Icon Lists?

I had an idea for something that could be added to the help site. My idea was that it would be nice to have a list of every single icon, and where you could find them. There would be an image for each icon, explaining what it means, and then you could search for a specific item. If you are in a quest, you could simply look up where the nearest anvil is, and you would see a picture, so you know it's surroundings, and next to that is a description of where in Glienor it is. You would also be able to see any restrictions to that anvil (or other icon) such as quests you have to have done to access it, or skills you need.I would be willing to make this. I just thought it would be super convenient for quests, treasure trails, and tasks. Thanks for reading!

60.png

Join FC "w60_find_pen" For Penguins every week, and helpful people!

mertick.png

Seems like a lot of pointless work imo, between the multitude of maps on site and the in-game world map that will show you exactly where you are and flash any icon of ur choosing.

Plus the fact people generally accumulate knowledge of these things over time and that pictures take bandwidth.

Using the sites existing guides and the in-game map and a little bit of memory you can easily track down where places are.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I don't really understand the point and the whole concept of this suggestion. Are you suggesting that you would like an world map like the one on runescape but then more advanced? I think that would cost a huge amount of time for the crew when they have already much to do ;)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Thank you for your suggestion :)

So, the idea basically is to create a giant list that links "icons" with locations. You'd list a smithing anvil, and provide locations where anvils may be found. These locations are then clickable to pop up a screenshot of the location (so you have an idea what to look for in game) and it may also list any factors limiting access to the anvil (ie quest requirements).

I'd say that the in-game world map is sufficiently useful with regards to finding an anvil close by. Having an in-game screenshot to accompany the anvil location does have some added value, but the guide-thing you're suggesting would require close to a million billion screenshots which is something the crew doesn't really have time for.

I suppose you all have a point, in one way or another. I didn't even think about how many screenshots it would take. I just thought it would be convenient to look up where the nearest furnace was to where you were in a quest, ETC. I suppose simply checking on the ingame world map would be fairly simple as well though.

60.png

Join FC "w60_find_pen" For Penguins every week, and helpful people!

mertick.png