The annoying Pest Queen

chonchoso

ok, since Nomad came into the picture, my quest cape is getting spider webs stored in my house, im in desperate need of getting it back but nomad seems a bit too far by now..

the problem that comes into my hands now is the pest queen, after having done all the(important/hard) quests( still missing a few but will do them with no difficulty hopefully), i am facining a more annoying thing that MEP2. Ive tried two times, each with kinda differnt inventory but i want to know if its possible for me to kill it( i only managed to deal half her hp in the second try). if you can suggest an inventory or a tactic that would be great. If ya want to shatter my dream of getting me quest cape back then feel free >_<

the inventory i used( they were mostly the same except by the amount of brews)

tortoise filled with rocktails a kyat and ambush scrolls

around 7 sara brews

6 super restores

and the rest rocktails and a home tablet >_>

as for the equipment

Helm of neit

fury

black dragonhide(chaps and body)

barrow gloves

spirit shield

explorers ring3

bandos boots

koraski sword( i didnt use whip)

ardy cape 3(hard)

chonchoso.png

Quest Cape achieved on 27/4/09but nomad is preventing me to get it back...

New-wave tried to destroy the metal, but the metal had its way

Grunge then tried to dethrone the metal, but metal was in the way

Punk-rock tried to destroy the metal, but metal was much too strong

Techno tried to defile the metal, but techno was proven wrong

Yea!Metal!

It comes from hell!

Mayhaps if you didn't bring bandos boobs... (ya i saw that before you edited)

As for advice, I killed it at 102 using about the same food but ranging it and prayer mage (I think it was mage...) And I made it out with food left over. I used a rune c'bow and broads to kill it and speced whenever necessary.

Good luck to you mate.

Untitled-2.jpg

Mayhaps if you didn't bring bandos boobs... (ya i saw that before you edited)

As for advice, I killed it at 102 using about the same food but ranging it and prayer mage (I think it was mage...) And I made it out with food left over. I used a rune c'bow and broads to kill it and speced whenever necessary.

Good luck to you mate.

lol I was thinking bout other things when i wrote it..

range lvl?

chonchoso.png

Yea!Metal!

It comes from hell!

First of all you don't need that many brews/restores and your ratio is off. You should have at max 3:1 brew to super restores or 4:1 regular restores.

For your set up void with deflector + barrows gloves or d defender if you don't have a deflector would be better.

Besides that make sure you spec on her charge attack every time. When she spawns defilers attack them to aggro them and then run to the opposite side of the queen again to attack, they can't attack you through her and they wont attack your allys anymore. Once your allies are numerous enough to kill the healers before they can touch her more than once its easy. Prot melee as void has good mage defense and she isn't horribly accurate.

If you go with brews and restores/super restores then don't bother with super (extreme) sets. If you go rocktails bring them. Mobile phone means I can't see your stats if they are in your sig but if you have spec restores bring 1-2 as korasi's spec is the best way to finish her off fast once her healers are no longer an issue.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

You're fine.

One thing you should do is not waste your spec.

Just spec the queen right before her special attack and just normally attack her otherwise.

Don't try to take out her hp but rather keep killing the defilers as they spawn.

You'll know when it's time to kill her (i.e you have a bajillion archers and they're doing 60 damage per hit)

capt%20kevin.png

First of all you don't need that many brews/restores and your ratio is off. You should have at max 3:1 brew to super restores or 4:1 regular restores.

For your set up void with deflector + barrows gloves or d defender if you don't have a deflector would be better.

Besides that make sure you spec on her charge attack every time. When she spawns defilers attack them to aggro them and then run to the opposite side of the queen again to attack, they can't attack you through her and they wont attack your allys anymore. Once your allies are numerous enough to kill the healers before they can touch her more than once its easy. Prot melee as void has good mage defense and she isn't horribly accurate.

If you go with brews and restores/super restores then don't bother with super (extreme) sets. If you go rocktails bring them. Mobile phone means I can't see your stats if they are in your sig but if you have spec restores bring 1-2 as korasi's spec is the best way to finish her off fast once her healers are no longer an issue.

Ill go get full void and try once again, after i get some more cash for it thx.

Also, would ranging her be wise? If so, what bolts should i use?

chonchoso.png

Yea!Metal!

It comes from hell!

Id advise against ranging because

1) melee is better dps unless your range level is much much higher than your melee stats.

2) there is much less risk of missing your spec to stop her charge attack

Inb4christman638callsmeatroll

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

You're fine.

Just spec the queen right before her special attack and just normally attack her otherwise.

Don't try to take out her hp but rather keep killing the defilers as they spawn.

You'll know when it's time to kill her (i.e you have a bajillion archers and they're doing 60 damage per hit)

I'm pretty sure you don't kill the defilers and just attack them then trap them around the queen.

Staurolite.png

You're fine.

I'm pretty sure you don't kill the defilers and just attack them then trap them around the queen.

? No, if you don't kill the defilers - they range your archers to death.

I don't think it's possible for you alone to out dps the healing of the pest larvae/drone whatever thingy-ma-bob that only the archers can target.

capt%20kevin.png

You're fine.

I don't think it's possible for you alone to out dps the healing of the pest larvae/drone whatever thingy-ma-bob that only the archers can target.

All is Great is right, you shouldn't kill them, only trap them. Or else theyll respawn

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

You're fine.

All is Great is right, you shouldn't kill them, only trap them. Or else theyll respawn

Where would you even trap them?

They'll just range your rangers to death.

I don't know how it was, but I just did it this weekend (on Saturday night/Sunday morning). I was fine just killing them as soon as they spawned. With your special attack costing only 20%, I found it easy to just spec them when it came out and drink a special attack restore if needed.

capt%20kevin.png

You're fine.

I don't know how it was, but I just did it this weekend (on Saturday night/Sunday morning). I was fine just killing them as soon as they spawned. With your special attack costing only 20%, I found it easy to just spec them when it came out and drink a special attack restore if needed.

You trap them either behind or on the opposite side of the queen, wherever you are standing.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

You're fine.

You trap them either behind or on the opposite side of the queen, wherever you are standing.

Correct, if you attack them then trap them their attention stays on you and they dont attack your archers.

Spikestr1ke.png