that isn't worth it.

Not to mention java coders are a dime a dozen these days and I know tons of people who would write a bot catch program for free. Jagex just doesn't care.

Please don't post your opinion as fact.

You look like a fully fledged fool.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

Please don't post your opinion as fact.

You look like a fully fledged fool.

It's not an opinion.

sources: CT green drags, living rocks, ess mine, yew trees, rune ore, chins, fishing guild. Need I continue?

200 bots per world(at least). idk how many p2p worlds there are. we will say 75. 6 bucks each. Thats 90g per month.

Dont close your eyes to the facts. Unless you ride jagex's you know what to try and get p mod theres no reason to not say bots are a problem. Either that or you dont play the game.

Bots are the biggest problem in game. They DO NOT ban bots. huh... Now they even let you buy your account back. And they say its not all about the money.....

chrisman638.png

They DO NOT ban bots.

Last week they did a mass bot banning and many people saw increases in their ranks for skills like strength and such by about 40k. So again, I reiterate: they DO ban them, but banning them has basically a hydra effect or we would be seeing a decrease by now.

If you have your own conclusions to draw from that, by all means go make a discussion thread about it. That's the place for interpretations. But if someone is looking for advice, please don't give your conclusions as the God's honest truth.

hzvjpwS.gif

This is waaaay off topic.

On topic free to play got maples to cut via dungeoneering resource dungeons.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

1: Dungeoneering

2: New dungeoneering updates

3: Free trade and wilderness

4: Ability to choose items kept on death

5: A economy that is a stable as a terrorist in a nuclear powerplant

6: Hitpoints is now called constitution (this may have been in before you left)

7: Changes to hit damage and HP levels ( Say, if before your max hit was 26, now it would be 260). Someone with 99HP would now have 990 HP, and this has been implemented into monsters as well to make it equal.

5: A economy that is a stable as a terrorist in a nuclear powerplant

haha lol

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

I honestly think the world map has been the exact same since you left....which is majorly disappointing to say the least.

I was actually thinking about making a thread about that. This is kinda why I hate quests... they recycle old areas of the map that are usually a pain in the backside to get to, make you teleport/walk/run around other places you otherwise wouldn't go, collect low level items like bronze wire and marentil herbs (or however its spelled), and all you get in return is a few exp (which is usually the good part), and access to some 20x20 square area that is underground half the time, and generally provides no benefit. If the area does provide a benefit (such as a resource, or more of a popular npc), it came so long after it was needed that it spread out traffic from other resources just enough to not make a difference...

But the wildy is back, and the GE is still useful at the same time :thumbsup:

Steviej.png

My account spent most of the last 10 months "locked"