rapier or cls at bandos

theking628

It depends on whether or not you're maxed with turmoil, overloads, yak, own a divine etc.

http://grimy.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=72&view=unread#unread

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

I do not have any calculations, but this is based on my own personal experience.

At Bandos a CLS will generally outclass a Rapier and D defender, 9/10 anyway assuming the rest of the gear is more or less the same. For the minions unless CLS gets a nice 400+ in the first hit it's usually faster to use a rapier. So with Overloads and Turmoil a CLS is the better choice for more and faster kills per trip.

4sDIn.png

I do not have any calculations, but this is based on my own personal experience.

At Bandos a CLS will generally outclass a Rapier and D defender, 9/10 anyway assuming the rest of the gear is more or less the same. For the minions unless CLS gets a nice 400+ in the first hit it's usually faster to use a rapier. So with Overloads and Turmoil a CLS is the better choice for more and faster kills per trip.

Really? From my experience it was more like 55% in favour of rapier, though only a 50ish kill sample with a friend ffa'ing. But still, 90% in favour of cls is way too exaggerated.

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

Luckily for us many many people have done calculations and you are incorrect. A maxed character with rapier+defender will get more kills and faster kills per trip than a cls+defender. You have now been informed and any further posting of cls being definitively better than a rapier at bandos will be considered trolling.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Tiezen

I'm pretty sure that link you posted shows cls being slightly better, once you do the calculations

The link I posted shows the cls is more accurate. In the best situations the cls is less than 2% better than the rapier which is not definitive at all, doesn't take into account overkill hits, and only includes graar. When you factor in the fastor minion kills and therefore better soul split healing (while they're dead they arent damaging you and you get to save prayer) the rapier is better. Saying the cls wins 9/10 based off of personal observation (aka he thinks its that and has never actually tested it so he pulled the figure out of his ass) is just silly and has no place in H&A from a fun or an efficiency standpoint.

witchynosaur.png

Tiezen

I'm pretty sure that link you posted shows cls being slightly better, once you do the calculations

The link I posted shows the cls is more accurate. In the best situations the cls is less than 2% better than the rapier which is not definitive at all, doesn't take into account overkill hits, and only includes graar. When you factor in the fastor minion kills and therefore better soul split healing (while they're dead they arent damaging you and you get to save prayer) the rapier is better. Saying the cls wins 9/10 based off of personal observation (aka he thinks its that and has never actually tested it so he pulled the figure out of his ass) is just silly and has no place in H&A from a fun or an efficiency standpoint.

The minion kills are slightly faster yes, can be quite drastic if cls decides to hit low multiple times, but it will give you faster boss kills and thats generally when you take the most damage. As for saving prayer you generally get enough res drops to cover that, as well as the altar every 10 minutes. The reason I am favouring cls in this situation is because if someone is attempting to crash you and you have similar gear/stats, both using claws etc then you will still be able to get the boss kill 9/10. Although you will probably only get 1-2 minion kills.

I have tested this a few times when people have tried to crash me, and failed so no I did not pull it out of my ass (that doesn't seem very fun tbh :o) and finally if you want to see bigger hits, go the cls. Theres your fun standpoint.

4sDIn.png

Tiezen

The minion kills are slightly faster yes, can be quite drastic if cls decides to hit low multiple times, but it will give you faster boss kills and thats generally when you take the most damage. As for saving prayer you generally get enough res drops to cover that, as well as the altar every 10 minutes. The reason I am favouring cls in this situation is because if someone is attempting to crash you and you have similar gear/stats, both using claws etc then you will still be able to get the boss kill 9/10. Although you will probably only get 1-2 minion kills.

I have tested this a few times when people have tried to crash me, and failed so no I did not pull it out of my ass (that doesn't seem very fun tbh :o) and finally if you want to see bigger hits, go the cls. Theres your fun standpoint.

Quit using the line about it being painful to pull this info out of your ass. It wasn't funny the first time. The fact is the 9/10 is blatant misinformation. Many many people have checked cls vs rapier with maxed stats on these forums with actual tests and shown that in every case they are equal at worst and the rapier wins at best. Continue to post incorrect data on this subject and your posts will be reported for the moderators to deal with.

witchynosaur.png