Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Second Thousand - A Noob's Journey (Less Than 80 Levels Left)

Skilling Comedy

• Please log in to reply
357 replies to this topic

Kickthat
[ Display Name History ]

Kickthat

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • RSN:kickthat
After reading through this whole thread, I felt compelled to echo what others have already said.

You have a way of writing that is very enjoyable to read and an incredibly fresh outlook to the game.
As you yourself stated, it is important to remember that this is only a game and the purpose of it is therefore enjoyment.

I think a lot of people forget this in their mad rush for xp. It shouldn't be a chore, it should be fun.

I shall also be keeping my eye on this thread. All the best with your goals.

PuppyKing
[ Display Name History ]

PuppyKing

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,390 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Minergoo
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts
I enjoy reading this blog.

GregorDGrim
[ Display Name History ]

GregorDGrim

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • RSN:GregorDGrim
I'll call this post 'Another Day, Another 100K'. Nothing exciting happened on this spot in 2011. A busy weekend kept me to just a couple of hours this evening, and it was not quality RS time. What I mean by that is there were a number of other things going on around me. House duties, I'll call them, for lack of a better phrase. Oh, and football on television.

I decided to stick to easy skills that did not demand my full concentration. I fletched the remainder of the 1,600 maple logs I purchased, reaching level 67. I then sold all of the maple longbows, which brought my bank to more than 600K. I contemplated stringing the bows first, but decided to just take the gold this time. In hindsight, I think that I should have strung them first. Next time.

After fletching (done right by the bank chest in the Lumbridge Castle basement), I grabbed my pickaxe and bothered the Dorge'Shuun for a while. Tonight I decided to bank the iron ore I mined, so it went significantly slower than the typical 'mine and drop' strategy. I filled up inventories until leveling (51). I then teleported to Falador to do some smithing, but ran out of steam quickly. Earning smithing experience is terribly slow at my level, and I just wasn't in the mood.

Knowing I had about another 45 minutes to play, I planted potatoes and marigolds in Catherby and Falador, and pruned the Falador southern wall of excess ivy while waiting for the harvests to be ready. I reached level 76 in woodcutting (only four levels behind my son), and after harvesting the crops achieved level 19 in farming. It was time to call it a night.

Thanks so much for the recent set of positive comments about my blog. That makes it even more fun to play, and more fun to write about my wanderings. I hope to be able to keep you entertained for quite a while.

Total levels = 1,140

GregorDGrim
[ Display Name History ]

GregorDGrim

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
I chose to spend my last session focusing on three skills that have been neglected by Gregor of late: smithing, thieving and ranged.

Smithing - With the coal and iron ore I had stored in my bank, I went back to smithing steel (and then iron, after running out of coal) bars in Falador. The furnace is located close to the bank, but this is a terribly slow way to level the skill. I think I will simply sell the ore from now one and purchase bars directly. I hit level 39 and then traveled to Varrock. It was time to hammer out my smithing issues, so with my iron and steel bars I made some nails, some knives and some armor. As soon as I realized how much more money I could get for the knives, I focused solely on them. After selling my newly smithed goods, my gold count passed the 650K mark; the highest it's been aside from saving coins to purchase my dragon hatchet. I also leveled two more times (40 and 41):

If I Had A Hammer

Thieving - I can say without hesitation that this is the skill that frustrates me the most when I fail at it. The five second delay. The 20-30 hit points of damage that adds up quickly. The damn tweeting noise. All so annoying. At least I can eat lobster while stunned, so I have that going for me, which is nice. This is why I had barely trained thieving since the start of this blog. I strolled down to Draynor Village and started picking the pocket of the master farmer. That guy is about as clueless as a person can be, because there were at least six of us following him around. I would have just packed up my Cloak of Many Seeds and went home instead of putting up with that nonsense. After failing on him a bit often for my liking, I went back to Varrock and picked the pockets of the guards and female warriors, and leveled twice (44 and 45):

Perfecting the Pocket Pilfering Process

I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to something I'm wondering about thieving. Is there less of a fail chance if the pickpocket attempt is from the back, or the side, rather than in front of the victim?

Ranged - I know there are better ranged candidates than the fleshcrawlers in the Stronghold of Security, but I like the little buggers. To be more specific, I like their drops - runes and charms and herbs, oh my. Shooting an arrow into their back reminds me of Kafka's great story about turning into a roach. But, I digress. I found an isolated pair of them that no one else ever seems to bother (at least the bots don't), and there's a safe spot for one of them, allowing me to shoot them with my bone bolts with impunity. I spent enough time on the creepy crawlers to achieve level 45:

No Metamorphosis Here

While I was in the Stronghold I remembered that I had not ever made it down to the bottom two levels, so I snagged 5,000 gold and the idea emote from the Box of Health on Level Three, and some fancy, colorful boots and the stomp emote from the Cradle of Life on Level Four. The boots look good for use at retro parties, but other than that are basically useless.

Miscellany - I passed four million in total experience during the session. While this is a nice milestone for me, I realize that it's less than a third of the way to a level 99 in a single skill, so I can brag about it only to my two sons. Even they aren't all that impressed.

Total levels = 1,146

GregorDGrim
[ Display Name History ]

GregorDGrim

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
The Task System - before today, I had never (at least to my memory) consciously spent any significant time completing tasks. Now and then I would see a little box in the upper center of my screen stating that I had completed something, and I have read about the tasks and the rewards that can be earned through completion of sets in various towns. I began today with just over 100 total tasks completed, including 67 out of 133 in the Lumbridge/Draynor set. My goal for the day was to complete the beginner and easy sets, experience be damned. The highlights:

• Completed 51 tasks in Lumbridge/Draynor, giving me 118/133 total.
  • Finished all beginner and easy tasks.
  • Went to Jack (and then Bob at Bob's Axes) for rewards, receiving a total of 187K gold, along with some small items.
  • Received the explorer ring level 2 (silver), which allows some low alching and energy-restoration each day.
  • Used the two experience lamps on summoning (500 xp) and prayer (1000 exp).
  • Earned a total of just under 4K experience among various skills. Not good for my hourly rate, but I knew that going in.
  • Leveled constitution to 54; didn't realize how close I was.
  • With the gold haul, my bank is now over 850K.
  • Learned some new areas, including Wizard Tower, the Jailhouse (and sewers) and the Water Runecrafting area in the Lumbridge Swamp.
  • Am close to completing the medium set.

While earning very little in the way of experience, I was quite pleased with the session. I definitely plan to have another 'tasking session' in the near future.

Total levels = 1,147

vb354
[ Display Name History ]

vb354

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • RSN:artemis101
  • Clan:sodb
I just wanted to say very nice progress and I like the way you write its very entertianing keep up the good work and I'm keeping an eye on this blog
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

GregorDGrim
[ Display Name History ]

GregorDGrim

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
High-level alchemy. It just sounds cool, and profitable. At a magic level of 50, I was five away from being able to cast this skill. How best to gain those five levels quickly? Why, cast 'Camelot Teleport' repeatedly, of course. I took 207K of my meager gold pile (Harry Potter's stash at Gringott's it ain't) out of the bank and purchased 1,200 law runes, leaving me with 670K in the bank and a load of law runes. 1,096 clicks later, and I had leveled five times to 55:

How is This Fun?

Doing this shouldn't even be possible. It makes no game sense whatsoever. A player should be forced either to wait a substantial amount of time before teleporting to the same location (1 minute, for example), or not allowed to teleport to the same location twice in a row. Anyway, I took advantage of it and now I can high-alch.

It has been one month since I began this blog, with 1,000 total levels. Now, at the end of September, I'm at 1,152 total. 152 levels, in 57 hours of game time. I'll take that. If only it continued to be this quick....

