Runescape History

kayoszee

This is an idea that has been kickin' round in my head for awhile.

And what better time to bring it up but when Runescape is celebrating an anniversary? (5 years, woot!)

Ever wonder when certain updates came about?

Ever argue with someone about how old a certain location in RS is?

I propose a kinda Runescape History Database of some sort.

Material could vary from updates added to the game, significant actions in market changes, skills, bugs, mass bannings, clans, website etc..

Why not document this? Could very well prove useful >.>

98% of teenagers have been drunk or around alcohol. Put this in your signature if you like bagels

hmguy2td.png

there are web pageson that kinda stuff, but jagex should make offical

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

Well, I was thinking for more a wiki-style setup, you know?

Not necessarily actual wiki, but based on submissions of content posted by users.

One really, really good ressource for histrorical documention is the very very well document news posts of Tip.it!

The site is almost as old as RS itself!

The tough part, the REALLY tough part is getting the images to back up the articles and stuff.

Think of it as a sorta encyclopedia project of Runescape.

If someone knows of something that is actually going on, like this, please put it out.

98% of teenagers have been drunk or around alcohol. Put this in your signature if you like bagels

hmguy2td.png

Some history of Runescape is hidden in quests etc. Books like the crumbling tome of the Barrows and the WOM's book collection are also good history sources.

Very good idea. We should make our own history database. I believe Jagex have some official recordings too.

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png

Some history of Runescape is hidden in quests etc. Books like the crumbling tome of the Barrows and the WOM's book collection are also good history sources.

Very good idea. We should make our own history database. I believe Jagex have some official recordings too.

Well, while that is a cool idea too, I meant about the game rather then the story of the game. Both ideas kinda overlap each other however.

And thanks, I found that link too, VERY useful!

We need to rally more folks, hopefully unearth old screenshots, maps etc!

hmguy2td.png

I would be all for a group of fellow historians :D

But the problem is finding a location for us to store these things.

hmguy2td.png

I suppose we could just, write stuff, until we have some kind of place to put it, yeah.

We'd need some kinda structure first, established and whatnot.

Should meet up on RS or something to talk about this 8)

hmguy2td.png

If you're gonna put it on a website I'll most definitely help out :D

I'm a historian, right here 8)

No really, something about Runescape history is cool...maybe it's the history of a RPG world?

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png

Looking at that link you posted Myweponsg00d I think I started playing in August 2001. I remember there being no wilderness at one point, but in a matter of days it was updated.

So that looks around the time I joined.... I'm an oldie :oops:

EDIT - Findings...

The bank has been upgraded so you can now store any item in the bank not just gold.

^ ^ OMFG! That would've been insane, and that was updated 29th July. Anyone joined before that time like to tell me what you did with your stuff?

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Looking at that link you posted Myweponsg00d I think I started playing in August 2001. I remember there being no wilderness at one point, but in a matter of days it was updated.

EDIT - Findings...

The bank has been upgraded so you can now store any item in the bank not just gold.

^ ^ omg! That would've been insane, and that was updated 29th July. Anyone joined before that time like to tell me what you did with your stuff?

Well you could only carry what was in your inventory at that time. Which was only 30 items total.

Most ppl higher than lvl 10 had what was called a mule, which was another character they registered just to hold more stuff.

pedestrian01.png

i'd allways liked to hear more about the clan history in runescape.... allthough i read a really nice story about the history on another fansite i dont know what name wich started with an game called deviousmud wich was a kinda pre runescape if i remember well :)

not everybody wants to hear the bubblegum pop garbage.

im gonna burn in hell and drink all of satans beer.

trashmetal/deathmetal/hardrock/folkmetal die hard

I thought History was more like in-game history... like the Five Ages of Gielenor, the God Wars, The Destruction of the Wizard's Tower, Zamorak's Betrayal, etc...

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

EDIT - Findings...

^ ^ omg! That would've been insane, and that was updated 29th July. Anyone joined before that time like to tell me what you did with your stuff?

Well you could only carry what was in your inventory at that time. Which was only 30 items total.

Most ppl higher than lvl 10 had what was called a mule, which was another character they registered just to hold more stuff.

This is the type of stuff, asides from updates etc.., that we'll be needing.

I thought History was more like in-game history... like the Five Ages of Gielenor, the God Wars, The Destruction of the Wizard's Tower, Zamorak's Betrayal, etc...

Organized quest history stories would be a part of this project.

hmguy2td.png