way you hold weopons

WSITY

Ever seen a granite maul?

You hold it the wrong way.

granitemaul0cv.png

See?

Try holding an imagnary maul-handle right now. If you're right-handed, your right hand would autimatically go on top. Well, see in the pic, the right hand's on the bottom.

Nope, if you are right handed, your right hand will go at bottom. Because the right hand is strongest, and you need the power and balance to hold it right. If your hold your right hand at top, and left on the bottom, You wouldn't get much power or balance.

Same if you are left handed.

because in real life if your right handed you hold a sword in you right hand and hold abow in your left and pul the arrow with your right hand

Not always true.

Ever heard of people being ambidextrous.

When i golf, I swing right handed, but I putt left handed.

I write with either had, but I use my left unless something stops me from being able to, such as the year my entire left hand was in a cast. I draw better with my right hand.

I can shoot a pistol just as well with either hand. I shoot rifles right handed, but that is only because they are made right handed, and you need to get bolt actions for left handed people, where most are made for right. Same with bows.

I use my right had for the most part in punching and throwing, but I am left footed.

And then we come to the fact that it is just a game.

OH NOOOOOO, the world is going to end, all because your little PC isn't holding his weapons the way you think he should.

not that big of a deal if you ask the question..

who in real life can hold a backpack full of life sized sharks, run in full armor, respawn after they die, teleport, and the list goes on and on.

lets not forget this is just a game and also accept the fact that not everything in the game is or should be life-like.

bob7926.png

No, I don't go shooting Chompies irl.

I've held a, normal bow? lol

Compound bow, as opposed to a long bow.

You need more strength in the drawing hand that you do the hand that holds the bowstaff. The hand that holds the bowstaff, you lock your elbow and thus requires no strength, the hand you draw the bow with is where you are using all of your strength at.

your crazy i do some archery to i always use my right hand my left arm is to weak

I do archery quite a bit IRL, I'm right handed, and I hold my bow in my left hand, and draw it with my right. This is the way everyone else I know shoots too, holding the bow in their non-dominant hand.

I posted a long time ago about something like this in rsc. We are ambudexterous magicians. In rc we held the weapon in our right hand, and shield in left, then when we attacked something, they suddenly, and magically switched to the other hands... I guess Jagex has taken our magic powers and left us with only being abudexterous..

35b9enp.jpg

rangers are so strong that we use the weaker hand to fire bows so that meleers and magers dont feel too upset and have a fairer chance of competing.

sig5qf.gif

# 1101 to 99 range on 12-18-05

85 slayer on 12-18-05 with combat at 102;

retired from members since Feb 06.

Back since June 07. 2000+ total.

z0mg BUG BUG BUG!!!!!ONE!!!!EXCLAMATIONPOINT!!!!!!SHIFTONE!!!!

And personally, I fire bows holding my right hand, but I'm right handed. (I practice archery irl)

yep, and im reporting everyone who is holding a bow for bug abuse

I hold my bow in my left hand, and draw it with my right. This is the way everyone else I know shoots too, holding the bow in their non-dominant hand.

Even people who are normally left handed tend to shoot a bow right handed, just for the simple fact, you have to special order bows for left handed people. Just as you do for guns/golf clubs...and generally most other things in the world.