I thought it would be interesting (at least to myself) to break down the progress during the month. Here's what I leveled this month:

• Fletching - 37. More than 580K experience and made a good bit of profit off bows. Easily my primary focus during the month.
  • Magic - 10. Nearly all experience was gained through Camelot Teleporting, during bonus exp weekend and today.
  • Farming and Hunting - 10 each. Two of my three lowest level skills, I still haven't gotten the hang of farming, and earned my hunting levels in Vinesweeper and Feldip.
  • Dungeoneering - 9. I like going to Daemonheim, and I learned how to get through a floor more quickly.
  • Mining - 8. I earned more experience in this skill in September than in all but four others (fletching, woodcutting, fishing, cooking), with just under 61K. Most of it was in the Dorge'shuun Mine.
  • Construction - 7. Lots of flatpacks and oak furniture. Almost time to hire a servant.
  • Herblore - 7. Strength and attack potions.
  • Defense - 6. Brought it even with attack and strength at level 50, then got a few more off various mobs.
  • Smithing - 6. Making bars for a little while, then switching to hammering out equipment.
  • Agility - 6. All during bonus exp weekend, at Barbarian Outpost.
  • Prayer - 5. A couple of quests helped me level this skill.
  • Fishing - 5. Lobsters in Catherby, and various fishies in Daemonheim.
  • Woodcutting - 4. 450K experience, primarily chopping ivy in Falador. Most afk-able skill for me. Got a good bit of nests.
  • Cooking - 4. Lobsters in Catherby, and various fishies in Daemonheim.
  • Strength - 4. When not training defense on the mobs, was training strength.
  • Crafting and Thieving - 3 each. Yak hair to rope got me the crafting levels, and stealing from guards and the master farmers got me the thieving levels. Spent little time on either skill.
  • Firemaking - 2. The most experience in any 2-level skill, I spent a fair amount of time making fires after getting maple logs.
  • Attack and Constitution - 2 each. Didn't spend much time on attack, and constitution levels were low as I didn't spend a ton of time in combat during the month.
  • Ranged and Summoning - 1 each. Pretty much ignored both of these skills during the month, although did get nice green ranged gear.
  • Slayer - 0. Have some mob to kill in the desert, and kept forgetting about it. Will focus on this skill more in October as I want to level combat skills, particularly strength.
  • Runecrafting - 0. Gathered some charms during the month, but need more before I think about leveling this skill.

Here's to a productive October, and a second month of this blog. Thanks to each of you who read this; I love seeing the page views increase and knowing it's not only because of me.

Total levels = 1,152

GregorDGrim
[ Display Name History ]

GregorDGrim

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
Got October off to a good start, playing around with high level alchemy. I purchased 500 nature runes, to go along with the 116 I already had, for 56K gold, and then began to peruse the list I found on the Wiki of profitable alching items. I noticed that many of the items on the list weren't available in quantities of 100 at the Grand Exchange. Weren't available immediately, I mean. I wasn't in a patient mood. I eventually purchased and alched 100 each of the following items: yanillian seeds, yak-hide armor, rune arrows and attack potions. None were very profitable, with the yak-hide armor giving the best return on the investment at 3,900 profit. However, it is basically free experience, which is so much better than buying law runes to cast Camelot Teleport. Thank Guthix I never have to do that again.

With the remaining 216 runes, I decided to triple-skill woodcutting, fletching and magic. I went to Seers' Village, cut maple, fletched them to longbows and alched them, which worked great for replenishing my bank. I leveled magic twice (to 57) and fletching to level 68.

I then went into afk-stealth mode and cut ivy for more than an hour, leveling woodcutting to 77, which resulted in my fifth-highest daily experience total.

Minor milestones - hit 11 game days played, and cracked the top 1.3 million in total ranking. Well, we're movin' on up...

Total levels = 1,156

99s
[ Display Name History ]

99s

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • RSN:Bep
  • RSN2:Hi ImGarrett
good luck
Posted Image

GregorDGrim
[ Display Name History ]

GregorDGrim

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
Lots of afk-ish playing this evening. Spent the past few hours watching sports and working on a few skills - woodcutting, fletching and magic, just like my last session. Tonight, though, I tried it with yew logs instead of maple. It worked out okay, but it was slow, taking a very long time to fill my inventory with logs. After a while doing that, I decided to forgo chopping the wood, and just bought 1,000 maple logs at the grand exchange. I fletched unfinished longbows and high alched a bunch of them, and then for the last 300 bought bowstring, fletched completed longbows and high alched them.

Typing that last paragraph almost made me fall asleep. It was about as boring to type that as it was to do the skills, but at least I had some good television to watch.

I leveled fletching once to 69, and magic twice, to 59, earning just under 187K experience, my new fifth-highest daily total.

Some days my blog posts are going to be extremely dull, and serve to do little other than bumping my thread to the first page. This is one of those days.

Total levels = 1,159

GregorDGrim
[ Display Name History ]

GregorDGrim

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
To Get Farming Experience, Or Not To Get Farming Experience? That is the Questing. - Okay, so that's goofy, but it sums up my session today. I wanted to level farming, and noted that Fairy Tale I would get me 3,500 experience in that skill. At my low level, that's a good amount. I needed to complete Nature Spirit and Lost City before even becoming eligible for Fairy Tale, so I put on my questing cap (figuratively, I don't actually own a real questing cap) and went to talk to my good buddy Drezin in the vaults below the Saradomin Temple. He told me to find some dude, who turned out to be dead, but I was able to help him turn into a Nature Spirit and turn his disgusting grotto into a beautiful nature rune altar. That earned me two quest points, along with some experience in crafting, constitution and defense:

At One With Nature (Spirit)

Next, I heard rumors of the Lost City of Zanaris, so I tricked a small group of adventurers hanging around the swamps outside Lumbridge into telling me that I needed to find some leprechaun to help with locating the city. Of course the little green scamp told me, so after some work I found myself ducking into a shed and getting transported to Fairy World...er, I mean Zanaris. That was a quick and easy three quest points, but more importantly, allowed me to start Fairy Tale:

Taken to the Fairy Woodshed

So Martin, the fantastic gardener and woefully inadequate defender against pickpocketers, tells me that the crop productivity is down all over the globe. He sent me on interviews of other master gardeners, who spouted off their crazy theories explaining the problem, but it turns out it was a problem with fairies. The Fairy Godmother (aka Queen Bee) had been attacked and nearly killed by Tanglefoot, so I confidently went forth to kill this brute. I ended up having to trek to Tai Bwo Wannai (I know, right?) to get some Volencia moss, one of the items needed to get the Nature Spirit to bless my secateurs:

Bonus Picture!

I have to admit, that is a pretty sweet screen grab, although I'm stepping on the side of my staff for some reason.

I took the blessed secateurs, found Tanglefoot, and started hacking him apart. Unfortunately, I had forgotten to wear my armor, so I ran out of food quickly and had to run away. Big shout out to the Fairy city planners who decided to put a bank in Zanaris. A quick wardrobe change, and it was back to old Tanglefoot. This time, I chopped him to bits, and the Queen's secateurs were mine. I then sold them to a rogue fairy for 150,000 gold. Actually, I meekly returned them to the Fairy Godfather, and the quest was complete:

You Say Secateur, I Say Tree Hacker

The farming experience earned during the quest leveled me from 19 to 24, bringing that skill even with summoning. Soon I shall have at least level 30 in every skill. Maybe. I'm low on charms.

While I typed up this post, I chopped ivy on the southern Falador wall. That helped keep my exp/hour today from being horrendous.

Breaking News - as I was typing that last sentence, I was pulled away from the wall for a random event. I kissed a frog and I liked it. She turned into a princess, I took the experience lamp, chose summoning, and it was enough experience to make level 25:

Take That, Farming!

