[Easter-eggs] " Kitty ", My Golden Gnomes 2011 Entry

WolfieMario

My Golden Gnomes 2011 entry:

It's a 3D animation that took me roughly 169 hours. It has a dark, creepy theme because the idea was originally meant as a Halloween video. Actually, if I'm a finalist, my entry would end up being shown a day or two before Halloween at RuneFest, so that would work out perfectly :XD:

You can look at the YouTube description for details on how I made it, and the credits.

For those of you who know my contest where you find secrets or figure out references in my videos and screenshot fakes... Well, I'm not including my contest for this video. That doesn't mean I neglected to put in a few Easter eggs anyways, of course :P. You can feel free to look for them yourself, or just check the spoiler below, where I provide images of all of them:

First, I'll start with something that wasn't really an Easter-egg. It was pretty much just me expressing my artistic license, to help the video work better and look nicer. Specifically, I made all rooms 1.5x the height of a normal POH room, and gave them ceilings with functional lights. I won't cite all the instances in the video where you can see them; instead I'll just provide two pictures:

cieling.png

chandalier.png

Next, also not exactly an Easter-egg, but still definitely worth mentioning: the room next to the Parlour. It's an entire custom POH room I designed myself, called the "Living Room". The only part you really get to notice in the video is the bit with the decorative plant and pottery:

pottery.png

You may have also seen a bit of that tall plant when the man starts running:

tallplant.png

But that's not all it has, of course! At the center of the room you'll find a large sofa and coffee table:

sofaandcoffeetable.png

And more importantly, the television and computer:

tvandcomp.png

Yes, they're fully wireless. You have to restock the law runes every month, but it's a huge convenience! :P

Oh, and if you're wondering, here's what you would have seen at night, if the camera would have panned that way:

nightlivingroom.png

At 0:43, when my character ponders how the cat got mud on his paws, you can see a little mud on the back of his own hand:

mud.png

The shuddering sound at this point was sort of a cue, since that wasn't totally an Easter-egg.

At 1:46, when the man sees Kitty after waking up, Kitty's mouth is dripping with blood. This wasn't intended to be an Easter-egg, but YouTube felt the need to darken my video, making the blood dripping tough to notice. At any rate, if you watch it closely, you'll see the dripping is kinda in-sync with the music:

bloodycat.png

At 2:21, you can catch a glimpse of a hellcat in the fireplace, where the pawprints now lead (notice that the old pawprints were gone after he woke up? :P)

hellcat.png

At 2:33 you can see an electronic keypad in the Dining Room:

keypadh.png

At 2:37, you may have noticed the book on the lectern was closed. Unfortunately, YouTube quality makes it tough to actually read the title, so here's a stillframe:

remedialspanish.png

Still can't read it?

spanishcloseup.png

:P

The Study also contained two other Easter-eggs you could barely see, on the walls. To the left of the door, we see this:

20569787.png

Don't ask why anyone would need to write that down :rolleyes:. On the right wall, you could see this:

emc2.png

Don't ask why our protagonist would need to know that piece of information.

Finally, the walls of the Quest Hall were literally plastered with Easter-eggs. The first you could see, as our character runs in, was the map:

tutisland.png

Recognize what that is? Click the spoiler to see if you're right!

It's tutorial island. Normally you can put maps in your Quest Hall for completing many quests. I guess the tutorial was among the only quests this guy did :-P

On the left of the screen (from our character's perspective), we find that he apparently has not completed Demon Slayer, and instead mounted his next best sword.

botsandswordlite.png

You can also see a nice, calm painting south of Falador, in the old days...

On the opposite side of the wall from the sword, we find that he can't even afford an Amulet of Glory. But what reason would you have to mount an Amulet of Accuracy? :blink:

ammyandwolfielite.png

Oh yeah, and that portrait is of my character. Hooray for author-insertion :P

skillgoal99fakingunderb.png

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

Loved it. But maybe the breathing was a bit too much for me.

And the ending was very amusing. As expected from your work :thumbup:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Good video, but I didn't like how it sounded like someone was typing in the background.

That was the sound of the fireplace, taken from the sound of fire in RS :P

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

(Sorry for double-post; not sure if that's a problem at this forum)

Has anybody looked for the Easter-eggs? Someone at another forum managed to find a whole lot. Hint: look at the walls of various rooms.

Anyways, I may reveal the Easter-eggs later today or sometime tomorrow.

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

Okay guys, I finally added those Easter-egg images. Enjoy! :)

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

I like it a lot. You put a lot of work into it, and it shows. Keep up the great work, I think this video has a good chance of winning something!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000