A Visual Metaphor of a Modern Trend in RuneScape

WolfieMario

(Watch in HD)

It shouldn't need much explaining if you're familiar with the appearance of the old woodcutting bots, and the new Completionist Cape.

But one note: this video is meant to be a joke. You should not take it literally; I don't really think people botted their completionist capes. I also know the issue of botting is far larger than "my achievements are devalued"; this isn't meant to be a commentary on the issue at all. Please don't use this thread to discuss bots or rant; it's purely for entertainment purposes.

You may find out a little of how I made it in the YouTube description.

Contest

This is a contest running between my screenshot fakes, where you can find inside jokes and hidden fakes, or figure out how I faked things, in order to win points. These points are kept on a scoresheet alongside a few other stats, and I add you to the list automatically just for playing. You can spend these points on various prizes ranging from simple underbanners to interesting emotes to 3D models to entire fonts - all custom-made in whatever way you want! Or, you could just play for the fun of it, whatever suits you :P.

For more details on the contest, click here. Info about rewards can be found here. For questions/concerns, feel free to consult the FAQ or ask me.

How to play: look at the list below, and see if you can answer any of the questions or find any of the things listed. Be the first person to post it, and you win the points!

Here is a list of questions you can answer for this fake to get points:

Finding Easter eggs:

1. In the first scene, there is a slight edit I made to make the museum look better. What is it? 5₧ I added an extra bit of ceiling so the area outside the museum would not be visible. Found by Den (Tip.It).
  2. At a few parts of the video, you may notice that something seems missing... No, it's not something from the display cases, but there's definitely something not present in the museum... 3₧ The people normally on the top floor are not there. Found by Amber Pyre (Sal's Realm).
  3. What chest armor is the other player at the end of the video wearing? 4₧ bonus if you can list all his armor. 4₧ (+4₧) Khazard Platebody, Green D'hide Chaps, Snakeskin Boots, Blood'n'tar Snelm, Rune Hatchet, and Yellow Cape. All found by Den (Tip.It). To be fair, I accidentally originally forgot to say "chest armor", so the question was "What is the other player at the end of the video wearing?". So I gave Den 4₧ bonus for listing all his equipment correctly :P

Finding flaws: I don't normally have this section, but this fake was so long and difficult that I was forced to not correct certain mistakes because they would take too long to fix, and would barely be noticeable.

1. There is a minor continuity error you may notice, if you carefully watch between each time the camera cuts. What is it? 6₧ [1 incorrect guess] The position of the bot's feet sometimes change when a cut is made (e.g. before the cut at 00:19 it has its right foot out, but after the cut the left foot is forward instead). Found by I am Nyu (Zybez).
  2. I neglected to animate something that should have had animation. What is it? 7₧ [5 incorrect guesses] The Bot's shadow does not stretch/shrink as it walks, meanwhile player shadows do. Found by Capt Hunter (Sal's Realm).
  3. Though I made the Completionist Cape as exact as I possibly could to the appearance of an equipped Completionist Cape (and it's virtually identical!), it doesn't match the real mounted cape for two reasons. You get 4₧ for finding one reason, and 6₧ bonus for finding both. 4₧ (+6₧) [3 incorrect guesses] The mounted cape actually has no texture, and it is much smaller than the equipped cape. The first answer was found by Capt Hunter (Sal's Realm).
  4. I tried being practically exact for the spell animation, but after watching it later, I noticed I did something wrong. What's wrong with the spell animation? Hint: it has nothing to do with the circles or rings. 4₧ [3 incorrect guesses]

Figure out how I made it:

1. How did I get rid of the people that were supposed to be on the museum's top floor? {Sealed by Easter eggs #2} 6₧ I stood on the ground floor of the museum, and used the Orb of Oculus to get a view of the top floor. Originally, I tried recording from the top floor, but I couldn't get far enough for NPCs to disappear, and all buildings that had a 3rd floor and were far enough make NPCs disappear couldn't offer me a good camera angle due to their distance. Also, I couldn't simply record from the 2nd floor, even from different buildings, because then the top floor was invisible. So in the end, I had to record from the bottom floor :P. Found by Capt Hunter (Sal's Realm).
  2. How was I able to make the cape removable from its rack? Yes, it was modeled, but what did I have to do so that I could use my model in the video? 3₧ [4 incorrect guesses] I had to get rid of the cape in my background screenshots, and mask the new cape in behind objects. Found by Capt Hunter (Sal's Realm).
  3. {Sealed by Figure out how I made it #2} I had to get rid of the original cape/hood/rack before I could put my 3D model of the cape/hood/rack into the video. What tool did I use to edit out the original cape/hood/rack? (the tool exists in Photoshop, Fireworks, GIMP, etc.) 3₧ The Clone Stamp Tool. Found by Capt Hunter (Sal's Realm).
  4. The real Completionist Cape doesn't have any sound effect when you attempt to take it, but I thought my video felt empty without giving the spell a sound effect. Where exactly did I get my sound effect? Yes, the sound originates from RuneScape sounds. 8₧ [15 incorrect guesses] The sound effect actually comes from two spell sounds: Snare and Telekinetic Grab. The sounds overlap and seem to be one sound effect. Found by 696lewa (Sal's Realm).
  5. How many different things did I have to model in 3D? Note: count the spell animation and spell splash altogether as 4, for simplicity's sake. You can also get 1₧ bonus for each one you correctly list (no bonus for listing the spell animation and splash. I already gave you that :P). Note: if you list something I did not model, you will get one bonus point less (so if you list three things I did model, and two I didn't, you would get 1 bonus. Don't worry, you can't get negative bonus, but will receive no bonus if you list more things I didn't model than things I did). As with all questions that have bonuses, you must answer the main question (the number of things I modeled) at the same time as the bonus to receive bonus points. 6₧ (+?₧) [2 incorrect guesses] I had to model 10 things in 3D. They were the spell effects (as mentioned above, count these as four things), the robot, the cape, the stand, the hood, the rune hatchet in the last scene, and the robot's shadow. All 10 found by Capt Hunter (Sal's Realm) (with the full bonus, which was 6₧).

Here is the current scoresheet:

Screenshot%20Secret%20Scores.png

Note: Please press Ctrl+F5 to refresh the above image!

Here is a key defining the various columns/rows of the scoresheet.

You may click here to see a list of people who have won trophies from earning many points.

A total of 3₧/75₧; are left to obtain in this fake. There are 1/12 finds remaining.

Notice: Don't Forget to check

this list for points you can earn outside my normal fakes! (33₧ left, 5 finds remaining.)

Also, my last fake's contest was never finished! There's still one question (up to 10₧, if you get the bonus) yet to be answered. Post the answer here, rather than bumping that topic, of course.

skillgoal99fakingunderb.png

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

It made me feel very, very sad for a moment there.

Agreed, I did laugh though as well. :P

Bot could have moved a little faster animation wise while walking because it looked as if it was sliding a bit, but I think you did a good job with it. |^_^|

Thanks guys :grin:

Sorry for making you sad, Sara Mage :-(

Anyways, I added my Contest to this video. This time it mainly focuses on how I made it, as well as some flaws it has (not including the sliding-when-walking issue two of you pointed out :P)

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

Easter Egg:

1. You added a ceiling to prevent people from seeing over the top of the museum wall.

2. There are no humans present in the museum. (At least none on the top floor where the video takes place.)

3. The guy at the end is wearing a Khazard Platebody, Green D'hide Chaps, Snakeskin Boots, Blood'n'tar Snelm, Rune Hatchet and it looks like a yellow "cape".

Flaws:

4. The second spell with the rings goes straight down from above in the video, but it goes slightly horizontal when coming from the top in game.

How you made it:

4. You used the Telekinetic Grab spell sound and the failed magic spell splash sound.

Easter Eggs:

1. Correct :P

2. Right, but someone else (at another forum) got it first. "How I made it" #1 is unsealed now, though :P

3. Sorry, this question was meant to only ask about the chest armor, but since you got every piece of armor right, I'll give you double the points (so 4 bonus points).

Flaws:

4. Not exactly the spell flaw I was looking for. I actually didn't realize it's supposed to arc. But I checked a recording of the animation, and even though it arcs, the moment you see in my video wouldn't arc in the real animation (it arcs before it gets that low, and goes just about straight down once it gets to the head/shoulders, and then it seems to arc a little more. Though my recording is rather laggy...). Because the robot's head is so close to the top, and the blast fades after passing its shoulders, I'm thinking any arcing really wouldn't be visible at all... Either way, technically what you said wasn't untrue, so I won't mark it as an incorrect guess :P. But bear in mind there's something else wrong with the spell animation.

How I made it:

4. Close... If you cast telegrab, you'll notice it only makes the second part of the spell's sound effect :P. And yes, the splash animation has the splash sound. But you're missing the sound that the spell starts with.

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png