What excitement! Time to call it a night. Not much experience, but seven quest points and a handful of levels in my worst skills.

Total levels = 1,165

Syd
[ Display Name History ]

Syd

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Fusion
Congrats for 1000 views Gregor, good going! :shades:

Good job with the latest levels too. My hint for growing trees for farming still stands. One tree can easily give you like couple k's xp at lower levels too. At higher levels getting over 10k experience per tree is very much possible. And using supercompost and seed you don't have to check the trees at all. Only need to claim the xp. Survival rate is still 90%.

So basically setting up trees and going back to set up new trees once a day (doing apples and oaks which you can now) could yield like 6,000 or more experience per day with very little effort. When I was doing trees, I used to get over 35,000 experience per day checking them all once (which took me 5 minutes to do), and I didn't even do normal trees at all.

Not to mention the lower level trees are cheap as dirt. Actually it's about somewhere up to pineapple trees and willow trees very very cheap. :smile:

Like for example, doing 5 oaks (467xp) and 4-5 apples (1199xp) (depending whether you use Herblore Habitat area which might be a bit hard to reach - unless you buy juju spirit bags from there) you could get 467x5 + 1199x4 or 5 =~ 7000 - 8200 xp per day. After you reach level 30, you could do willows and banana trees, which would already be 1456x5 + 1750x4 or 5 =~ 15000 xp per day. The levels would go up very fast and you could still boost those XP ratings by growing orange trees, curry trees, maple trees and upto pineapple trees as soon as you're able. Over 100,000 farming xp in a week, spending 5 minutes on a day with it would be possible even for your levels. Double that after you get around 50s. That's why I said the skill is actually one of the easiest to train. :razz:

u5zhkTY.gif

GregorDGrim
[ Display Name History ]

GregorDGrim

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts

Thanks! I noticed that this morning...after accounting for the times I've clicked on the thread, that must be more than 250 views from others!

Also, thanks very much for the advice on farming; I definitely will follow it. The Herblore Habitat suggestion will have to wait for awhile, however. From a guide:

The Herblore Habitat requires at least 54 Farming, 70 Hunter, 54 Herblore, and possibly 54 Construction, but it is recommended that you get at least 69 Farming and 78 Hunter as this grants you access to much of what the habitat has to offer.

Syd
[ Display Name History ]

Syd

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Fusion
I meant planting a fruit tree in the Herblore Habitat area. As far as I know, planting the tree doesn't require any levels - as the area itself doesn't require levels to access. So you're not actually "playing the minigame" but using the fruit tree patch to farm. It should work, as long as you're able to reach the place. I'm not totally sure if it requires levels to reach, but not as far as I can remember. :)

However, even skipping one tree you're still looking for decent xp rates. :lol:

u5zhkTY.gif

CannibalAngel
[ Display Name History ]

CannibalAngel

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • RSN:Gojeta 5
  • RSN2:Spiritbobber
  • Clan:bass and drums

Thanks! I noticed that this morning...after accounting for the times I've clicked on the thread, that must be more than 250 views from others!

Also, thanks very much for the advice on farming; I definitely will follow it. The Herblore Habitat suggestion will have to wait for awhile, however. From a guide:

The Herblore Habitat requires at least 54 Farming, 70 Hunter, 54 Herblore, and possibly 54 Construction, but it is recommended that you get at least 69 Farming and 78 Hunter as this grants you access to much of what the habitat has to offer.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think that viewing your own post counts towards the view count. So those 1K+ views you have are from other users. Nice work!
Posted Image

GregorDGrim
[ Display Name History ]

GregorDGrim

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
I had a productive session of woodcutting, fletching and magic. Simple and non-threatening. I spent it in one of my favorite spots in the world, the forest south of Falador and east of the clan camps. I chopped some ivy and reached level 78 in woodcutting. Afterwards, I chopped yew, fletched shortbows, and then alched them for 128 profit each. The alching got me to level 60 in magic:

