Which combat 99 should I get first?

Guest Roast

Guest Roast

After getting my 3rd skill to level 99, fishing, which I should have by the end of the week, I'm planning on getting a combat 99 as I will have 3 other 99s but only be level 112 combat. I'm just wondering which would be the most useful to get and how I would go about getting it. My current stats are:

87 attack

85 strength (well I'm 5 minutes off 85 strength)

81 defence

84 constitution

112 combat

Which of those would be the most beneficial for me to get 99 in first, where should I train at for the best xp/hour and what weapon I should use to train with? (I don't have any chaotics.)

I was wondering whether I should get it through soul wars, bandits, ape guards, armoured zombies or some other method, and which one of those would have the highest xp/hour and will not cost me too much in supplies. I am willing to buy a specific weapon to get 99 with, although I don't have chaotics. I'm looking for the best combat skill to get 99 in first, and the most efficient way to train it. That's why I posted my thread in the efficient help and advice section.

Thanks.

After getting my 3rd skill to level 99, fishing, which I should have by the end of the week, I'm planning on getting a combat 99 as I will have 3 other 99s but only be level 112 combat. I'm just wondering which would be the most useful to get and how I would go about getting it. My current stats are:

87 attack

85 strength (well I'm 5 minutes off 85 strength)

81 defence

84 constitution

112 combat

Which of those would be the most beneficial for me to get 99 in first, where should I train at for the best xp/hour and what weapon I should use to train with? (I don't have any chaotics.)

I was wondering whether I should get it through soul wars, bandits, ape guards, armoured zombies or some other method, and which one of those would have the highest xp/hour and will not cost me too much in supplies. I am willing to buy a specific weapon to get 99 with, although I don't have chaotics. I'm looking for the best combat skill to get 99 in first, and the most efficient way to train it. That's why I posted my thread in the efficient help and advice section.

Thanks.

I know I'm not one to talk about even stats but maybe try getting stength, defence and attack to 90 then maybe try and get one to 99. I say try Attack as a first 99 using a whip and dragon defender because it should go fast. All those place execpt Soul wars sound great, but be ready to fight the crowds, also maybe try some slayer to break up the endless grind on a single monster.

orlyn.png

youry.png

I believe it's most efficient to get them in the order strength>attack>defence. I know you said you don't have a chaotic but I really feel I should encourage you to start and to get a rapier as it is a massive improvement over the next best choice of weapon (which I believe is the saradomin sword unless I'm forgetting something - it could also potentially be korasi's sword). As far as I'm aware, armoured zombies are the best xp/hr but you can also consider zombie monkeys (below the gorillas on ape atoll) as semi-afk training (you need to use protect from melee but if you use full prayer gear your prayer lasts for ages and still get very good xp). That said, I highly recommend slayer, it's not the fastest method but the xp you get is still good and you'll make alot more money than you would by the other methods you've mentioned. Also, make sure you always use at least super attack/strength pots while training, they're well worth it. A poisoned dragon dagger is also a good weapon for it's special attack if you don't own claws.

ichigosig2da4.jpg

Armoured Zombies

Attack to 90 using Whip + D Defender

Str to 99 using Korasi + D Defender

Defence to 92 using Whip + D Defender

Attack to 99 using Whip + D Defender

Defence to 99/HP 99 using Whip + D Defender

What... why?

Attack to 80 with a whip, get a chaotic rapier, strength to 99, then attack to 99, then defence to 99, all with slayer assuming you value slayer xp. If you don't, strength > attack > defence on monkey skeletons with Dharok's. It may be worth getting an attack level if your strength level is a lot higher than your attack (due to xp differences, the attack level would offer more dps increase per time) but that's really only an issue with slayer as you fight some higher defence stuff.

Get piety before training seriously.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

As attack has diminishing returns, and defense doesn't increase your DPS, you should get strength first. If you value slayer xp, do it via slayer, getting 70 prayer and a rapier first. If you don't value slayer xp, effigies, or charms, do it at zombie monkeys with dh, getting piety and a swamp titan first. If you value summoning xp, but not slayer or effigies, do it at water fiends, with either DH or void+cmaul. If you value summoning xp and effigies, but not slayer xp, do it at black demons (with cannon if you want range xp, in CT with swamp titan if you don't), get piety and a rapier first.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png