smithing

cowmaster187

i have a few questions about smithing.

well here is the deal i was going ot buy some pray xp but i really don't feel like pending 140 mil al in one go. so wha ti am gonna do is buy 99 smith instead if i can get satisfactory answers to these questions.

first off i am roughly 91 smith at the moment

that means about

7,011,014 xp

to 99

so to figure out how many morphic tools i would need i would take that number and divide it by the xp per tool to get

---------

which equals

109 tools. does this number sound right and did i do that very simple math right?

also how many strong smithing urns would that require?

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

I thought morphic tools stayed around 50k per tool, but I could be wrong. However, assuming you are doing addy platebodies, at current prices, you lose 3112gp per platebody by buying bars and then selling bodies on GE. Thankfully with hammers, you only need ~56k addy bars equivalent of 11.2k platebodies.

Initial cost of bars: 56,000*2593 = 145.2mil

Return on addy plates: 11,200*9853 = 110.3mil

Net Cost: ~35mil

wessan.png

i am aware of this. this is why i might do it

i like the fact that it is relatively cheap.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

i am aware of this. this is why i might do it

i like the fact that it is relatively cheap.

~~~legoman187~~~

I've been using the Artisan's Workshop Ceremonial swords pretty much since it came out, and just got 90 smithing last night.

After checking Grimy's sheets, Addy Platebodies are ~9 gp/xp and the addy cere swords are ~10 gp/xp, so really up to you on which you enjoy doing more.

Axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

axi_syn.png

Quest cape first Achieved 29JAN2009, Re-Achieved 15SEP2011, Cook cape Achieved 12APR2009 (Easter 2009)

Strength Cape Achieved 20NOV2010

Now offering assists for 97 Farming, 97 Smithing, and 97 Herblore, PM me in-game!!!

Proud U.S. Navy Sailor

All the above advice is good except for the tag about 9gp/xp being close enough to 10gp/xp for it not to matter. Its a 6-7 mil gold difference from 91-99 and on top of that the exp is slower than addy plates so you lose that time that could have been spent making more money.

I would really recommend doing prayer instead. Don't do it in one go though, buy 882 dbones or frostdbones (that's how many one war tort would last me when I got 95) and enough marentill to offer them all, do it and then go back to making money for something else.

If you must do smithing though I would say get 95 to open all effigies yourself and then never touch it again ;l

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png