Desktop disappeared?

All_Is_Great

Bigger problem now =/

I turned on my computer this morning and the desktop icons including the toolbar all disappeared, leaving me with just a wallpaper. Using windows 7 atm. Anyway to fix that?

Just a couple questions.

1. Skype won't work on my new desktop? I sign in, then wait like 2 minutes and it says can't connect... confused. I just installed wifi using my old laptop a day before I got the new desktop, does that mean i have to reconfigure it?

2. My wifi router works on 2.4 GHz but apparently so does my cordless phone, apparently this means they will interfere. I'm just wondering how much of a problem this will be?

Staurolite.png

Lots of things work on 2.4GHz. Interference does happen, but it happens everywhere and theres not a lot you can do about it. So the internet and everything works apart from skype? The internet might not be fast enough on that computer.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Oh well that's too bad =/.

And yah skype is the only thing that doesn't work. Granted it's a new computer so I don't think internet speed is any problem, since my old laptop could run skype just fine on the same internet... I installed it with the Skypeinstaller than came with the computer, maybe I should uninstall and download from the internet?

Staurolite.png

Control alt delete-> open task manager -> File -> New task(run), enter "explorer.exe", click Ok. That should bring back your icons and taskbar.

Apologies for censor evasion, not able to give help without it lol.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I tried doing "ctrl alt del" for task manager but the screen just turns black. :unsure:

I can also right click on the screen and open control panel and browse through there, but I can't open anything.

Staurolite.png

As it turns out it was a rather simple but frustrating problem.

My computer just decided to randomly change display settings to 2 monitors, so the one I saw had nothing on it. I could right click and create folders/ open control panel on it, but whenever I opened firefox or task manager, it would appear on monitor 1 and my screen would do nothing.

Took my about an hour to figure out <_<

Staurolite.png

No reason to ctrl-alt-del to get to task manager, as Sbrideau stated ctrl-shift-escape goes straight to it.

+9001 internets to you sir, the new Win7 ctrl-alt-delete always irritates me.

If you were on a domain with XP it would do the same thing :smile: . Annoying at first, but it is an easy way to get to a password change dialog.

Also certain remote desktop viewers will accept ctrl-shift-escape automatically even if it doesn't automatically take other shortcuts.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg