RS Bandwith Use

SacredFlam3s

How much bandwith/hr does runescape use?

thanks,

SacredFlam3s

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

GWD Drops (CS): 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Armadyl Hilt, 1 Armadyl Chestplate

Slayer:1 D skirt, 2 Whip, 12 G Mauls, 2 Dragon Boots

My apologies for not having exact numbers, but it really does not use a lot.

If you want to pinpoint things that use a lot of bandwidth, streaming uses quite a bit. eg. Youtube, with Livestream being the worst, especially for long periods of time.

If you download movies from Netflix or if you download games from Steam that uses quite a bit of bandwidth.

j0xPu5R.png

I have a bandwidth monitor. When I play, I usually get about a megabyte an hour. It really doesn't take anything up at all.

ok thanks, its just that when im on holidays i have 2gb/month and don't really wanna go over

SacredFlam3s.png

DK's Drops: 7 Berserker Rings, 2 Warrior Ring, 1 Archers Ring, 7 Dragon Hatchet, 1 Seercull, 3 Elite Clue - All Solo

ok thanks, its just that when im on holidays i have 2gb/month and don't really wanna go over

Don't worry about that. I'm on a 10gb limit, and I could play runescape non stop (literally) and not go over, or even come close.

Gotta disagree with the Canada comments. Speeds are increasing and data limits are also increasing. My best guess is he is using his mobile phone. I often run my laptop in my truck or other places tethered with my iphone. I don't know of any service provider that is limiting this to 2gb. Unless he has DSL and as an alternate when he is away from home you can use dial up from anywhere. This was the case a few years back but we have since moved to cable.

Canada comments are true, although I'm probably in the only province where we can have internet without a cap. Bell-Aliant I have 25 Mb/s with them without a limit. I used to have Rogers at 10Mb/s with a 95GB cap.

I know Bell has been capping their DSL bandwidth in Ontario for a while now. Fortunately for me, they're still honoring the existing unlimited plans. :D

...but that doesn't stop them from trying to get me to switch to a capped plan every time I call them about something. <_<

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

there are better plans, but we dont wanna spend too much if we are only there 4 months a yaer. and the guy on the phone said he wasnt authorised to sell 10/20gb plan...

SacredFlam3s.png

I get unlimited 8mbps at home, and unlimited mobile data. Luckily I have a nice local provider I get mine from. Bell, Rogers and Shaw all have caps now though, and are trying to get the CTRC to force capped plans on the local providers.

Mod Edit: removed quote of a spam post.

1mb/h is nothing. That's less than 1 mp3 song file. You can't just throw out random accusations of botting - the same amount of bandwith would be consumed during normal play as opposed botting, just about.

OP just avoid media streaming sites and downloading stuff. That 2 gb will quickly add up with so many users.

Edited by Kimberly

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

If you open the console ingame (press `) and type "displayfps", the ingame FPS display will give you a live readout of how much data is going in and out of the game. Although it doesn't give you a cumulative total it can give you a current readout of how much data is going in and out at any given time.

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape