Killing Tds

SirHartlar

Ok so I just need to wrap up getting Elite Void (need one helmet) and I should be ready to go to TDs. I haven't killed them in years so it'll probably be a completely new learning process, I need advice on luring spots etc as well as equipment. I have overloads, chaotic maul, void but no claws for spec. Maxed combat apart from prayer and summoning (no turm/ss or steel titan). Any links to guides appreciated, looking to max my kill p/hr.

Go earn a Scroll of Rigour first. Karil's crossbow is probably your best choice, but with your FM level, Hand cannons aren't bad either. Any chaotic melee weapon works well, but Maul is probably the easiest to use alongside Karil's / Hand cannon. Definitely get Dragon claws, even if you have to borrow them from a friend. They boost your kill rate dramatically.

Since you don't have Steel titan, you may as well just use a Unicorn stallion. If you want longer trips you can use a Pack yak, but it's not worth it in my opinion. Saradomin brew is really expensive right now, and using food can lower your kill rate pretty severely. You can even use Summoning potions with Spirit Cape for healing.

Go earn a Scroll of Rigour first. Karil's crossbow is probably your best choice, but with your FM level, Hand cannons aren't bad either. Any chaotic melee weapon works well, but Maul is probably the easiest to use alongside Karil's / Hand cannon. Definitely get Dragon claws, even if you have to borrow them from a friend. They boost your kill rate dramatically.

Since you don't have Steel titan, you may as well just use a Unicorn stallion. If you want longer trips you can use a Pack yak, but it's not worth it in my opinion. Saradomin brew is really expensive right now, and using food can lower your kill rate pretty severely. You can even use Summoning potions with Spirit Cape for healing.

I'll be honest I don't fancy going back to DG for rigour just yet, but everything else is really useful info. How about luring?

Borrow claws from your friends or randoms. They are definetly worth it. With a decent darklight, claw spec, and range attack, most of the time the TD is already around half health.

Miseryism | Completionist

I'll be honest I don't fancy going back to DG for rigour just yet, but everything else is really useful info. How about luring?

I personally like Woox's lure spot he showed in his TD guide here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOAoLnGrjds

You don't need a titan to use the same spot. It takes quite a bit of improvisation and reflexes, but it reduces downtime between kills quite a bit.

Lures are more or less the same, north spot is still best because there is no downtime. Don't use a handcannon unless you are 99 fm. Rigor is amazing. Use the unicorn. Use Kxbow. Pro swapping will result in max k/h, goodluck. TDS are still mostly experience based, not gear based. Oh, bring a dragon defender with darklight to bring the shield down. Use your ovl.

Derp fragmented post.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.