You Have to Believe, I Am Magic

I wanted to get fletching to 70 so that I could switch to yew longbows, but the chopping was taking awhile, so I traveled to the Grand Exchange and purchased enough maple logs to fletch and level more quickly:

Fletch Armstrong

After finishing the level, I purchased 1,000 nature runes (down to 96 each, which is where they seem to have stabilized after Jagex nerfed the alching of nature runes) and went back to the Falador Woods, where I spent the remainder of the session chopping, fletching yew longbows and alching them. Alching these earns 384 coins, for a very good profit of nearly 290 each.

143K experience and three levels, and time for bed.

Total levels = 1,168

GregorDGrim
[ Display Name History ]

GregorDGrim

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
Since I was playing today while doing some other computer work, I stuck to the tried-and-true yew chopping, fletching longbows and then high alching them. However, I got to thinking. While an approximate 290 coin profit per yew longbow is good, particularly in conjunction with gaining experience and not having to go to the bank for any reason, wouldn't it make more sense to bank the fletched longbows, sell them for market price later (464 coins right now at GE), and buy something much cheaper to alch? I'd lock in a significantly higher profit, and then look for something that could break even or earn a small profit via alching. This would also allow me to alch noted items, saving me from having to click in multiple places in my inventory. I'm starting to try to think about things more efficiently, and this one seems like a no-brainer.

While cutting yew, I also received three birds' nests, one of which contained a papaya tree seed, so that added to a profitable, albeit short, session. It was a short enough session that I did not gain any levels.

Trivial note: It looks like I am getting approximately 43K experience per hour chopping yews and fletching longbows with them. That includes running to the eastern bank in Falador.

Total levels = still 1,168

GregorDGrim
[ Display Name History ]

GregorDGrim

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
Slay Bells Ring, Are You Listening? - finally, yes, I listened. After not practicing the slayer skill since the inception of this blog, I focused my last session on completing slayer tasks. I've been thinking that a higher combat level, particularly through training strength, would make easier some of the quests that I have on my priority list, and training combat skills through slayer tasks is good multi-skilling.

My buddy (well, he doesn't know that he's my buddy) for slayer is Mazchna in Canifis. The medium level assignments seem perfect for me. The big disadvantage of using Mazchna is the long walk required from Varrock. Because I am nowhere near the required levels in farming and herblore to complete Fairy Tale II (and use the Fairy Ring system of teleporting), I did not think I had any other option. However, I recently (as in last night) discovered that I will be able to start the quest and proceed far enough to gain access to the fairy rings, allowing me to teleport much closer to Mazchna. That just shot straight to the top of my priority list.

My first task, which I've had for more than a month, was to slay 31 desert lizards. I stocked up on waterskins and some ice coolers, wore my magic garb along with some desert robes, and strolled through the Shantay Pass to fire blast some over-sized geckos. First I heated them up, and then I cooled them down. What fun! Completing this task brought me to level 35 slayer:

I Already Used My Slayer Pun For This Entry

Next, it was time for 40 cave crawlers. I should have gone to the Rellekka Slayer cave, but I didn't know that cave crawlers were there until after my third slayer task (foreshadowing). I knew there were some in the caves under the Lumbridge swamp, so I headed there with rope, a lit lantern, some antipoison potions (I read my guides) and NO tinderbox. While using magic on the lizards worked very well, I switched to full armor and a rune scimitar, and began training strength. Unfortunately, before I even found the creepy crawlers, I slipped in some water and my lantern went out. Ohhhhhh....so that's why I was supposed to bring a tinderbox. Not too bad, I thought, I could still see enough to feel my way around the cavern. Within a number of seconds, however, a swarm of insects started biting me, and they would not stop. I started running like a blind fool, eating the few lobsters I brought with me and frantically trying to find the exit. Thankfully, a very helpful stranger who also happened to be on a cave crawler slayer task saw my predicament and gave me a handful of swordfish. That gave me just enough health to escape the caves and be rid of the bugs. When I say 'just enough', I mean that I was down to 60 hit points and no food.

