The Movie of the Week. Watch and Discuss thread.

How2PK

movieoftheweek8fh4dc.jpg

This is the first official movie of the week thread where we will see and discuss the movie we chose in the Selecting topic. We have got two weeks to see and discuss the movie before a new thread starts.

For questions and suggestion please visit the Central movie of the week topic.

To vote for the next movie of the week please visit Selecting topic.

oneflew2.jpg

The movie that has won the voting round is One Flew Over the CuckooÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s Nest. This movie is directed by the Czech director Milos Forman whom you may know from other movies such as ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅAmadeusÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Is it next week we start discussing it? I have pencilled in to watch this movie on Wednesday so can i post about it right after or wait?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

It started three days ago. I was wondering if anybody had seen it yet. :P

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Well I have seen this film a few times, all i can say is that it is a totally brillant film.

The atmosphere of this film is immense your really get the feel of the frustration of what are basically institutionalised prisoners. I cant complain of the acting of Jack Nicholson or the actor who plays Miss Ratchet both totally convincing. If I could fault anything is that it deviates slightly from the book's characters and focus, although whether this is neccesarily a bad thing im not sure.

The most potent message or debate the film brings up is the way society treats the 'mentally ill', effectively locking them away because they do not conform with society's norms or values. Similarly the effect on the indivual as they becom institutionalised is another interesting debate.

just to start off i have to say the acting in this movie is great. bad acting doesnt really bother me as much as some people, just like great acting helps but doesnt make the movie. jack's performance in this was great, and another one i enjoyed very much was danny devito's. the storyline was pretty good, the end really made the film. i think the point of the movie is that mentally ill people arent exactly what you think they are, and that the staff of the hospital dont really consider themselves as much as being nurses, but more being "guards". dont know if "guards" really quite explains it, because its not quite that serious. mcmurphy (jack) said in the film "none of you are sick, these doctors just make you think you are", and that sums up the main point of the movie. i see where he is coming from too, he doesnt think he is sick, and he notices that he is a lot like these people (some are actually sick, maybe many), so they arent really sick either.

anyways, my review of the movie is very good. might be in my top 25, definently top 40 or so. if you watch a lot of movies and havent see this one yet, make time for it, you wont be dissapointed. it can seem slow at parts, but this time (second time i watched it) i didnt notice it being slow at all. the end makes it all worth it though, its great.

Edit: just noticed i made another post instead of editing it in. didnt mean to do that :P

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg