maple longbow sighted vs shortbow

sebas379

pretty much that ^

And is there, for example a difference in usefulnes between training on hill giant or lessers?

sebas379.png

[hide]

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing;

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews;

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores;

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

[/hide]

Shortbow is better for training because monsters have typically lower defence than players so the attack speed bonus would be more beneficial, and longbow sight is better for PKing (from personal experience in clanning).

j0xPu5R.png

ok, somewhat felt it was that way.

And I'm right you always lose the sight when you die, right?

sebas379.png

[hide]

Then they came for me

[/hide]

ah, okay. I was somewhat expecting it would always disappear upon death even if you kept the bow. But from this i take that isn't the case?

Thanks

sebas379.png

[hide]

Then they came for me

[/hide]

There are no creatures in f2p that have defense levels high enough to make the longbow better than the shortbow. Against someone in full rune with 99 defense however, the longbow would be significantly better as it's only 1 tier of speed slower than the shortbow (Unlike normal longbows which are 2 tiers) and the heavily increased accuracy would greatly increase your chance of hitting your target.

Another benefit of the longbow's huge range bonus is that it allows you to wear melee armour that would have a much bigger impact on the shortbows relativley puny bonus, so perhaps if you had to tank enemies for a long time and banking was a nusience, then wearing better armour with the longbow would be best (I don't play f2p so i can't think of anything where this would be the case, considering rangers can safespot most enemies.) so again i come back to pking, being able to tank hits while being accurate yourself would be a great benefit.

In a no rules ranged death match in duel arena, i'd certainly wear full rune with the longbow, opposing dhide with the shortbow.

(Although for pking, you can't really rely on range being your primary cause of kills as people often teleport or run, you should use a rune 2h to finish them.)

CNqWHdA.jpg

There are no creatures in f2p that have defense levels high enough to make the longbow better than the shortbow. Against someone in full rune with 99 defense however, the longbow would be significantly better as it's only 1 tier of speed slower than the shortbow (Unlike normal longbows which are 2 tiers) and the heavily increased accuracy would greatly increase your chance of hitting your target.

Another benefit of the longbow's huge range bonus is that it allows you to wear melee armour that would have a much bigger impact on the shortbows relativley puny bonus, so perhaps if you had to tank enemies for a long time and banking was a nusience, then wearing better armour with the longbow would be best (I don't play f2p so i can't think of anything where this would be the case, considering rangers can safespot most enemies.) so again i come back to pking, being able to tank hits while being accurate yourself would be a great benefit.

In a no rules ranged death match in duel arena, i'd certainly wear full rune with the longbow, opposing dhide with the shortbow.

(Although for pking, you can't really rely on range being your primary cause of kills as people often teleport or run, you should use a rune 2h to finish them.)

This.

However, one thing that no one has covered is if the longbow is protected over normal rune PKing gear. Recently it didn't protect over it, due to the fact that the sight was only worth a couple K in alch value. But with the kept item on death changes, it's protect value might have been jacked up so that it'll protect over rune. It happen with the Gravite weapons(They used to protect bellow rune, forcing people to wear addy if PKing with them. But now they protect over rune) so i don't see why it wouldn't have happen with the sighted longbow.

Could someone confirm?

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

I can confirm that the sighted longbow does indeed protect over rune, it's one of the 3 items kept alongside with gauntlets and platebody in my ideal setup.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• 1 month later...

Ok, thanks for all the replies guys. Been on holiday for the past month, but still :)

sebas379.png

[hide]

Then they came for me

[/hide]