'The Hand in the Sand' Quest Guide

Evrae

Thought i'd give those of you who haven't done it a hand. If you find anything wrong or can think any improvements, please post them. My phrasing may not be great, but please bear with it.

Difficulty level: Medium

Start Location: Bert, in the house in North West Yanille

Required:

Skills: 17 Thieving, 49 Crafting

Items: 1 Beer, 1 Vial (2 best to save time), Red Berries, White- Berries, 5 Earth Runes, Bucket of Sand, Bulls-eye lantern lens.

Recommended: (for getting around)

Quests: Heroes Quest

Items: Games Necklace (easy access to Heroes guild), Ring of Duelling, Amulet of Glory

These are recommended because you need to go Yanille, Port Sarim and Brimhaven quite a lot. With the mentioned items it takes a long time. Without them it would take forever ÃÆïÃâÃ

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!

Nice guide :P

I'm going to do the quest soon, I'll folow it through, and tell anything else that I think need added and I'll take some pics 8) :lol:

hofclan11zd.gif

100+ Combat :: 100+ Members :: 107 Combat Average

-{Click sig to join Heroes of the Future}-

Thanks!

A picture of the rose tinted lens would be good, since its unique, and the spell the wizard does at the end is pretty cool!!

I was kicking myself cos i was going to do some screenshots but forgot, and now its too late :cry:

Quickest way to Yanille is the Watchtower Teleport. Requires 58 magic and the Watchtower Quest. Needs two earth runes and two law runes.

I didn't put that in because....i didn't know that :oops: I can't use it, so i didn't think of it. I'll just Edit 'n' Credit

dude i think the 7k crafting xp isnt right theres a pic of the reward with 9k craft xp. So u need glassed Very Happy or de crafting xp is based on ur crafting lvl

Yep, your right! its only one small digit.... lol

Edit 'n' Credit

Also an easy way to Brimhaven with out glory is to take boat from Ardanouge or whatever it is. (Bad with spelling) But hey thats my word. Great Guide!

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

thanks for the compliment!

i thought about putting the ardougne route in, but left it out because....*thinks*....I was lazy, and only put in the fastest route i could think of. I'll add it now, and the more non-teleport alternative routes to other places

Edit 'n' Credit

What a sweet reward! I'm stoked for this :D:D:D:D:D:D

Screw the sand :P, i will just empty them so i can have free buckets to give to my leprocauny friends :D

another boring quest..

If you don't like it, don't do it, but don't spam this poor blokes guide with your silly comments.

To the author - Having finished the quest without the guide, I can tell you that this guide is very well done. Could have saved me a lot of walking, at any rate :). Awesome guide man, keep up the good work.

Raichase, quit Runescape.

Time issues really, nothing against the game itself. Something had to go, and it happened to be the addictive game that costs money to enjoy :)

Best of luck to all of my friends here!

More getting around without glory:

Port Sarim:

1. Go to Al Kharid (Ring of dueling is useful, and also gnome gliders if you happens to be near anyone of them and completed the grand tree quest). Run south to the Shantay pass. Talk to Shantay. Ask him what he is doing and tell him you are an outlaw. He will put you in jail and asks for 5gp. Refuse him and you will be transfered to the prison at Port Sarim, outside the cage!!!Simply walk out if the prison and you are done.

2. Go to Port Khazard. Take the fishing trawler and do nothing, just waiting for the ship to sink. After that try to swim to a barrel and you will be drifted to south of Port Sarim. Beware that 3 damage will be hit.

Draynor Village

1. If you don't accept the teleport offered by Zavistic Rarve and have 60+ mage, use the magic guild portal (the east portal on third floor) to teleport to Wizard's Tower. Then run north to Draynor Village.

now they are some neat tricks :D

I think i'll probably use the Shantay one myself in future

i'll add them on the bottom of the guide as a quote from you so people can find them easily

My biggest mistake with the guide?.....Being too lazy to put in any routes other than the ones i used :wink:

now they are some neat tricks :D

I think i'll probably use the Shantay one myself in future

i'll add them on the bottom of the guide as a quote from you so people can find them easily

As an even better idea, perhaps link to the "Getting Around" section of the tip.it website, where you can find those tricks, and many more. Highlight those of course, but that will help show people where the information is.

Raichase, quit Runescape.

Time issues really, nothing against the game itself. Something had to go, and it happened to be the addictive game that costs money to enjoy :)

Best of luck to all of my friends here!

good point - i'll add a link on the end, though i think most have been covered, which does make it look a bit clumsy