After getting my tinderbox and a few more food items, I returned to the scene and completed the task, which was pretty much anti-climactic after my first pass through the caves. I was able to personally offer thanks to my rescuer, and gave him some gold in gratitude. During this assignment, I leveled strength to 55 and my overall combat level to 69:

Getting Stronger Every Day

The best thing about the cave crawlers is the loot they drop (all this, plus 11 charms):

Where Are Their Pockets?

For my third task, I had to eliminate 49 cockatrices. This was my introduction to the Rellekka Slayer cave, and where I first had to run through a room full of cave crawlers. I am so glad I didn't die from those insects earlier; seeing these guys just wriggling around harmlessly would have made me very frustrated. I went in again with full armor, and a mirror shield to avoid their harmful gaze, and beat the snot out of them. I reached slayer level 36, and got an inventory full of limpwurt roots and cockatrice eggs. I did venture further into the caves, but quickly discovered that my slayer level was not high enough to harm the basilisks or jellies in the adjoining rooms.

I finished off the Slay Day with a task to defeat 46 bears. Grizzly bears just love the forest and mining area north-east of Ardougne. And I just love butchering grizzly bears. They caused almost no damage, they are easy to hit hard (I hit for my max of 122 on a couple of occasions), they drop some gold and other charms, and their meat is worth more than 300 gold each. I completed the task very quickly, and decided to keep on killing little Yogi and Boo Boo. I filled and then banked my inventory of meat and charms repeatedly, as it was a fairly short run to the Ardougne Savings and Loan ("I got my loan, in Old Ardougne!" - I'm sure you've seen the ads). I wound up killing more than 200 grizzlies, which will result in a nice profit once I sell the meat, and leveled strength (to 56) and constitution (to 55):

No, You Will Not Steal My Pic-a-nic Basket!

With that, I ended my session. Before I undertake another slayer task, I will gain access to the Fairy Ring travel system. That will definitely save time.

Total levels = 1,173

SwreeTak
[ Display Name History ]

SwreeTak

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,739 posts
  • RSN:SwreeTak
  • Clan:Arcane Chroniclers
I love to see your progress. Seems like you went through quite a slayer adventure recently. It's good to see that there are still helpful strangers out there who hand out swordfishes to those who need it!
Congratulations on that nice slayer, strength and constitution level up :) Now keep going. Perhaps do some herblore and farming so you can do the quests for the fairy ring network?

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

GregorDGrim
[ Display Name History ]

GregorDGrim

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
Thanks, swedishboy5, for the comments. I'm really in no hurry to level up herblore and farming that much. Now that I apparently can travel using the fairy ring network (see below), there is not much incentive to complete Fairy Tale II and III.

With the forum down for most of last week, I did not spend very much time on Runescape. I do not even have any pictures to share for this entry.

I am frustrated with the site I use to make my signature, because it has been switching back and forth between listing my skills that are at least level 30, but not in the top two million in rankings. As an analytical person, I do not like seeing my graphs on that site getting screwed up.

Anyway, here's the list of what I accomplished since last Monday in the game:

• Cut and fletched yew until reaching level 79 in woodcutting.
  • Chopped a bunch of ivy.
  • Sold some items and passed one million coins in the bank.
  • High-alched yak-hide armor (200 of them) and attack potions (200) and leveled magic to 61.
  • Started Fairy Tale II and progressed far enough to gain access to the fairy rings system.
  • With a few friends, got a citadel for our small clan. Chopped wood for upkeep.

I'm not sure what we will be doing long-term with our clan. Currently it is just a place to hang out, but we have some roleplaying ideas. It is certainly in the infancy stage.

Total levels = 1,175

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Skilling, Comedy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users