Posts added warning

Before we moved to IPB, the forums we used had a feature that warned you that posts had been added to a topic when you were typing your response. This was useful for checking if someone had answered a specific question you were gong to reply to, or adding something into your comment to respond to someone who had just posted. This feature was lost in the switch, and I was wondering if there was some way for us to get a feature similar to it on IPB?

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I think there was a topic about this when we first moved, let me check.

Off the top of my head though I believe the resolution was that it isn't possible in IPB by default and modding it wouldn't be practical.

EDIT: I can't find the thread. Wait for an admin I suppose..

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I believe there is a feature coming up in IPB 3.2. Lemme see if I can find it...

EDIT: Can't find it, but I remember reading about it somewhere. It was with the new interface. I'll check again when I'm back.

j0xPu5R.png

I believe there is a feature coming up in IPB 3.2. Lemme see if I can find it...

EDIT: Can't find it, but I remember reading about it somewhere. It was with the new interface. I'll check again when I'm back.

Could this be it?

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. :)

j0xPu5R.png

In the meantime you can always hit "preview" before you submit your post. It refreshes the posts listed beneath the reply box so you can check that way to see if there are new posts.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

In the meantime you can always hit "preview" before you submit your post. It refreshes the posts listed beneath the reply box so you can check that way to see if there are new posts.

If only that also included an "Add quote to reply" button for those additional posts. Maybe that will be covered in the new version as well? :huh:

~D. V. "Always seeking feature completion..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

If only that also included an "Add quote to reply" button for those additional posts. Maybe that will be covered in the new version as well? :huh:

~D. V. "Always seeking feature completion..." Devnull

You can toggle the multiquote button for each one you want to quote, then press add reply.

If that's what you meant?

j0xPu5R.png